Modding the Sennheiser pc350 headset
Mar 6, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #481 of 508
Sorry if this has been covered in the thirty odd pages before this but ....

I use my old PC350 as a work headset - shift my phone through the computer so I have only one unit on my desk. They work great for this as I get the isolation I crave on a office floor. Over the past 12 months the plastic over the foam on the ears and the headband have perished. Can I replace the foam? Below is a shot of the condition.

Cheers,
Wormwood

As with all Sennheiser headphones/headsets, you'll be able to order replacement parts for your products. The pleather pads for the PC 350 shouldn't be too costly, I'm thinking twenty bucks or so. Do you know if any of your local audio stores sell Sennheiser products? You can ask them to order the parts for you. You could always order some nice velour pads too, the HD 595 pads fit and work wonders on the PC 350. You clearly like the headset and use them a lot, so having two sets of fresh pads to try out would be great, that's what I did for mine :)

Mar 6, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #482 of 508
Thanks Jaawa, I will give that a shot. So I should be able to get the headband pad replaced too, the only reason I ask again is that I have never seen it out on the web or even a how to replace.

I like them for the simple fact they do their job - I am not gaming in them anymore, replaced by the Q701 (not gaming much anymore fullstop) but they do give me that edge in the office. Of course I recieve a good bit of ribbing for having a closed set of cans on my head with a large boom - the whole Flight controler jokes etc.

Cheers once again,
Wormwood

Mar 9, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #483 of 508
  Thanks Jaawa, I will give that a shot. So I should be able to get the headband pad replaced too, the only reason I ask again is that I have never seen it out on the web or even a how to replace.

I like them for the simple fact they do their job - I am not gaming in them anymore, replaced by the Q701 (not gaming much anymore fullstop) but they do give me that edge in the office. Of course I recieve a good bit of ribbing for having a closed set of cans on my head with a large boom - the whole Flight controler jokes etc.

Cheers once again,
Wormwood

I just found out from a few sources that Sennheiser doesn't sell replacement parts for their gaming range of products. So while their Part Finder doesn't list pads or headband padding for the PC 350, you could ask them or a retailer about which model's headband padding fits the PC 350. Here is the Part Finder: http://en-us.sennheiser.com/service-support-part-finder

At least the velour pads of the HD 595 fit the PC 350 (Part Finder: Earpads Part# 094738 1 Pair HD 555/595 $17.87), but I'm not sure about which pleather pads to get if you want those. People have been using the PXC 350 pads, those are some kind of higher quality pleather IIRC (Part Finder: Ear pads Part# 523310 Standard ear pads (1 pair) $23.35).

I hope that helps :)

PS. my headband also gave out a while ago, but it's only the pleather covering, I ripped it all off, carefully to not rip the foam off, and just the foam pad works nicely and also looks pretty good, so in the meantime I might suggest doing that. I at least don't feel the need to get the headband padding replaced, this works nicely for me.

Mar 9, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #484 of 508
  I just found out from a few sources that Sennheiser doesn't sell replacement parts for their gaming range of products. So while their Part Finder doesn't list pads or headband padding for the PC 350, you could ask them or a retailer about which model's headband padding fits the PC 350. Here is the Part Finder: http://en-us.sennheiser.com/service-support-part-finder

At least the velour pads of the HD 595 fit the PC 350 (Part Finder: Earpads Part# 094738 1 Pair HD 555/595 $17.87), but I'm not sure about which pleather pads to get if you want those. People have been using the PXC 350 pads, those are some kind of higher quality pleather IIRC (Part Finder: Ear pads Part# 523310 Standard ear pads (1 pair) $23.35).

I hope that helps :)

PS. my headband also gave out a while ago, but it's only the pleather covering, I ripped it all off, carefully to not rip the foam off, and just the foam pad works nicely and also looks pretty good, so in the meantime I might suggest doing that. I at least don't feel the need to get the headband padding replaced, this works nicely for me.

Sennheiser do sell some exact replacement parts for the PC350SE. 

http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/pc-350-special-edition-gaming-headset

If you scroll to the bottom, you can select 'earpads' under accessories. 

'
Ear cushion (pair) for PC 350 & PC 350SE

HZP 15

We know you love your headset and want to use it for years to come.

Therefore we provide original quality ear pads for 350 and PC 350 SE'

Mar 10, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #485 of 508

Sennheiser do sell some exact replacement parts for the PC350SE. 

http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/pc-350-special-edition-gaming-headset

If you scroll to the bottom, you can select 'earpads' under accessories. 

'
Ear cushion (pair) for PC 350 & PC 350SE

HZP 15

We know you love your headset and want to use it for years to come.

Therefore we provide original quality ear pads for 350 and PC 350 SE'

This is awesome to know, thank you!

Mar 21, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #486 of 508
I had to replace mine too, but I went for the leader PCX450 pads. Expensive and slightly  hot on the ears after 12 hours. But the isolation improved and I got a tighter sound.  Also peeled of the plastic on the headband, and the fabric was undamaged.

Apr 9, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #487 of 508
Wow. Ive had my Xense 350s (plus the xense soundcard) for a while now, and always thought something was missing, and that was the thumping bass you normally get in FPS games plus music and movies, i had heard of the hero mod before but never really looked into it, till today ( i know late to the party lol ) Just opened them up and found the case had 2 holes already from factory, still i added 1 2mm hole (heated blunt end of drill bit) to each cup, closed them back up and holy **** they are alot louder as a result, and the bass is now there, its not too overpowering although the mids and highs are ear piercing at the moment, hope my ears adjust or ill add cotton wool to them - also along time ago i replaced the ear pads with the HD 595 velor ones as the fake leather ones always leave my head sweaty and horrible yuk, so im probably losing bass with that too. Took about 10mins if that, impressed :)

Dec 15, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #490 of 508
This set really tortures me. Every time I get a new amp I try my 3 month of use PC350's and listen to 2 or 3 songs and listen to the left side fade away from full volume to nothing in 5 secs. Grrr oh well onto my new Astro A40's!

Dec 16, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #491 of 508
So I was wondering... my PC350 still sounds amazingly but the issue lies with the mic. The input plug, I have to string it up or keep messing with it to get the mic to work. I wanted to strip the mic's wiring and rework it but looking at how the two cords becomes 1 makes it seem like it will not be easy. Any suggestions?

May 18, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #493 of 508
Did this mod to the Game Zero as it uses the isolated design. Started with four 1/8th inch holes, probably should've kept it to 3 as with the 350. They still need to burn in though, took my 350's some time before they were at full potential. Just wanted to let you guys know it's possible, and the same procedure. Probably possible on all closed cup designs they use.

Jul 7, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #494 of 508
Hi, I have a PC 350 and it's been working great for a few years now but the mic has started to give out. I think it might be down to the volume control section, as if i push the volume control slider up to the max and hold it there with some pressure the mic sound comes through, but anything else and it cuts off / get a repeating feedback until i mute the mic with the button.

Any ideas on how to go about fixing that?

Jul 7, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #495 of 508
  Hi, I have a PC 350 and it's been working great for a few years now but the mic has started to give out. I think it might be down to the volume control section, as if i push the volume control slider up to the max and hold it there with some pressure the mic sound comes through, but anything else and it cuts off / get a repeating feedback until i mute the mic with the button.

Any ideas on how to go about fixing that?

The only thing I can think of is a) taking the volume control out completely and soldering the wires together, or b) try taking the control apart and cleaning inside

Users who are viewing this thread

Back