Modifying WM1Z/A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 29, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #211 of 3,042
Feb 29, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #213 of 3,042
A little report here for you my 1z/z1 fans )

I now tried the Japan version and I think it once again transformed my dap into new territory one that I never thought 1z could be at....

It literally sounds 100% like dmp now! Nuts

Though it has less bass and more treble to my perception.
Mids are same...
I have to admit it has a very analytical and warm natural tint.
Not so thick as I am used to hear 1z.

I personally prefer my previous not Japan version but I now have no clue how to go back or how to select other regions.

I really miss that bass textures I had with not Japan version it had something that was out of ordinary. Yes I know its not so realistic as Jp but damn it had a sexy twist

Feb 29, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #214 of 3,042

I now tried the Japan version and I think it once again transformed my dap into new territory one that I never thought 1z could be at....

Mids are same...

I personally prefer my previous not Japan version but I now have no clue how to go back or how to select other regions.

I really miss that bass textures I had with not Japan version it had something that was out of ordinary. Yes I know its not so realistic as Jp but damn it had a sexy twist
But you just have the Japanese version or the japonese version with other changes besides oficial 3.02 firmware? Mine with just the change to zone J with 3.01 the sound has more punch and is more organic, so the oposite of what you are saying

Feb 29, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #215 of 3,042

Mids are same...

Repeat what you did to bring forth “J”, but then swap it with “U”

Feb 29, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #216 of 3,042
But you just have the Japanese version or the japonese version with other changes besides oficial 3.02 firmware? Mine with just the change to zone J with 3.01 the sound has more punch and is more organic, so the oposite of what you are saying

I previously setting the J on my 1z I had dmp1.02 fw with none Japan and loved it.

Now I have dmp1.02 + Japan version not so appealing as before...

Too natural too analytical and less bass and more treble

Feb 29, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #217 of 3,042
Repeat what you did to bring forth “J”, but then swap it with “U”

What U means? I want no European stuff lol and that cap limit.

Mine is Eu/Aus/Je

Feb 29, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #219 of 3,042
I previously setting the J on my 1z I had dmp1.02 fw with none Japan and loved it.

Now I have dmp1.02 + Japan version not so appealing as before...

Too natural too analytical and less bass and more treble
I see, I had the same feeling when I tried the dmp1.02 version, the problem is between the dmp1.02 and Japan version with the oficial firmeware the sound diference is the oposite much more smooth and less analytical

Feb 29, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #221 of 3,042
It is not that I am trying to be mean, but it is all technical and would be useless since we are breaking the limits and that makes the Synergies and everything else matter so much more

But once you have the right gears, hardware mods and so on, Japan is the best

Feb 29, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #222 of 3,042
I know why but I am not telling, Japan is still the best of it. Try rolling toward another firmware is my advise instead of changing region code

Dmp1.02 wad my all time favorite, none other fw is like it.
Except the U1.02 but to trebly there

So what is so special about Jp?

Feb 29, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #224 of 3,042
It is not that I am trying to be mean, but it is all technical and would be useless since we are breaking the limits and that makes the Synergies and everything else matter so much more

But once you have the right gears, hardware mods and so on, Japan is the best

It may be but I aint saying that jp is bad.
In fact I am saying its way to freakin correct and accurate lmao I want my slightly less technical 1z/z1 with that unusual bass textures )

With Jp + dmp1.02 everything changed even textures are not same. Seriously it sounds 100% like dmp!
Way too realistic like insane

Or how we like calling it...
I want my tube distortions waves hehe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back