Monolith M1570 Over Ear Open Back Balanced Planar Headphones
Oct 6, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #586 of 1,015
My intent would be to go balanced, after all, and to consolidate the tubes into the amp. Not much reason to get the LP for SE if I already have the Asgard 3.

I think I am fussing over Balanced because I don't have any balanced amps, and tbh I probably don't need to do it. But I like the concept. :)

I guess, if you can afford it, you could go all out on the best equipment.

Or you could say, "Look honey, you don't know how much money we saved in my little hobby here just by never going balanced!"

Oct 6, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #587 of 1,015

Or you could say, "Look honey, you don't know how much money we saved in my little hobby here just by never going balanced!"
already got the "Why do you have so many headphones? Don't you only use one at a time? Can't you sell some of these off? Don't they all do the same thing?"

Oct 6, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #588 of 1,015
I'd been primarily using my M1570s out of my THX AAA 789 as that was the amp I had, but I recently upgraded to the Schiit Ragnarok 2 and it seems to do a lot to aid in bass slam (which seems to be a feature it has across multiple headphones I've tried with it). While it's been a while since I've broken out the M1570s (mainly been using my LCD-3 and HE6se) so I can't be sure if it's something going on with the Ragnarok, but I feel like the soundstage and imaging are significantly improved vs the THX 789.

Oct 6, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #589 of 1,015
I'd been primarily using my M1570s out of my THX AAA 789 as that was the amp I had, but I recently upgraded to the Schiit Ragnarok 2 and it seems to do a lot to aid in bass slam (which seems to be a feature it has across multiple headphones I've tried with it). While it's been a while since I've broken out the M1570s (mainly been using my LCD-3 and HE6se) so I can't be sure if it's something going on with the Ragnarok, but I feel like the soundstage and imaging are significantly improved vs the THX 789.
That's what my Vali 2 does for my M1070.

Oct 6, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #590 of 1,015

Or you could say, "Look honey, you don't know how much money we saved in my little hobby here just by never going balanced

Hahahahaha. That's hilarious. I take a shot everytime I read a forum post of a dude whose wife is giving him crap for having too many speakers.

Oct 6, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #591 of 1,015
I can believe that. When you find the right amp combo, they are a pretty sweet headphone.

Oct 7, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #592 of 1,015
Also, forgot to ask how good Is the Instrument separation on the RebelAmp?
My Ray Samuels Emmeline XP-7 exhibits a much greater instrument separation than the RebelAmp on Monoprice M1570. My Singxer SA-1 has slightly more instrument separation than the RebelAmp in the mids and highs. However in the lower registers the RebelAmp exhibits a high degree of instrumental separation such as when a double bass is playing during some classical tracks. However, nothing about instrument separation seems worth noting in any of these amps apart from the Ray Samuels Emmeline XP-7, as I have not experienced any negative characteristics of instrument separation in any of these amps. Perhaps there are others out there that are sticklers that desire increased separation in a particular register that I do not.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #593 of 1,015
I've also been looking at the Liquid Platinum amp. Anyone with experience of this one?
I just started demoing my LP and M1570 today. I'm sure YMMV depending on what kind of tubes you roll, but I've got a couple Brimar CV2494 tubes in mine. Compared to my Singxer SA-1, the LP+Brimars adds a little bit of air, little bit extra width, bass gets a little more energetic, but the biggest difference is that good ol' tube smoothness. I just adore the silkiness it adds to everything. It's especially apparent with brass instruments. And the M1570 is already a very natural, musical-sounding headphone to begin with, but even more so on the LP with these tubes.

I'm running balanced out of my Modius into the LP, and using a custom balanced cable to my M1570, so a fully balanced chain. I've got the knob at just 9 o'clock and it's already plenty loud. Monoprice advertise the M1570 as a 60-ohm headphone and the LP as outputting 4.21W at 56 ohms (balanced). So, ample amounts of power on tap, as well.

