Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified Headphone Goodness - Head-Fi TV
Aug 31, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #257 of 389
Guitar Center seems to be your best bet for now.

bleh, Don't have one near me. I do have a music store that might carry em... 

Aug 31, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #258 of 389
  I wonder though how DURABLE they are, I'd love for a something with the Classic Beyer DT 7x 9x series Build

I really need a "gym" can and there's still a part of me wondering if the XS would work best for me, or if something BIGGER would work. I used to work out with an XB 700 [I don't know how] so size isn't an issue to much

Non the less, looks cool :D here's to hoping I'll find one to demo in a Brooke Stone or FYI 

I have Vmoda XS they are good but just check if they are tight on your head as they are not tight on mine and they fall off a lot

Aug 31, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #259 of 389

Wow, even AKG making an amped headphone. Hope this is the start of a trend?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/723016/akgs-new-lifestyle-headphone-range-y50-y45bt-y40

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #260 of 389
Aug 31, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #261 of 389
BT headphones require a DAC and an amp to function properly.

Yes, the amp and DAC are inside the heaphone cups. Just went to the link at the Head-Fi announcement thread and read some info. I think your confused here?

Are you trying to say you need a blue tooth phone?

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #263 of 389
Yes, the amp and DAC are inside the heaphone cups. Just went to the link at the Head-Fi announcement thread and read some info. I think your confused here?

Yes, because they are BT. The DAC and amp only function if you are using them wirelessly. Otherwise the BT portion can't function without a DAC and amp. The BluMic headphones are NOT BT, they don't require an amp to function properly, that's added in as an extra. With the AKG, it's not extra. The headphones will not produce sound without them as BT is sent as a digital signal which needs to be converted and amplified like any source.

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #264 of 389
Yes, because they are BT. The DAC and amp only function if you are using them wirelessly. Otherwise the BT portion can't function without a DAC and amp. The BluMic headphones are NOT BT, they don't require an amp to function properly, that's added in as an extra. With the AKG, it's not extra. The headphones will not produce sound without them as BT is sent as a digital signal which needs to be converted and amplified like any source.

Yes, I get your point. The cable connection does not get an amplified signal. Only BT. Thank-you. You need a DAC and amp to run a cable to em.

I have not been impressed so far with BT. So maybe Mo-Fi wired is to have better SQ?

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #265 of 389
Yes, I get your point. The cable connection does not get an amplified signal. Only BT. Thank-you. You need a DAC and amp to run a cable to em.

I have not been impressed so far with BT. So maybe Mo-Fi wired is to have better SQ?

BT quality has improved greatly and it's right where it needs to be (they are capable of playing CD-quality now without data loss).  The DAC and amps that are used and paired may need to be better chosen for the device they sit in.  I know that the AKG K845 that I do use sounds great, even over BT.  

Mo-Fi is wired, if the amplifier is of good quality, it'll pay off.  If not, then you're back to square one.  

Aug 31, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #266 of 389
the guitar center i went to didn't have a demo pair, i had to buy them. that's what i'm telling the wife.
there's a light inside each ear cup that indicates charge; off, low or charging at different blink rates, steady or no lamp are on and off respectively.
weight and comfort will not be an issue for the 98% (the two percent can pay someone else to listen to them) In total an interesting package presentation.

i should be listening to music on them in a few hours.
i'm down to eleven set of headphones now. it's been over a year since i had any interest in something new.

Aug 31, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #268 of 389
  the guitar center i went to didn't have a demo pair, i had to buy them. that's what i'm telling the wife.
there's a light inside each ear cup that indicates charge; off, low or charging at different blink rates, steady or no lamp are on and off respectively.
weight and comfort will not be an issue for the 98% (the two percent can pay someone else to listen to them) In total an interesting package presentation.

i should be listening to music on them in a few hours.
i'm down to eleven set of headphones now. it's been over a year since i had any interest in something new.

Brave man LOL, someones got to control upgradities otherwise the kids would not eat

Aug 31, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #269 of 389
BT quality has improved greatly and it's right where it needs to be (they are capable of playing CD-quality now without data loss).  The DAC and amps that are used and paired may need to be better chosen for the device they sit in.  I know that the AKG K845 that I do use sounds great, even over BT.  

Mo-Fi is wired, if the amplifier is of good quality, it'll pay off.  If not, then you're back to square one.  

Nice to hear on BT.

Yes, I like the AKG house sound. Maybe we will see some excitement at Head-Fi about the Y series?

Aug 31, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #270 of 389
Lol, Gelocks ur a good sport too! Thanks for the loaner. Cant wait to see measurements

dont u own the zmf , i wonder once u get to listen to it which one u like more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back