Modhouse Audio Argon - T50RP MK2/3 & T60RP
Dec 2, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #991 of 1,323
I did have the T60 version and I ended up selling it, maybe I was just more climatized to the MK2 sound which has ZMF suedes at the minute. The suedes add some clarity at the exspense of some mid bass.
Are you using the ZMF Oval in suede? I don’t think I’ve read any impressions from someone using suedes with an MK2 or MK3. I know they’re the recommended pad for the T60 Argon.

Jan 2, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #993 of 1,323
Ordered my T60s in March or April and finally received them a couple weeks ago. Absolutely in love! Something about them is just so relaxing to me, and the comfort is just off the charts. Absolutely a steal for the price point.

I ordered mine at the end of July and just heard from Ryan that they should be done by the end of next week. Curious, did you ever hear the T50 versions and if so, how does the T60 compare?

Jan 2, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #994 of 1,323
I ordered mine at the end of July and just heard from Ryan that they should be done by the end of next week. Curious, did you ever hear the T50 versions and if so, how does the T60 compare?
Unfortunately I’ve never had a chance to try out any T50 models. I will say though that the descriptions on the website seem to be accurate, especially regarding pad recommendations. Ryan says that suedes are his pick for the T60s because they smooth out the top end, and it’s definitely noticeable compared to other headphones.

Jan 2, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #995 of 1,323
Unfortunately I’ve never had a chance to try out any T50 models. I will say though that the descriptions on the website seem to be accurate, especially regarding pad recommendations. Ryan says that suedes are his pick for the T60s because they smooth out the top end, and it’s definitely noticeable compared to other headphones.
So how do you find the treble? Is it fatiguing or too sharp? I ordered these too, but I'm nervous that they might turn out to be fatiguing and I'm very treble sensitive. I mean... can you fall asleep listening to them (that's my test)?

Jan 2, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #996 of 1,323
So how do you find the treble? Is it fatiguing or too sharp? I ordered these too, but I'm nervous that they might turn out to be fatiguing and I'm very treble sensitive. I mean... can you fall asleep listening to them (that's my test)?
I don’t find them fatiguing whatsoever. Some people say the treble is quite spiky but I really couldn’t say that with my experience.

Jan 2, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #997 of 1,323

I'm very treble sensitive and I'm a happy user of the Argon t60. When the music calls for it they can be bright but I never found it fatiguing.

Jan 6, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #1,001 of 1,323
With Gustard H10 output gain switches set to +12 and using the stock opamps I'm loving the Argon Mk3... so precise and detailed yet also very impactful and having a large space for the sound to play in and come across unique... extremely enjoyable listening for me. Need to find out what it's like on my second H10 with the Burson V6 Vivid single & Classic dual opamps. If my modded Purplehearts didn't have their massive subbass, the Argon would have easily replaced them...

The Argon Mk3 didn't wow me at first listen, but has steadily become more impressive as I find out what gear and settings it needs to show what it really can sound like... absolutely beautiful sounding headphone to me... I'll even put it ahead of my Purplehearts at this moment as it does everything absolutely better other than the massive subbass experience... it's not too far behind the Purplehearts in subbass impact though. The Trentemoller, The Last Resort album shows what it can do... all that detail/intricacies with relaxed yet very present highs along with clean, hard hitting, fairly massive, and punchy bass... VERY NICE.

The three amigos that are the best of friends - the M0, H10, and Argon Mk3:

i-hKv7nD3-X4.jpg

Using my stock T50RP MK3 with a recently purchased Gustard H10 in the +6 position, and really liking the pairing. 😊

Feb 8, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #1,004 of 1,323
Plan to send a pair of T50RP MK3s directly to modhouse from Amazon for conversion but can’t find and detailed address info to be able to do that... Is this info readily available somewhere or should I just await a potential reply to my email to the crew at modhouse..?

Feb 12, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #1,005 of 1,323
Plan to send a pair of T50RP MK3s directly to modhouse from Amazon for conversion but can’t find and detailed address info to be able to do that... Is this info readily available somewhere or should I just await a potential reply to my email to the crew at modhouse..?
You might need to email him to remind him that you didn't get the address. That is what I had to do when I ordered my Argon 2 years ago.

Totally worth it. They are my favorite cans so far. We'll see how that holds up once I order my conversion for the T60RP that I just got!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back