Monolith M1060C Closed Back Planar Headphones impressions
May 18, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #512 of 1,409
Just got mine today. Burning in underway and pretty impressed so far
DF9CBF57-E28A-46BF-9E4E-8B3A2A3F6EFC.jpeg

May 18, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #513 of 1,409
What cable is that? I just put a neutrik end on my standard cable and have an OFC one on the way.

May 19, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #514 of 1,409
What cable is that? I just put a neutrik end on my standard cable and have an OFC one on the way.
It’s a T2 silver lots cable from the headphonelounge. I previously had used it for Hifiman He1000v2. Very details and extended in both ends

May 20, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #516 of 1,409
I got mine yesterday, open box from Monoprice. I submitted for a RMA replacement for a couple reasons. The gimbal screw was loose on one side and scraping the cup/housing. I was able to tighten that myself, but it was a little tough given the placement. The second problem was the jack oh the other cup. It seems a little loose, and the sound on that side would cut out on the stock cables. With some wiggling/twisting it can come back in, but that's not something I can live with.

Playing with the gimbal screw and jack really demonstrated the free movement of the cups all over the place! I thought the pads we're comfy and a little warm after a while. The headband would be the trouble spot if any - as others have said.

If the replacement has any issues, it will make my decision between the M1060c and 1MORE triple driver over-ear a little easier.

May 21, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #517 of 1,409
I got mine yesterday, open box from Monoprice. I submitted for a RMA replacement for a couple reasons. The gimbal screw was loose on one side and scraping the cup/housing. I was able to tighten that myself, but it was a little tough given the placement. The second problem was the jack oh the other cup. It seems a little loose, and the sound on that side would cut out on the stock cables. With some wiggling/twisting it can come back in, but that's not something I can live with.

Playing with the gimbal screw and jack really demonstrated the free movement of the cups all over the place! I thought the pads we're comfy and a little warm after a while. The headband would be the trouble spot if any - as others have said.

If the replacement has any issues, it will make my decision between the M1060c and 1MORE triple driver over-ear a little easier.

Is the 1more an on ear?

May 21, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #519 of 1,409

I tried the 1MOREs. They couldn't compete with my M1060Cs -- I value soundstage and imaging most, and it was no contest. I found them flat (in the bad sense) and lacking 3D presence. Also, they are definitely ON-EAR, pretty uncomfortable. Returned them.

May 21, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #520 of 1,409
Based on listening to both, when the M1060Cs are working right, I'm leaning toward them. That's why I'm hoping this RMA works and I get a good set.

The 1MOREs loose out on soundstage, and comfort for sure. I'm getting used to it a little, but I'm afraid it won't cut it in the long term. The bass has a unique, visceral quality that I like, but it just doesn't have the same clean, clear, full, extended quality that M1060Cs have to my ears.

Build quality, though - the 1MOREs are very well constructed and solid. The1060Cs - less confidence in the build.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #522 of 1,409
For anyone looking to buy the 1060Cs, they're on sale today at Monoprice for 20% off and free shipping, after code MAY22.

Using this, I was able switch the RMA to a return/refund, and will purchase M1060Cs new with the code for the same price as the open box. Open box isn't eligible to use with code, by the way.

May 22, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #524 of 1,409
Mine's still in stock form and I love it. Maybe pick up an aftermarket cable because the included one has a bit of cable noise. But that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back