Moderator inquiry -$$$ Singlepower-Who here has money or amps being held by Mikhail?
Oct 8, 2008 at 8:38 AM Post #31 of 53
I received an amp last week, an ES-1.

Another amp, a Supra-XLR, is at Single Power on hold by my request and awaiting a replacement facepanel.

I consider my transactions with SP fulfilled and for now, up-to-date.

Oct 28, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #32 of 53
On 12 Feb. 08, Mikhail received my MPX3/slam/se/V cap Amp. ($2800) It was for a minor repair. On 19 Feb. 08, I said OK for a ($1600) outboard power supply for the above mentioned Amp. I did say that if the wait was too long I did'nt want it done. Mikhail said no problem, it would be a quick turn around. That is almost 9 months ago.
All this time he has my $4400,00 and equipment and I have nothing. If I dont hear from Mikhail soon ( he does not respond) I will relate this whole fiasco on the "Where is Mikhail thread"

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #34 of 53
...you know what they say, Coldfogey...."Welcome to Singlepower, and sorry about your wallet"...

Oct 29, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #35 of 53
What is the advantage of the outboard supply and what is the V Cap amp ?
Your MPX3 SE at that price was not maxed ?

I buyed my SP amp's used ... but I don't have exactly what I want but I guess for the price I payed (half of the price), it's a good deal and permit to have them fast.

I am waiting my "Dragon" ... hope will be a good upgrade from my MPX3-Slam.

Oct 29, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #36 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received an amp last week, an ES-1.

Another amp, a Supra-XLR, is at Single Power on hold by my request and awaiting a replacement facepanel.

I consider my transactions with SP fulfilled and for now, up-to-date.

Elephas, Do you by any chance know how to get in touch with mikhail?

I've been calling him on both his phones #s on his website for weeks and no response at all....nor emails.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Nov 12, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #38 of 53
UPDATED: Recieved the amp today. They are really well done.

Nov 12, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #39 of 53
Maybe farm tools and torches at his front door at midnight during a full moon from an angry mob?

Nov 12, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #40 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by yuchengxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Currently, he has my full payment for SDS-XLR version.

that sounds like a good amount of money. hopefully you will get it soon. should be a great amp.

Nov 13, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #41 of 53
Ouch...a year is a hard pill to swallow.

I know one thing, that amp is going to be amazing once you get it.

I bugged him for a month on my MPX3. 10 days stretched to a month, but I'm ecstatic now that I am listening to it!

Dec 10, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #42 of 53
I sent in a PPX3 to upgrade to a SLAM. He did not upgrade the first tube but instead promised a tube adapter. To date I have not seen this adapter even after continually reminding him. So the SLAM is not really a SLAM.

Dec 10, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #43 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus1100xx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent in a PPX3 to upgrade to a SLAM. He did not upgrade the first tube but instead promised a tube adapter. To date I have not seen this adapter even after continually reminding him. So the SLAM is not really a SLAM.

SLAM refers to a SP amps having 5687 output tubes. The first tube has nothing to do with the amp being a SLAM. If you had a standard PPX3 the amp would have 6CG7 input tube. A 6CG7 > 5687 x 2 is the normal PPX3 SLAM tube compliment. Moreover, since the 6CG7 is a 9 pin tube I dont know what adapter you would be getting as all the adapters use octal base sockets.

Apr 7, 2009 at 12:36 PM Post #44 of 53
I ordered a replacement Qualia headband from SinglePower in Sept 2007.

It arrived before Christmas 2007 and promptly broke.

I received some replacement parts for it in March 2008 (from memory) which didn't fit - so I sent the whole thing back to SinglePower in May 2008 (from memory).

I've been waiting for it to be repaired (the tension rods were to be replaced with aluminium rather than the brittle plastic that was originally used) ever since.

Does anyone know how to reliably get hold of SinglePower?

Cost of the headband was $1500 USD.

Thanks,
--Jatinder

Users who are viewing this thread

Back