Moderator inquiry -$$$ Singlepower-Who here has money or amps being held by Mikhail?
Aug 6, 2008 at 1:48 PM Post #16 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by arirug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am still waiting for a Singlepower Extreme. Michael said it should take two weeks, and now it has passed two months. My last email has not been answered. If I had known this, I would never have ordered one.

Ouch, sorry to hear that.
At least I expected something like this, but not this bad.

Aug 25, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #22 of 53
Today I received two boxes from Singlepower Audio. One Singlepower Extreme, one supplementary power supply, and some tubes and an adapter. I know I got some of the tubes and the adapter for free, because the whole process was quite delayed. I even got a faster shipping. But what I don`t know, the supplementary power supply, is that standard or is it extra equipment?

I must say that the waitingtime has been hard. Two weeks buildingtime, got into 10 weeks. But now when I have received it, I am happy that I ordered it anyway! I haven`t listened to it yet, but I will do later today.

Aug 26, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #23 of 53
Quote:

Today I received two boxes from Singlepower Audio. One Singlepower Extreme, one supplementary power supply, and some tubes and an adapter. I know I got some of the tubes and the adapter for free, because the whole process was quite delayed. I even got a faster shipping. But what I don`t know, the supplementary power supply, is that standard or is it extra equipment?

I must say that the waitingtime has been hard. Two weeks buildingtime, got into 10 weeks. But now when I have received it, I am happy that I ordered it anyway! I haven`t listened to it yet, but I will do later today.

Glad you received your amp, I hope you get many hours of pleasure listening to it. Best of luck.

Aug 26, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #24 of 53
Thank you mrarroyo! I have now listened to it for several hours during the night, and I must say it is absolute great with my markl-modded D2000 Deluxe edition! Haven`t tried it with my other headphones yet: Sennheiser 595, 600, 650, AKG K340, BD831 and AKG 271S.

Aug 26, 2008 at 12:26 PM Post #25 of 53
Quote:

Thank you mrarroyo! I have now listened to it for several hours during the night, and I must say it is absolute great with my markl-modded D2000 Deluxe edition! Haven`t tried it with my other headphones yet: Sennheiser 595, 600, 650, AKG K340, BD831 and AKG 271S.

The one thing I have noticed over the past 18 months or so with my Extreme is how well the Extreme works with just about any headphone. Senns and Grados are just excellent. But, in particular, the the AKG 701 that I am ambivalent about sounded so much more complete. The Beyer DT880, is another headphone I dont usually care for that sounded very good on the Extreme. I am glad you like your Extreme so well.
beerchug.gif

Aug 26, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #26 of 53
Thanks, I like it very much! I have now tried the Sennheiser HD600 too, and this works also very good! My AKG K701 I have just sold. Can I change the headphones while the amplifier is on? i bought two Raytheon 5670 JAN, and two Chatham JAN 6080WA on ebay today.

Aug 26, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #27 of 53
Quote:

Thanks, I like it very much! I have now tried the Sennheiser HD600 too, and this works also very good! My AKG K701 I have just sold. Can I change the headphones while the amplifier is on? i bought two Raytheon 5670 JAN, and two Chatham JAN 6080WA on ebay today.

Yes you can. But, I would not leave the headphone jack without a load = headphone connected for any extended period of time as this is hard on the tubes.

I have a bunch of 5670s but I dont remember trying a Raytheon. The Chatham 6080s are actually Tung Sols. Chatham was a division of TS. The Chatham 6080 is my favorite 6080 with the possible exception of the ultra expensive Bendix 6080s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back