Moderator inquiry -$$$ Singlepower-Who here has money or amps being held by Mikhail?
Apr 9, 2009 at 11:18 AM Post #46 of 53
I have a heavily upgraded MPX3 which prices $2500 kept by mikhail for more than two months.

Last mail he told me that there is a winter storm in his place and some electrical outage. He said he would ship it to me tomorrow.

Hope he won't break his promise again.

Apr 9, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #47 of 53
Mikhail has my upgraded Supra and $1000 for further upgrades.

Apr 9, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #48 of 53
One thing I don't get about the sagas on both this thread and the other thread(s) re Singlepower. Owners send their amps to him for upgrades/repairs (and the upgrade charges seem outrageous) and the customers prepay for the work. He HAS their amp and does not have to release it until he's been paid for the work. The amps cost enough that no customer will walk away and leave him hanging............why do customers accept HIS requirement for them to prepay?

Apr 9, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #49 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing I don't get about the sagas on both this thread and the other thread(s) re Singlepower. Owners send their amps to him for upgrades/repairs (and the upgrade charges seem outrageous) and the customers prepay for the work. He HAS their amp and does not have to release it until he's been paid for the work. The amps cost enough that no customer will walk away and leave him hanging............why do customers accept HIS requirement for them to prepay?

I don't think anyone in good conscience would prepay now. Actually, I can't imagine anyone would deal with him at all. However, in my case, back when I sent him money, although slow, Mikhail always delivered. There was no history of him not delivering. This problem has developed over time and didn't become really prominent until June of 2008 when the Where is Singlepower? thread started. I suspect many of the people still waiting sent their amps and payment prior to this.

Apr 12, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #50 of 53
I just found this thread after having difficulties getting onto Mikhail. I have two young children now and don't find the time to visit this forum much anymore. I got very enthusiastic about Singlepower after reading many good things from this website & being from Australia it is difficult to listen to many good headphone amps.

I started making regular deposits with Mikhail about 15mths ago for an amp yet to be determined. I just asked Mikhail if i could make regular deposits and once i had enough money banked up i could decide on a model & specification for an amp.

I have deposited a total of $US2400.00 (via paypal) over a 15mth period. It was only recently that i wanted to finalise an order with Mikhail for a Supra XLR Extreme. Which is quite a few dollars more. When i started asking for specs etc and that i had decided to purchase a Supra XLR Extreme correspondence with Mikhail was very good. It was only when i came on here to read up again about how good his amps are to regain that enthusiasm i started reading about these posts. (Due to having two kids under the age of 2 doesn't leave alot of time on the internet nowadays.). So it came as quite a surprise when i came back on here to read all this about Singlepower.

Thinking that it is probably not a good thing to continue sending him money i decided i would opt for a lesser expensive model. One that i knew would cost about the same amount as i have deposited - $US2400.00. So i asked him if i could have him build me a supped up MPX3 Extreme. I received a few more emails from him telling me that my decision was a bad one and that i would regret not going for my original plan of a Supra XLR Extreme. When i said that i had made up my mind i have not heard anything back from him.

I send him an email everyday to the three different email addresses he has used to correspond to me. I also leave a message on his answering service once a week. But to no avail. I think i have lost my $US2400.00. I am going to file a report to the Australian police believing this guy is a fraud. I don't suspect much will come of it but if enough complaints are lodged then the police will need to act or at the very least check this person out.

I think we should all write emails to the editor of 6moons.com (srajan @ 6moons.com) asking him to revoke the fantastic review they did of the Singlepower amp which is likely to still be sending unsuspecting purchasers to the singlepower website.

The only question i have is whether or not anyone here lives near the Singlepower factory? I thought i read on here sometime ago (when i was reviewing these amps) some saying they were very close to Mikhail? Also please tell me that Mikhail won't be attending this years CanJam (International HeadFi) meet?

I have all the correspondence and evidence of all my paypal payments should anyone wish to verify this particular story. Just PM me for my email address.

Thank You

Jeff
Brisbane, Australia

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Based upon previous threads, let's get an idea of how much member money Mikhail is holding onto to, to see if serious action needs to be taken.
Before anyone gets defensive or protective, please read the thread below, then add your deficit to the list:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/whe...ikhail-333677/

1 - Please list how much money you have sent to Mikhail which has long past it's promised date...

2 - How far past the promised date it's been...

3 - What amp/amps you have sent in for an upgrade which has long past it's promised date (this also counts as thousands of dollars that are outstanding)...

Sep 18, 2009 at 12:33 PM Post #53 of 53
$2200 in the form of an MPX3 in for repair.
There was some communcation involving things like "getting around to it," "let's talk about shipping it back," etc.
Then nothing.

I am sad.

-A-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back