Modifying WM1Z/A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #196 of 3,042
Feb 28, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #198 of 3,042
Feb 28, 2020 at 11:58 PM Post #200 of 3,042
but can i goback to my former region?

Absolutely, just use the same command line but use the the region code you want. It's not a one way journey.

However, you should probably re-install the modded firmware just in case after you change region.

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #201 of 3,042
Wow has anyone tried the new FUN version? its like a huge Hall! cathederal! Ists like having further more when you enable low A + strings its add even more FUN (awesome hall reverbs right? Impresibve add on! please keep this going!! Awesome work! Insane reverbs everywhere! electronic music sounds like in a catrhederal! Bass its very impresive too!!! I was esceptical at first but i can confirm this is a feraking awesome FW add on should be named Hall or cathederal it will ve awesome to edit this one and remove the reverb and make a club 2.0 with the same staging and tight bass but very absorbing and dampening materials lol so the reverb will be very short! im-pre-sive!
Havent tried it i think @Whitigir deleted it already

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #206 of 3,042
Will the mod by music sanctuary make WM1Z sound better than sp2000? I am looking for a dap.

Probably depends on what sound you prefer, some already prefer stock 1Z to SP2000. I’ve never heard SP2000 nor any modded 1Z only stock 1Z so can’t comment

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #207 of 3,042
The sp2000 in CU version I can not speak of other versions and I don't know if the diference is big, is a step ahead of the 1Z, I never heard it with mod, mine is stock, is awsome sounding device but the AK did the best for now, the sound is bigger the stage is more real, the scale is awsome and natural, has allways, some people may not like, but I think the problem is not with sp2000 but is all about the notion of people of what sound better or worse

Feb 29, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #208 of 3,042
Will the mod by music sanctuary make WM1Z sound better than sp2000? I am looking for a dap.

See my post below. Before deciding on sound, make sure you pick the DAP that has the features you need. Since you are about to spend >$3000, I assume you will want to keep this for a long time so the functionality should give you exactly what you want today plus what you think you will need a few years from now. If both WM1z and SP2000 fit your functional needs in this regard, then I think you will get better advice on sound differences. At least for me, it came down to functionality for the decision. It also helps to know what you plan to pair with your new DAP. For example, if you plan on magnetic planars, Sony DAPs do not fare well with most of those due to need of higher current.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-nw-wm1z-wm1a.815841/page-2150#post-15483941

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back