miu mr2 pro
Apr 15, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #17 of 82
Target MSRP for the MR2 = US$48.99

Apr 15, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #20 of 82
I just got mine!
atsmile.gif
  I'm listening to them right now.  So far so good.

Apr 15, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #21 of 82
VERY quick and dirty initial impressions from an amateur.
after about an hour of total listening over a couple days.  I also let them burn for several hours per day, and dare i say it did seem to help a bit.

nice packaging and presentation

open box - HELLO rubber smell!

played primarily from a clip+ with no EQ or presets of any kind
all losless files
genres from jazz, metal, folk, acoustic, electronic and techno, pretty much a bit of everything but country and classical.

pretty comfortable but not as much as my klipsch s4's
pretty easy to seat correctly in ears, although totally oppisite to what im used to so i always get confused
construction seems solid
nice cord quality and flexibility but its grippy, and with no neck choker to sinch the IEM's together, it easily tangles when not in use.
very mild -negligable microphonics
comes with a case - hard on one side mesh on the other.. kinda strange.  would think hard on both sides would be better.
comes with decent amount of tips 1 small set, 3 medium sets, 1 large set

overall sound is not wildly spiking or dipping anywhere and is generally pleasant - confirmed with sweeping frequency generator.

cord implementation around ears makes no sense to me - the cord points up and forward once they are in your ears. seems kind of backwards..so they are sort of  wanting  to hook over your ears, but when you do that they dont stay, so the cord just sticks up and flops around... this drives me crazy.
a neck choker would fix this, but there isnt one.

highs are definately rolled off, and certainly dont sparkle or feel crisp, but at least no sibilance.
lows tend to get muddy and distort a bit at times. they are a bit boomy, however the bass is there in a pretty good amount.  definately not quick and punchy. 
mids are pretty decent, although a little dirty sounding at times.  not the cleanest clearest in the world.  alomost a little scratchy.
overall these are clearly colored IEM's  though they dont spike or dip anywhere substantially, they are certainly not flat.
they give sort of a dark, soft, muffled sound. 

the tips are hellishly hard to change and i found myself ready to throw them across the room. the rubber that fits over the IEM tip is too soft.

the cord and tips seem to be truly made of rubber.  they kind of smell and off-gas a bit. but this is dissipating.
the tips are very soft and rubbery and really "stick" in your ears, which could be looked at  as a plus or a minus depending on your preference.  I have very little wax in my ears so they reeeeally stick.  they certainly wouldnt fall out unless i yanked them very hard.

overall these IEM's just sound - not so nice to me.  I dont care for the sound signature, and overall the muddy distorted feel - albeit somewhat mild - doesnt do it for me either.  Maybe this is what is expected at this price point.   Maybe these past few years in head-fi have made me a headphone snob :wink:

I would not feel confident buying or recommending these to others.

Apr 15, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #22 of 82
definitely not a headphone snob, these are really lacking in a technical sense. There are much better headphone in that price range. Also I had the same issue with the tips, took me 5 tries before I could resleeve the orginal tips. I stand by my statement that these feel like the mdr 7502(not 7506) of the iem world.

Apr 15, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #23 of 82
I find it to be decent for the asking price. Perhaps not the best you can buy for $50, but also not the worst. MR2-Pro could use a better build quality for sure. But as far as SQ is concern, I will take this over, said the $80 Klipsch S4 at any day of the week,

Apr 16, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #25 of 82

Fresh from the orient.
Couple of pics to share, both pre and post unveiling.

With the iPhone for size
With all honesty, the box the MR2s came in is worthy of something pretty much 10 fold in value. It's magnetic on the closing flap darn it!
basshead.gif

I'm not surprised if the higher end gear they produce, such as their tube amp, comes housed in this.
And yes, the smaller box on the right of the phones is empty.

Currently on the Burn-in leg, gosh these have TRUCKLOADS of bass.
Pretty punchy, in the dynamic driver kinda way.(Obviously)
I totally dig the shell size too, no complains on build quality, though i do forsee these tangling up rather easily.
Nice low profile 90' Jack to add. It may seem that there's no strain relief on the jack, but the material of the jack itself is pretty flexible, thus the unibody looking design.
Comfort wise, definitely an A+, maybe because they are so small-ish. On par with the Westone Um2.

One thing to note, the nozzle on the MR2s are a tad smaller than, say, the TF10s. Thus, the Complys do seem a little loose, so you gotta push them all the way in on the nozzle.
The complys sound fine, just dont insert the MR2s too deep into your ear canals with them. You might get that irritating muffled effect.
As for the stock tip replacement,  i did'nt have much of an issue, just invert the cone and nudge them in.

From what i have sampled so far, these are gonna be fun.

Would i pay $50 for em?
Definitely, solely based on sonic qualities.

Await the post burn in results aite.

Thanx!

Apr 16, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #26 of 82
Have any of you noticed some heavy driver flexing on your units?

Apr 16, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #30 of 82
Crackling sounds caused by the drivers when you push em against your ear, usually caused by pressure acting on them, as far as I understand.

I sometimes get it even when opening my mouth, but most often when I'm trying to fit the earphones into the ear.

Last I had this problem was on the Right driver of an old Creative EP630.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back