Mobile version
Nov 29, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #16 of 67
Quote:
Just a little suggestion, to see how many other replies there are after your last post, instead of just a dark blue ball, and recent threads at the bottom of the page like the normal site. apart from that, great, but i will still be using the normal site on my android phone for a while.

And also the ability to load more posts, like the normal site.

Great work though head-fi, really good!

now we only need a dedicated head-fi app for android and i-devices

You can load more, in preferences, up to 200

Nov 29, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #17 of 67
Quote:
You can load more, in preferences, up to 200

Thanks, will check it out.

but the number of posts after yours would be a great feature

Nov 29, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #18 of 67
Wow--thanks for installing the mobile version! This beats the stuffing out of Tapatalk HD, which is buggy as hell. I'm still getting used to it, but so far--I just love it.

Nov 29, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #19 of 67
Very nice! Now I can ditch Tapatalk which I couldn't even log on to half the time...

Nov 29, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #20 of 67
Quote:
Very nice! Now I can ditch Tapatalk which I couldn't even log on to half the time...

Actually, now that you mention it, I haven't been able to connect with Tapatalk in a few days either.....

Nov 29, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #21 of 67
You know when I posted the bug on the previous thread I was still switching back and forth between the two still not settled on which I liked more on my iPad3. But after using it a lot today I am really impressed with the work these gentlemen have done on the mobile site. I can see this being made into an app in the near future that will really be worthy of head-if.

The more I use this the more I find it has lots of well thought out little shortcuts and tricks. The quoting function is still buggy with the ipad3 but navigating is much much easier.

Being able to see all the latest posts from your subscription list is quick and helps you keep up to date with even older threads people have revived. And the speed is great on cellular network. I find it much easier to get to one forum to another and back to my subs page. I even don't mind the little adds plopped inbetween posts because there is alot less animated adds that tend to slow down Safari for some reason.

Inserting pics from my ipad are actually easier than doing it from my PC.

i think anyone should try it for a few days and get used to it before making too many suggestions because they really did do a very, very, very nice job organizing the mobile site.

Anyway thanks again, guys. Working out well so far.

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #22 of 67
Quote:
...Firstly thanks for the mobile version. Great work...

The thanks definitely goes to Huddler's product development and engineering teams. They've been working their tails off for many months getting this right, and it has resulted in what is maybe the best mobile interface I've yet used for a site of the type that involves so much interaction (not just viewing) from its users. Some of us have been using pre-release versions for quite some time, and were really looking forward to seeing it rolled out.

...Ran into a bug yesterday regarding submitting replies after using the "quote and reply" button...

We'll make sure to report the bug.

Nov 30, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #24 of 67
We have a mobile site now?  We are awesome! 
smile.gif

Nov 30, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #26 of 67
i still prefer using the normal site on my android phone using dolphin browser, its the number of replies after mine, and loading more threads on my profile that brings me back to the normal site, but apart from that, very well done head-fi, im proud to be a member

Nov 30, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #27 of 67
Quote:
Hoping Jude or Amos gets to see this.
Firstly thanks for the mobile version. Great work.
Ran into a bug yesterday regarding submitting replies after using the "quote and reply" button. Had the problem from an ipad3.
A link to that problem is HERE.
If there is a better place to put this please let me know.

Doc, I just received word form the tech team that they need some information regarding this issue.  They ask:

1. Are you still having this issue?
2. What are the exact steps taken when this occurred?  The team is having issues replicating the issue, so it's much tougher to fix if they can't duplicate it and see where the issue lies.

Nov 30, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #28 of 67
Okay I am testing it right here......
Doc, I just received word form the tech team that they need some information regarding this issue.  They ask:

1. Are you still having this issue?
2. What are the exact steps taken when this occurred?  The team is having issues replicating the issue, so it's much tougher to fix if they can't duplicate it and see where the issue lies.

Edit: Thanks for getting back joe. It hasn't happened again. I just tried to reproduce it myself and it seems to be fine. The first time it happened I think I first typed my answer and then pressed the quote and reply button and it sent the answer and quote but did not clear the reply screen or update the thread on my page. I used my browser on another tab to look in my posting history so I didn't triple post and saw that the post did in fact show up both times I pressed submit.

I think I had edited something on the page as well before that. If it happens again, I will take notes of the exact sequence of steps I go through and PM it to you. But it has not occurred again. It happened twice in 10 minutes the first time, but I didn't double post the second time because I knew what was happening. .

Thanks again.

(hope that all made sense)

Nov 30, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #29 of 67
Okay I am testing it right here......
Edit: Thanks for getting back joe. It hasn't happened again. I just tried to reproduce it myself and it seems to be fine. The first time it happened I think I first typed my answer and then pressed the quote and reply button and it sent the answer and quote but did not clear the reply screen or update the thread on my page. I used my browser on another tab to look in my posting history so I didn't triple post and saw that the post did in fact show up both times I pressed submit.
I think I had edited something on the page as well before that. If it happens again, I will take notes of the exact sequence of steps I go through and PM it to you. But it has not occurred again. It happened twice in 10 minutes the first time, but I didn't double post the second time because I knew what was happening. .
Thanks again.
(hope that all made sense)

I can confirm the issue that Doc was talking about. I've managed to replicate it at least twice.

I've also had some problems with quotes in general:
1. Multi-quoting something simply cuts off the quoted text for one of the quotes I picked out.
2. Sometimes the quotes don't even appear, and I'm unable to input anything in the reply box since the "invisible quotes" are taking up all the space.

Otherwise, everything's become very convenient. Love this version so much that I'm using it over the desktop version on my desktop.

Dec 1, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #30 of 67
Just to echo the others, the new mobile site is awesome! Thank you for your hard work in making headfi better than ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back