Modhouse Audio Argon - T50RP MK2/3 & T60RP
Nov 4, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #976 of 1,326
excellent...hopefully you enjoy them.

If order number is any indication on how busy he is, my order on June 16th is 4637...168 orders in lest than a months time. Surely not are all for headphones but even if half are then he must be getting sick of modding these things :dt880smile:

Nov 4, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #977 of 1,326
Ordered the Mod Argon's back in April and received them about 2 weeks ago....so roughly a 6 month turn around. Same situation as others...no response to any emails until after they had been shipped. Wasn't pleased about that but I do like the sound from these. I have them paired with the Topping DX7 Pro for the DAC and a Geshelli Erish.

Nov 12, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #979 of 1,326
I have a somewhat rare set of Argons that I am thinking about selling....I love them, but I live on my boat now and vintage Fostex just don't go well with old sail boats, for a bunch of practical reasons...
As far as I know there is only one other set like mine. It has a custom leather comfort strap, fostex angled pu leather pads and brand new Brainwavz sheepskin pads,
what do you suppose it's worth? 47391815_10215248154011351_4107064826147110912_o.jpg

Nov 27, 2020 at 8:42 PM Post #985 of 1,326
Does anyone have experience with both the alcantara and deerskin straps? Which is preferrable?

Also, the ZMF lambskin pads make my ears verry hot. Is there a perforated/hybrid pad that will retain the original sound quality?

Nov 28, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #986 of 1,326
Does anyone have experience with both the alcantara and deerskin straps? Which is preferrable?

Also, the ZMF lambskin pads make my ears verry hot. Is there a perforated/hybrid pad that will retain the original sound quality?
For the Argon mkiii the lamb skin is NOT the recommended pad. After spending a lot of time going back and forth I found the recommended ZMF pleather pads to not only sound better but they are much softer and more comfortable. No perforated pad or hybrid pad will retain the amazing bass of this headphone. I love the texture of the deerskin strap.

Nov 28, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #987 of 1,326
I've decided to buy the alcantara strap, because I didn't want to hurt a single cute deer. Also I know deerskin is one of the most luxurious leathers and needs to be maintained frequently with some kind of special treatment if I'm not wrong. That is if you want to preserve the leather in a good condition throughout the years of course.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #988 of 1,326
For the Argon mkiii the lamb skin is NOT the recommended pad. After spending a lot of time going back and forth I found the recommended ZMF pleather pads to not only sound better but they are much softer and more comfortable. No perforated pad or hybrid pad will retain the amazing bass of this headphone. I love the texture of the deerskin strap.

Are the protein pads cooler? I'd assume they both have the same heat problems. I wish there was a hybrid non perforated ZMF oval pad, but it seems that's only available for the other ZMF pad variations.

Anyone try the suede ZMF pads on the Mk3 Argons?

Dec 2, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #989 of 1,326
I’ve been rocking my Argon MK2 (blacked-out T-X0 edition with ZMF Lambskin Oval pads) for almost 2 years now. I got a good deal on a used MK3 a while back, so I’m sending those out for Argon treatment. I’m really looking forward to comparing the MK2 and MK3 Argons.

I made a huge purchase recently on a ZMF Verite Closed (which I’m desperately anxious for), so my wallet is all kinds of empty. To save money, I’m on the lookout for a set of “gently used” ZMF Oval Protein pads for my MK3 Argons. If anyone has a set they’d consider parting with, please let me know.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #990 of 1,326
I have a somewhat rare set of Argons that I am thinking about selling....I love them, but I live on my boat now and vintage Fostex just don't go well with old sail boats, for a bunch of practical reasons...
As far as I know there is only one other set like mine. It has a custom leather comfort strap, fostex angled pu leather pads and brand new Brainwavz sheepskin pads,
what do you suppose it's worth? 47391815_10215248154011351_4107064826147110912_o.jpg
Those are really cool. I think the only issue for a prospective buyer is whether or not they sound like a normal Argon. Since it is so unique, you may be one of the only people to have ever heard this version. Did you ever get a chance to compare it to one of the more common Argon variants?

I can’t really help you much on asking price though. If they sound like normal Argons, I’d say you could get at least $50 more than the normal going rate of the standard MK2 and MK3 versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back