miu mr2 pro
Apr 18, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #46 of 82

Made a few changes here, brings out the treble better overall.

Still bassy though.

Have a feeling that all that bass rumble is made by the resonance in the housing itself, but the technical performance of the MR2 isn't actually bad. Comparing it back to back with the Brainwavz M1 tells me that it can do everything the M1 can do, just in a different light. The volumous bass and sub-bass is still quite a handful though. A sine-wave sweep tells me that it handles the sub-bass regions via bass bleeding, and I guess its the same bass bleed that prevents the midrange from being resolving (got this comment when I let a few of my non-earphone enthusiast buddies try it out).

If I can get the necessary tools, I wanna try venting the earphone and see what changes will occur. I'm hypothesizing positive stuffs by adding a vent onto it tho =O

Apr 18, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #47 of 82
[size=10pt]I received mine today. I do like the packaging. It seems very nice for the given price. Fairly clean midrange however on the lower end it lacks a bit of power compared to some of other cheaper IEMS (sony). These particular IEMS are a bit light in the treble area as well. At first I did not like them much but they warmed up to me after a bit of use and I would not mind using them in my portable setup. Overall I think these fit very good in their price bracket. [/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]+ Mids are are clean[/size]
[size=10pt]+ Sound stage decent for price[/size]
[size=10pt]+ Bass not overpowering [/size]
[size=10pt]+ Nice array of tips to fit any ear size.[/size]
[size=10pt]+ Fairly comfortable, however I feel like the Klipsch elliptical tips are a bit nicer.[/size]
[size=10pt]+ Packaging[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]- Cable feels good but tangles easily[/size]
[size=10pt]- Lacks detail in treble region [/size]
[size=10pt]- Low end is somewhat weak and sometimes seems muddy on some tracks.[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]

[size=10pt]I would not feel bad paying 50 bucks for theses. Obviously they are not going to sound like $400 headphones but $50 is acceptable. $40 would be even a better value. Nice work guys.[/size]

Apr 20, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #48 of 82
Wait so he's saying the MR2 Pro is better or am I reading it wrong? MR2 pro--->IE8 meaning bad to good or is it the other way around? Seems way biased if it was MR2 Pro being better than the IE8 is almost every category given the price of it.

Quote:
Just read through the thread, and while I'm rather skeptical (despite not having heard the IE8), I'll just translate what the conclusion of the reviewer was.

總結/Conclusion: 
高頻/Highs: MR2pro-->IE8
中頻/Mids: MR2pro-->IE8
低頻 (量)/Bass (Quantity): IE8-->MR2pro
低頻 (質)/Bass (Quality): MR2pro-->IE8
音場/Soundfield (Soundstage): MR2pro-->IE8
層次感/Layering: MR2pro-->IE8
分析力/Separation: MR2pro-->IE8
舒適度/Comfort: MR2pro-->IE8
外型設計/Design: IE8-->MR2pro
蝦人玩程度/Not sure about this one: MR2pro-->>>IE8

In other news, I just paired them up with the Little Dot Micro+ fed by the uDAC. Synergizes better than the Xenos 1HA-EPC. The MR2 Pro seems to like brighter amps overall (given its bass oriented sound sig)

Apr 21, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #49 of 82
Just got them, holly bass!!! The xb500 got nothing on these bad boys in the bass department, and thats about it, I'm missing clarity, everything I play sounds muffled and to bassy. I hope they clear out a bit, at this point I like my soundmagic pl11 better as a "fun" in ear. I use the ue700 when Im traveling and the Dt 880 as full sized headphone for home together with the xb500.

Apr 21, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #51 of 82
I'm actually starting to like them. I ended up dampen the back with some electrical tape and nutty putty(ran out of blutak) the bass tightens up quite a bit. I ended up giving them a 2nd chance after my im590 disappeared along with my sansa clip.They still aren't replacing my im590(I guess I'll wait for the im790)

I think there is a mental adjust time if your everyday iem/headphone are detail/clarity oriented

Apr 21, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #52 of 82
Ive just recieved my pair. I've tried several sources, eartips, and the right side is clearly louder than the left  ... does burning in help it? Otherwise I dont think I'll use it, my Fuze V2's rockbox port doesnt support playing through line out dock, and I cant balance it with the original firmware.

Apr 21, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #54 of 82

Quote:
Ive just recieved my pair. I've tried several sources, eartips, and the right side is clearly louder than the left  ... does burning in help it? Otherwise I dont think I'll use it, my Fuze V2's rockbox port doesnt support playing through line out dock, and I cant balance it with the original firmware.

I have the EXACT same problem.  I'll e-mail miu and explain to them I'm not the only one with this problem.

Apr 21, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #55 of 82

Quote:
Just got them, holly bass!!! The xb500 got nothing on these bad boys in the bass department, and thats about it, I'm missing clarity, everything I play sounds muffled and to bassy. I hope they clear out a bit, at this point I like my soundmagic pl11 better as a "fun" in ear. I use the ue700 when Im traveling and the Dt 880 as full sized headphone for home together with the xb500.

Really? