Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified Headphone Goodness - Head-Fi TV
Aug 25, 2014 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 389

NOTE:  If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.

In a Head-Fi TV exclusive, we introduce the first headphone from Blue Microphones -- the exciting, new Mo-Fi!

Products mentioned in the video:

1. Blue Microphones Mo-Fi headphone
  2. HiFiMAN HE-560 over-ear headphone
  3. V-MODA XS on-ear headphone
  4. Blue Microphones Nessie microphone
  5. Blue Microphones Yeti microphone
  6. Blue Microphones Blueberry microphone
  7. Blue Microphones Kiwi microphone

Mo-Fi Headphones by Blue Microphones - Head-Fi TV produced by Joseph Cwik and Jude Mansilla

Here are photos from the Blue Mo-Fi Head-Fi Gallery (click a photo to enlarge it):

We will occasionally post Q&A episodes of Head-Fi TV.  If you want to submit any questions (or comments), you can do so via email to tv@head-fi.org.

Aug 25, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #2 of 389
One thing I didn't mention in the video (which definitely should have been mentioned) is that the Blue Mo-Fi's headband also has adjustable tension (adjustable clamping force), using the dial on top of the headband.

I really like that Blue recognized that the multi-link headband mechanism they went with opened up the possibility to provide adjustable clamping force, and that they chose to go with it. Very cool stuff.

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #3 of 389
Looks funky. Can't wait to see them in my B&Ms.

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #4 of 389
any chance of a sample pair going to Australia? :p

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #5 of 389
Very interesting piece of equipment! I would love to hear other people's opinions once it starts going out.

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #6 of 389
Those joints remind me of the Terminator.  Very artful industrial design. I thought I'd seen everything but now I want a pair, especially if they sound as good as they look.

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #7 of 389
Looks good but again over 300$ price makes you think again when you have many to chose from i know they are focused towards people who use mobile as their audio sorce not for people who use DAP"s and Portable amps.

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #8 of 389
The prototype shown with the blue and brown coloring looked pretty awesome, I wish they had stayed with that. Also, I feel the arms connecting the cups are too exotic to be a 'safe' choice style-wise, I'm not a big fan. But the internal amp + bass boost, fantastic band, and boldness I'm sure will grab lots of attention! Kudos to Blue for trying something new!

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #9 of 389
Oh wow.  That is certainly one of the most inventive and intriguing headphones I'm aware of.  I very well might end up wanting one.

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #10 of 389
Very complex-looking headphones (in a good way).

Wish they could had just sold ampless model... The weight of the headphones is nearly 500g... almost as same as my older Audeze LCD-2r.

Aug 26, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #11 of 389
Nice.

I was just about done trying out closed headphones,.. I might give this one a try,

Thanks Jude.

Aug 26, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #14 of 389

Wish they could had just sold ampless model...

I'm with you on this. Not a fan of headphones with built in amps. 

On the design part, the concept is not bad. The adjustment mechanism..i love it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back