Mobile version
Nov 25, 2012 at 9:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 67

h8uthemost

100+ Head-Fier
I take it this site doesn't have one? I know it works on Tapatalk. But sometimes I gotta Jump on a browser and it would be nice to have a mobile version. They're usually cleaner and faster on phones...

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 67
There's a button now at the very bottom of every page to switch to it. It's one of the best mobile versions of any site I've used. 

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #8 of 67
The only thing i'm having problems with is that banner at the top (that says head-fi, your subscriptions, etc), it jumps around the page when I scroll up or down. Any way to make it fixed, so it stays at the top of the of the page?

I'm using Android by the way.

Nov 29, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #10 of 67
Quote:
There's a button now at the very bottom of every page to switch to it. It's one of the best mobile versions of any site I've used. 

Do you think it would be possible as a future option for you to either be able to turn off pictures in the mobile version or limit their size? I have a fairly low performance smartphone and opening one of Joker's reviews for example is a pretty tall order that tends to make it crash. Anyway, completely understand if it's not possible.

Regardless, love the new mobile site, it's really an impressive feat, I cannot imagine how hard you guys must have worked on that!

Nov 29, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #12 of 67
Just wanted to say.....THANK YOU HEAD-FI! The mobile version is great! I have been waiting for years :) this is Christmas present come early!

Nov 29, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #14 of 67
Hoping Jude or Amos gets to see this.

Firstly thanks for the mobile version. Great work.

Ran into a bug yesterday regarding submitting replies after using the "quote and reply" button. Had the problem from an ipad3.

A link to that problem is HERE.

If there is a better place to put this please let me know.

Nov 29, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #15 of 67
Just a little suggestion, to see how many other replies there are after your last post, instead of just a dark blue ball, and recent threads at the bottom of the page like the normal site. apart from that, great, but i will still be using the normal site on my android phone for a while.

And also the ability to load more posts, like the normal site.

Great work though head-fi, really good!

now we only need a dedicated head-fi app for android and i-devices

Users who are viewing this thread

Back