Mobile version
Jan 31, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #48 of 67
I think the mobile site is great. But, my phone cannot handle the first page of Joker's IEM review page, for example, because of all the pictures. Any chance you could allow for lower res pictures int he mobile version?

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #49 of 67
One suggestion I would have for the mobile version is to have a "sticky" page navigator in the Head-Fi bar that scrolls along the webpage as you browse through a thread, or at least have one at the top of the thread webpage. It is a hassle to scroll down to the last post of a thread, especially if there are long posts, to access the "next/previous/first/last" page navigator.

Also, I'm not sure if it's just with the iDevices (I'm using iOS 6.0.1), but I'm not a fan of the "basic editor" as opposed to a desktop's "rich text" editor. I can live with it, but it's really inconvenient to scroll through the HTML code while editing/posting a reply as I've made a few posting mistakes with it.

May 20, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #51 of 67
Another observation. All of the double posts I have had, or knew would happen, occurs on Head-Fi mobile for iOS. It happens when I press "post" and nothing happens. In reality, it gets posted, so when someone sees that it didn't get posted, the user presses "post" again and hence a double post is made.

Does anyone read these posts anyhow? I see that I've been the only one posting here recently...

May 20, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #52 of 67
Quote:
...Does anyone read these posts anyhow? I see that I've been the only one posting here recently...

miceblue, we're here for you. 
wink.gif

(And, yes, we do pay mind to what's reported here.)

Jun 15, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #55 of 67
When scrolling around in a thread, sometimes I randomly scroll all the way to the top (as if I pressed on the time in iOS, which does do that).
I finally got a screenshot of why this might happen:

Also, when scrolling from the sides (left or right) I often come across the sidebars for some reason as if I pressed the upper-left or right buttons:
i.e. these sidebars

Jul 16, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #56 of 67
I can't seem to upload photos on mobile Safari. It just shows the "uploading photo" screen and after about 2 minutes it returns to the reply message box with no image URL. Let's see if it'll work on this thread.

Nope and nope. I tried uploading a photo in my photo album and taking a new photo; both didn't work. URLs work on the other hand and this is my expression:

Jango_OP.jpg

I can't even upload a photo while on a Wi-Fi network.

Dec 12, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #57 of 67
It's been happening ever since iOS 7 rolled out, but when Head-Fi mobile loads on mobile Safari, sometimes the button used to get to the left navigation panel overlaps with a link or something and so when I press on the button, it loads the underlying link.

It's hard to describe without a video, but a photo might help.

If I click on the button with the "1" in the upper-left corner of the webpage, it clicks the link below it, which happens to be a user's avatar/name, so I'm directed to their profile page.

Mar 23, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #58 of 67
On mobile version when I look through forum topics and click on a thread it takes me to page 1. Is there a way to click on a thread and have it take me to the last page instead??? I know once you're in thread page 1 you can click the down arrow and jump to the navigation links and last page link at the bottom, but that takes 2 extra steps and extra load time for a page that I just want to skip.

May 5, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #59 of 67
When you upload an image on mobile Head-Fi using a URL, you are not given an option to resize the image.

Instead, it just does [im g]imageurlhere.com[/ img] and it consequently just posts the full-size image....not very useful since you can simply just use the BBCode instead without having to wait for the image uploader to load.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/647838/jds-labs-c5-c5d-pg96-portable-amp-amp-dac-appreciation-discussion-thread/2460#post_10519365

Users who are viewing this thread

Back