Modhouse Audio Argon - T50RP MK2/3 & T60RP
Jan 19, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #1,246 of 1,326
I've tried the Cowhide, Suede and Protein. Suede is the most neutral sounding. Cowhide definitely the warmest with the most midbass and least treble. The Protein is in between although I don't notice that much difference in treble between the Protein and Suede. Just a difference in bass.

Haven't measured though so that would be interesting if someone has or can

Jan 19, 2023 at 6:06 AM Post #1,247 of 1,326
I've tried the Cowhide, Suede and Protein. Suede is the most neutral sounding. Cowhide definitely the warmest with the most midbass and least treble. The Protein is in between although I don't notice that much difference in treble between the Protein and Suede. Just a difference in bass.

Haven't measured though so that would be interesting if someone has or can
Great thanks for the info. Ill probably try the oval suede.

Jan 19, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #1,248 of 1,326
(I have another Modhouse Argon T60RP for sale in the classifieds, tested once for about an hour. Ordered a few weeks ago, with 3 pads, deerskin strap, bal cable. ~$475.)

Jan 20, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #1,249 of 1,326
My pad rolling experience for the T60 Argon’s is as follows:

ZMF oval suedes - enjoyable but bass a bit boomy and treble could be harsh.
Xenon Suedes - good bass but treble unlistenable harsh at times. I will never use these again.
Xenon Vegan Leather - excellent bass, no harshness in treble, wonderful overall sound.

So for me there is a clear winner here.

Jan 22, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #1,250 of 1,326
For those that want a little tube taste, i am using the XDUOO TA-20 no issues driving the Argons. Also I used a Geshelli Archer 2.5 xl amp. I think sometimes people go with extreme with the amount of power, for me these two amps are affordable and sound good. just my two cents

Feb 4, 2023 at 10:40 PM Post #1,251 of 1,326
Hey all. I am wondering if anyone here had an extra pair of the Xenon Vegan Pads they were looking to part with. Please drop me DM if so. Thanks!

Feb 28, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #1,253 of 1,326
May 6, 2023 at 4:04 AM Post #1,256 of 1,326
Hello Argon owners, is it worth adding the Argon Mk3 to my collection? I keep seeing peope rave about it, especially for being a fun headphone.

I have quite a few headphones. My fun sounding headphones are the Hifiman Edition X V2, Campfire Cascade, Th900, Audeze LCD2.

So I am not sure if I would like it in comparison to my other HP. Can someone help me here?

May 6, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #1,258 of 1,326
Hello Argon owners, is it worth adding the Argon Mk3 to my collection? I keep seeing peope rave about it, especially for being a fun headphone.

I have quite a few headphones. My fun sounding headphones are the Hifiman Edition X V2, Campfire Cascade, Th900, Audeze LCD2.

So I am not sure if I would like it in comparison to my other HP. Can someone help me here?
I've never heard any of your headphones, so I can't compare, but argons are the most fun headphones I have. And I also have DC Eon Noire, AKG K361, Monolith M1060C, Sundara, AKG K701, CCA C12, Mangird Tea, Blon Bl03 and Tinhifi T2. For me they sound nicely with detailed neutral dac, like SMSL M500. But they're not bad with Geshelli j2, but then you loose some details. Nevertheless, they're my favourite and I'm looking for their T60rp brother.

Last edited:
May 6, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #1,260 of 1,326
I've never heard any of your headphones, so I can't compare, but argons are the most fun headphones I have. And I also have DC Eon Noire, AKG K361, Monolith M1060C, Sundara, AKG K701, CCA C12, Mangird Tea, Blon Bl03 and Tinhifi T2. For me they sound nicely with detailed neutral dac, like SMSL M500. But they're not bad with Geshelli j2, but then you loose some details. Nevertheless, they're my favourite and I'm looking for their T60rp bro

Can't speak regarding the Argon versions of these headphones but I have a stock pair of Fostex T60RP's as well as T50RP MK3's and they're very nice headphones tor the money. Rather than modifying them, I use a graphic equalizer with my headphones which is very helpful in tailoring the sound to my preferences.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back