Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified Headphone Goodness - Head-Fi TV
Aug 26, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #31 of 389
Sorry, mostly tired and not about to rewatch the video this late. Did Jude say the sound was competitive at it's price range before considering the value of the amp, or would it be more reasonable to assume the sound is competitive after you discount the estimated value of the amp? Been looking at various closed headphones lately and trying to put together a short list, and the innovation alone has my curiosity piqued.

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #34 of 389

The battery charges via USB; but even if you forget to charge it, you've still got the headphone in passive mode. Also, the amp turns off automatically when the Mo-Fi isn't being worn, so that helps prolong battery life per charge.

So the headphone knows when you're wearing it? (some sort of switch/actuator in the headband?)

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #36 of 389

The battery charges via USB; but even if you forget to charge it, you've still got the headphone in passive mode. Also, the amp turns off automatically when the Mo-Fi isn't being worn, so that helps prolong battery life per charge.

So the headphone knows when you're wearing it? (some sort of switch/actuator in the headband?)

That would be interesting, but it's probably more along the lines of turning off after x seconds of no input from the source.

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #37 of 389

Yes, the headband closing when you take the Mo-Fi off turns its amp off. Putting around my neck doesn't shut it off, though.

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #38 of 389
From the mo-fi site:

Rechargeable battery provides up to 12 hours of playtime; Mo-Fi continues to play music even when battery has no charge

http://mofiheadphones.com/
  1. Rechargeable battery provides up to 12 hours of playtim

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #39 of 389
  Yes, the headband closing when you take the Mo-Fi off turns its amp off. Putting around my neck doesn't shut it off, though.

To me that's the coolest thing about it. 
It's the attention to little details that makes this headphone interesting... because I think it's one of the ugliest I've ever seen.

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #40 of 389

To me that's the coolest thing about it. 
It's the attention to little details that makes this headphone interesting... because I think it's one of the ugliest I've ever seen.

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #41 of 389
  Fantastic Review Jude! These look incredible! They sort of remind me of a Parrot Zik? Before you said the price I was expecting a $500+ price tag, especially with the built in Amp but I was pleasantly surprised at the US$349! If these sound half as good as you make them out to be I will be in for a pair for sure! Any word on the retail release date? I see on their website they have a countdown with 5 hours left? Is this when they will be on sale?

Thanks again Jude.

They're on sale now.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LXBC7W4

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #42 of 389
If it sounds anything like a pair of DT150, it is going on my head.

Aug 26, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #44 of 389
They must make one without built in amp and open back design with same headband construction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back