Monolith M1060C Closed Back Planar Headphones impressions
May 23, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #529 of 1,409
The Memorial Day discount is enticing but people are still reporting problems. I’d rather pay full price for a revised version in the future.
You can always return it if there was a QC issue right? Mine is okay so far and since I am not based in US, I will have to pay the shipping cost.
Having said that, I would love to see the next version lighter, much lighter please

May 23, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #530 of 1,409
I've had my m1060c for three days, burning in all the time. The first improvement I made was the purchase of a Blue Dragon Cable from Moon Audio. Huge difference in sound stage and better bass. Dramatic. Also longer lengths are available. The cans are taking awhile to smooth out in the high end, but they're making progress. Very immersive and involving. Lots of detail. Burn in for both the cable and the cans are very necessary. If you order the Blue Dragon, request the termination for the Audioquest Headphones, as they are compatible. Moon doesn't list the Monoliths yet. Enjoy!

May 28, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #533 of 1,409
How do you
I was going to, but I'm just so pleased with the sound from my 1060Cs with just the open back grill, I haven't wanted to wreck it.

me too and big thanks to SomeTechNoob for getting the honeycomb grill to me

F59AACE2-D6B2-48C3-9FC0-605262B18092.jpeg

May 29, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #538 of 1,409
If Monoprice is really clearing these out for a revision for both headphones... I'd be seriously excited!

They had a lot of time to get feedback on them and if they are damped and tuned properly this revision along with a sturdier headband, they have a big chance to really disrupt the entire industry.

May 30, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #539 of 1,409
I'm curious why people think an update is imminent though?

There is a discount code, but it's for the entire Monoprice store from what I can tell.

They also have a general headphone sale on a the moment, which specifically does NOT include the M1060C.
(Although it does include the open version)

I know Zeos made an off hand comment in his review about the headband being revised, but is there anything more specific than that out there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back