Moderator inquiry -$$$ Singlepower-Who here has money or amps being held by Mikhail?
Jul 14, 2008 at 2:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

immtbiker

The first to organize an (Inter)National Head-Fi Meet (2006)
Based upon previous threads, let's get an idea of how much member money Mikhail is holding onto to, to see if serious action needs to be taken.
Before anyone gets defensive or protective, please read the thread below, then add your deficit to the list:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/whe...ikhail-333677/

1 - Please list how much money you have sent to Mikhail which has long past it's promised date...

2 - How far past the promised date it's been...

3 - What amp/amps you have sent in for an upgrade which has long past it's promised date (this also counts as thousands of dollars that are outstanding)...

Jul 14, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #2 of 53
1. US$6600

2. Promised date was Feb. 2008

3. Two amps (Supra-XLR and ES-1) worth approx. US$4000 each sent in for upgrades on Aug. and Sept. 2007. They were supposedly completed on Feb. 2008

Jul 14, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #3 of 53
This thread is intended as a place where folks who have equipment and/or cash waiting on open transactions to list their total damage to date. It's not intended to be a place to discuss any issues relating to this whole mess. Such discussion can take place in the original thread.

I've just deleted a post by someone who apparently disagrees with what Aaron is doing here. Such expressions of disagreement may be handled via PM, but will not be addressed in this thread - they are the very definition of thread craps.

Jul 14, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #4 of 53
I have calculated Mikhail's holdings to be many thousands of dollars plus thousands more in amps being held for repair.

As a moderator, I find that this serious issue needs to have actual dollar amounts and not speculative information in order for action to be taken. Hence the thread.

I have done the same for Xin's disappearance with thousands of dollars in Reference money fronted in advance and amps sent in for upgrades and repair.

Jul 14, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #5 of 53
UPDATE (7-19)

SP called last night. My amp is done. It will be sent early next week so that it will arrive next Saturday when I can be home. I can't wait to hear it.

Bill

Jul 15, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #6 of 53
MPX for repair. Been at SP for about a month.
Been 'will check the amp next week' for two weeks or so.
And no money paid...

Not sure if I qualify for this thread. If not, please delete.

Jul 16, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #8 of 53
1. Amount of money sent to SP for upgrade is $350. CC charged on 4/17/08.

2. No initial delivery date given but I was given the impression that this would be a quick and easy swap. Been told item is on test bench and should ship "by the end of the week" on multiple occasions over the past 90 days. I'd say we're looking at a month, conservatively speaking, overdue.

3. MPX3 SLAM Amplifier is in SP's possession. Approximate value of the amp prior to upgrade mentioned in #1 is $1500.

Total investment in SP's possession = ~$1,850

Jul 18, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #9 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
About $11,000 for an ES-1 that was ordered 10-plus months ago. Ordered in early Sept 2007, full payment was made in late Nov/early Dec when an ES-1 was sent that lacked some upgrades. It stopped working completely a couple of weeks later. So, SP has been holding $11,000, the full payment, for 7.5 months. No new amp yet.......

Bill

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreAdidas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. Amount of money sent to SP for upgrade is $350. CC charged on 4/17/08.

2. No initial delivery date given but I was given the impression that this would be a quick and easy swap. Been told item is on test bench and should ship "by the end of the week" on multiple occasions over the past 90 days. I'd say we're looking at a month, conservatively speaking, overdue.

3. MPX3 SLAM Amplifier is in SP's possession. Approximate value of the amp prior to upgrade mentioned in #1 is $1500.

Total investment in SP's possession = ~$1,850

Quote:

Originally Posted by tagosaku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MPX for repair. Been at SP for about a month.
Been 'will check the amp next week' for two weeks or so.
And no money paid...

Not sure if I qualify for this thread. If not, please delete.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. US$6600

2. Promised date was Feb. 2008

3. Two amps (Supra-XLR and ES-1) worth approx. US$4000 each sent in for upgrades on Aug. and Sept. 2007. They were supposedly completed on Feb. 2008

__________________________________________________ __________
Please note:

I have received a number of e-mails, PM's and phone calls from members who have a lot of money outstanding, or are complaining about not getting what they paid for, or being promised certain delivery dates or upgrades which didn't pan out.
These members have asked for anonymity for fear of retaliation or having to wait even longer for their amps that have already been paid for (partially or in full).
__________________________________________________ __________

Jul 19, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #11 of 53
I seem to recall a similar situation in the Subaru car forums, where a company called JC Sports developed an aftermarket bolt on turbocharger kit.

They were local in Denver, and I met the guys there, and they were very likable. As former owner of SubaruPlanet.com I even helped them by writing the illustrated installation manual when they installed it on my 2000 Impreza, and that gave them the means to mass produce the kits and sell them for $1500-2000 and still make a profit. However, they simply could not meet delivery dates, or manage their finances in such a way as to conduct normal business. Eventually they went out of business, and many people lost their money.

[snip]

Is there anyone close enough to Mikhail to know whether utter failure will be the inevitable outcome in this situation too?

[edited to appease the rabid SP fanbois who mistook my post to say that SP was being dishonest, which is NOT what I wrote or meant to imply - but I worry that the apologists for SP might lead other people to order and never receive products because SP can't manage the business or the volume of orders properly. Nikongod took the time to reply to that question, and I thank him. Anyone else?]

Jul 19, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #12 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there anyone close enough to Mikhail to know whether utter failure will be the inevitable outcome in this situation too?

i certainly hope it is not, because the very large majority of people who get gear built by him are very happy with the SQ, just not the wait time.

There are plenty of other threads for speculation as to the state of singlepower audio's business. keep this one just for the waiting gear.

Jul 24, 2008 at 12:43 PM Post #13 of 53
So there is only me and Elephas waiting now?

Curious to know how many are waiting that think posting here will have negative impact to their wait. Guess I am naive and don't think that is what he will do :p

Aug 6, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #14 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by tagosaku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So there is only me and Elephas waiting now?

Curious to know how many are waiting that think posting here will have negative impact to their wait. Guess I am naive and don't think that is what he will do :p

I'm still waiting. I don't think my posting here will have any impact on that.

Aug 6, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #15 of 53
I am still waiting for a Singlepower Extreme. Michael said it should take two weeks, and now it has passed two months. My last email has not been answered. If I had known this, I would never have ordered one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back