So far, I'm enjoying the combo. I still have some A/B'ing to do, but neither of my amps disappoint. And on my first listen, the LP seems to be a bit more enjoyable, even. I can't comment on performance with the stock tubes, because they're pretty universally regarded as being not-so-good, so I started tube rolling the instant I got it. So if you do pull the trigger and feel underwhelmed, the stock tubes are a likely culprit.

Oct 8, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #594 of 1,015
I just started demoing my LP and M1570 today. I'm sure YMMV depending on what kind of tubes you roll, but I've got a couple Brimar CV2494 tubes in mine. Compared to my Singxer SA-1, the LP+Brimars adds a little bit of air, little bit extra width, bass gets a little more energetic, but the biggest difference is that good ol' tube smoothness. I just adore the silkiness it adds to everything. It's especially apparent with brass instruments. And the M1570 is already a very natural, musical-sounding headphone to begin with, but even more so on the LP with these tubes.

I'm running balanced out of my Modius into the LP, and using a custom balanced cable to my M1570, so a fully balanced chain. I've got the knob at just 9 o'clock and it's already plenty loud. Monoprice advertise the M1570 as a 60-ohm headphone and the LP as outputting 4.21W at 56 ohms (balanced). So, ample amounts of power on tap, as well.

So far, I'm enjoying the combo. I still have some A/B'ing to do, but neither of my amps disappoint. And on my first listen, the LP seems to be a bit more enjoyable, even. I can't comment on performance with the stock tubes, because they're pretty universally regarded as being not-so-good, so I started tube rolling the instant I got it. So if you do pull the trigger and feel underwhelmed, the stock tubes are a likely culprit.
Thank you for the feedback. I think that the benefits would be minimal considering what I am using now, especially since I can use the preamp to match the line level to the Asgard 3 for optimal performance. The Asgard 3 is a solid performer, discrete components, and is possibly too well constructed for it's price point. 2.5W @ 50ohm is plenty of amping power, it's a noise-free amp, and I can optimize the dynamics so that it's impactful even at low volume with the preamp.

If I ever invest in a HE6se v2, then I will reconsider the Liquid Platinum. For now, I will focus any potential additions to a DAC, as Multibit / R2R is a curiosity.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #595 of 1,015
sale_over.jpg

D: IT'S OVER!!! WAAAHHHHHHH!!!

icon.png

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #596 of 1,015
Now we have cheaper in Europe :wink: With 20% sale discount and final price is 480 EUR.

Someone from M1570 owners have compared them to Ether Flow or listened to them and can tell the differences ?

Oct 10, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #597 of 1,015
Anyone in the US interested in the M1570 for a good price? PM me. It's not that I don't like them, but I have no reason to keep them with the HE6se V2 around. I'd include the Balanced Hart Cable.
Did you sell yours yet? I have come to the same decision. I waited a week or two before putting the M1570's back into the rotation. They sounded just fine for two days and then I pulled the HE6se's out. Game over.

I cannot unhear the difference.:slight_frown:

Oct 11, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #598 of 1,015
Did you sell yours yet? I have come to the same decision. I waited a week or two before putting the M1570's back into the rotation. They sounded just fine for two days and then I pulled the HE6se's out. Game over.

I'm sorry but because of language barrier I don't understand clearly. You mean HE-6SE is so good as end game ? M1570 is the same class or much worse in your opinion ?
I have possibility to purchase Ether Flow 1.1 and I don't know if it is good way as upgrade for M1570 ?

Oct 11, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #599 of 1,015
I'm sorry but because of language barrier I don't understand clearly. You mean HE-6SE is so good as end game ? M1570 is the same class or much worse in your opinion ?
I have possibility to purchase Ether Flow 1.1 and I don't know if it is good way as upgrade for M1570 ?
I find the HE6se V2's Much better than the M1570's. But that is just an opinion.

I wouldn't call the HE6se's end game, but they have a very full sound and are very fun.

Oct 11, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #600 of 1,015

Haven't sold it yet.
I'd keep it if I had the space. While the M1570 is very good, the HE6se V2 is great/excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back