Monolith M1570 Over Ear Open Back Balanced Planar Headphones
Oct 11, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #601 of 1,015
I really hate the whole "$1,800 regular price, though perpetually on sale for $600" thing. Mostly because it's an extremely effective way to manipulate me into being really powerfully tempted to buy it, lol. Just think of the "savings!"

Based on what all's been said here, I think it's clear it's well worth it at $600. But can anyone comment on the HE6se from the perspective of an $1,800 pricetag?

Oct 11, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #602 of 1,015
I really hate the whole "$1,800 regular price, though perpetually on sale for $600" thing. Mostly because it's an extremely effective way to manipulate me into being really powerfully tempted to buy it, lol. Just think of the "savings!"

Based on what all's been said here, I think it's clear it's well worth it at $600. But can anyone comment on the HE6se from the perspective of an $1,800 pricetag?
You'll probably bet better answers in one of the HE-6se threads, but from memory, I think most people feel the $1,799 price tag is marketing chicanery. :)

Oct 11, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #603 of 1,015

I have never heard a headphone that goes for $1,800.00US. I would think/hope they would sound better than my "mid-fi" stuff.

To me, these mix Very nicely within the $600.00 x $700.00 products that I own such as Elex's, Cascades, etc.
I actually think they compare very well against anything under $1K, as long as you like the sound. I certainly do.

Oct 11, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #604 of 1,015
sale_over.jpg

D: IT'S OVER!!! WAAAHHHHHHH!!!

icon.png
Black Friday is coming soon...

Oct 12, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #605 of 1,015
I find the HE6se V2's Much better than the M1570's.
While the M1570 is very good, the HE6se V2 is great/excellent.
Great! Now you've gone and did it. It just sounds too tempting. I just put in an order for HE6se V2. I shall report back how it compares to the M1570 for anyone else interested. Should arrive the last week of October.

Oct 12, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #606 of 1,015
Great! Now you've gone and did it. It just sounds too tempting. I just put in an order for HE6se V2. I shall report back how it compares to the M1570 for anyone else interested. Should arrive the last week of October.
And the million dollar question is...what will you drive them with?

Oct 14, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #607 of 1,015
Couldn't sleep, so I decided to do a comparison of the M1570 and M1070, because, why not. :) I have EQ's for both in EQ APO, and it's easy enough to swap between the two. (Both based on Oratory1990's M1570 Leathers) Both EQs are overall dB matched. (Wound up increasing Band 3 Treble adjustment an additional 1 dB on the M1570 to compensate for my poor aging ears. Restored impact nicely.)

First thing is volume. The M1570 is very similar to the M1070 in volume at same setting.

The M1570 has better overall imaging, and better spacious sound staging, especially into the front. The M1070 sounds more narrow in comparison, more left/right biased.

The M1070 comes across as being somewhat darker and warmer in the low end, but may be due to recession in other parts in comparison to the M1570. The M1570 sounds more realistic and natural, and certainly easier to immerse into the audio.

Oct 14, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #608 of 1,015
For any Canucks on the site, I will be putting my M1570's on CAM tomorrow.

Oct 14, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #609 of 1,015
And the million dollar question is...what will you drive them with?
UPS driver delivered HifiMan HE6se V2 early!!!
Right now I have the HE6se V2 playing out of a Questyle CMA Twelve DAC/amp $1,500 vs. Rebel Audio RebelAmp amp $500. The highs out of the HE6se V2 are a bit harsh coming out of the CMA Twelve but are tamed and sweet out of the RebelAmp. This is odd as most of my headphones sound better out of the CMA Twelve except for the Hifiman Ananada which sounds great out of both amps. I have listened to less than ten tracks comparing the HE6se V2 vs the M1570. I will update soon.
m1570 hs6se v2 on amps.jpeg

Oct 15, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #610 of 1,015
Right now I have the HE6se V2 playing out of a Questyle CMA Twelve DAC/amp $1,500 vs. Rebel Audio RebelAmp amp $500. The highs out of the HE6se V2 are a bit harsh coming out of the CMA Twelve but are tamed and sweet out of the RebelAmp. This is odd as most of my headphones sound better out of the CMA Twelve except for the Hifiman Ananada which sounds great out of both amps. I have listened to less than ten tracks comparing the HE6se V2 vs the M1570. I will update soon.
What's your impression of the HE6se vs the Ananda?

I picked up an HE6se a couple of months ago and I like the sound, I just wish it wasn't so uncomfortable. I replaced the Pali Pads with the Hifiman round velours which helped in the comfort area, but the pads openings are still just a tad too small, so I've been curious about the oval pad Hifiman headphones.

One thing that I love about the M1570 is how comfortable it is, easily one of the best headphones I've owned when it comes to that.

Oct 15, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #611 of 1,015
What's your impression of the HE6se vs the Ananda?

I picked up an HE6se a couple of months ago and I like the sound, I just wish it wasn't so uncomfortable. I replaced the Pali Pads with the Hifiman round velours which helped in the comfort area, but the pads openings are still just a tad too small, so I've been curious about the oval pad Hifiman headphones.

One thing that I love about the M1570 is how comfortable it is, easily one of the best headphones I've owned when it comes to that.
I have been listening to the HE6se V2 tonight out of the RebelAmp vs other headphones. But, I don't think I am ready to declare final verdicts. However, the HE6se V2 on this first night of listening seems to sound better than both the Ananda and the M1570. I am very grateful that I was tempted by this thread to purchase them. I still have lots of listening to do and I still need to switch out a few amplifiers around to see what what I can discover. However, I am spent for today. Tomorrow is another day and I can't wait to get home from work tomorrow to play around with my audio gear further when I am able to stay awake.
IMG_1646.jpg

Oct 15, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #612 of 1,015
I have been listening to the HE6se V2 tonight out of the RebelAmp vs other headphones. But, I don't think I am ready to declare final verdicts. However, the HE6se V2 on this first night of listening seems to sound better than both the Ananda and the M1570. I am very grateful that I was tempted by this thread to purchase them. I still have lots of listening to do and I still need to switch out a few amplifiers around to see what what I can discover. However, I am spent for today. Tomorrow is another day and I can't wait to get home from work tomorrow to play around with my audio gear further when I am able to stay awake.
IMG_1646.jpg
Lovely setup there... and a great assortment of headphones. I have three of the four 'phones, I don't have the M1570 but I really like how you changed the headband on the M1570 -- I think it looks so much nicer with the Audeze headband and I suspect it's more comfortable, too. I'm also jealous of your Rebel Amp!

Oct 15, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #613 of 1,015
Congrats!

Oct 15, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #614 of 1,015
Congratulations from me too ! Have a good experience when comparing those beasts :) M1570 vs HE-6se V2 sound difference is very interesting but please describe comfort at stock headband too.

Sorry for a bit of offtopic but has anybody heard Ether Flow and can say some worlds about VS M1570 or HE-6se V2 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back