Modhouse Audio Argon - T50RP MK2/3 & T60RP
Oct 29, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #961 of 1,324
I purchased a set back in early June. After repeated emails on status ( and no response ) and 20 weeks passing by, I cancelled my order. They were quick to respond to my cancel email but not provide status updates.

Seems odd to have a company complain about parts availability as a reason for the slow service but also be unable to respond to emails.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #962 of 1,324
I purchased a set back in early June. After repeated emails on status ( and no response ) and 20 weeks passing by, I cancelled my order. They were quick to respond to my cancel email but not provide status updates.

Seems odd to have a company complain about parts availability as a reason for the slow service but also be unable to respond to emails.
It is a company but it's really just one guy and his wife AFAIK. Not making excuses for them, I had a similar experience with another one man operation and wasn't happy about it either. I do agree they ought to respond in a timely manner as long as they're alive and healthy.

Oct 29, 2020 at 11:38 PM Post #963 of 1,324

That sucks man, keep an eye out on used market they pop up almost every week or so.

Oct 30, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #965 of 1,324
So, good news, about 5 months ago I picked up a set of used Argon Mk2's. So I'm good I think. I was curious how different they were from one another.

I have MK2's with MK3 baffles which was kind of a first, I am pretty happy with it as the MK3 baffle allows for some changes with the sound but I just like the look better.
I know a guy who reviews stuff and he much prefers the MK2 as does the owner of modhouse but I am like yourself and would like to hear a MK3. I did have the T60 version and I ended up selling it, maybe I was just more climatized to the MK2 sound which has ZMF suedes at the minute. The suedes add some clarity at the exspense of some mid bass.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #966 of 1,324
I have MK2's with MK3 baffles which was kind of a first, I am pretty happy with it as the MK3 baffle allows for some changes with the sound but I just like the look better.
I know a guy who reviews stuff and he much prefers the MK2 as does the owner of modhouse but I am like yourself and would like to hear a MK3. I did have the T60 version and I ended up selling it, maybe I was just more climatized to the MK2 sound which has ZMF suedes at the minute. The suedes add some clarity at the exspense of some mid bass.
I owned both Argons, and i prefer MK2 over MK3. Both sound very familiar, MK2 have better vocals (soulful and organic) and sound stage but a bit less base than MK3.

Oct 30, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #967 of 1,324
I owned both Argons, and i prefer MK2 over MK3. Both sound very familiar, MK2 have better vocals (soulful and organic) and sound stage but a bit less base than MK3.

Sounds about right I also did two thunderpants MK2/MK3 the MK2 had better clarity and was harder to tune but once tuned was in some ways better. The MK3 was warmer with more mid bass and an overall more relaxed easy going sound. I actually considered making my MK3 thunderpants modular so I could swap in MK2 drivers. The guy I sold the MK2 to liked it.

The T50 drivers are very capable all we need to do now is poke and prod at modhouse to make his own 3d printed cup! I would for sure buy that!

Oct 30, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #968 of 1,324
Sounds about right I also did two thunderpants MK2/MK3 the MK2 had better clarity and was harder to tune but once tuned was in some ways better. The MK3 was warmer with more mid bass and an overall more relaxed easy going sound. I actually considered making my MK3 thunderpants modular so I could swap in MK2 drivers. The guy I sold the MK2 to liked it.

The T50 drivers are very capable all we need to do now is poke and prod at modhouse to make his own 3d printed cup! I would for sure buy that!
I love the T50 drivers, they are so versatile, if you them difference cups they sound differently. Remind of what Bruce Lee said " be like water my friend, if you put water in a teapot then the water become teapot shape and if you put water in the cup then the water become the cup shape". I have 2 pairs of Vibrolabs Headphones, and had tried one with MK3 drivers but not very satisfy. They sound so wonderful with MK2 drivers.

Oct 30, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #969 of 1,324
I love the T50 drivers, they are so versatile, if you them difference cups they sound differently. Remind of what Bruce Lee said " be like water my friend, if you put water in a teapot then the water become teapot shape and if you put water in the cup then the water become the cup shape". I have 2 pairs of Vibrolabs Headphones, and had tried one with MK3 drivers but not very satisfy. They sound so wonderful with MK2 drivers.

You know what would be really nice if fostex brought out a mk4 in same chassiS but using a bigger driver and make it balanced like the T60.

Nov 2, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #972 of 1,324
Does anyone here have or had both the Mk3 Argons and the T60RP Argons? I'm asking, because there are not much reviews out there and some people said T60RP Argons have too much treble or they sound too thin, or bass is bloated and so on... which makes me a but anxious. I would really appreciate a good comparison, since I ordered them and that's my first big investment. Sorry if I've missed it in this topic or somewhere on the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back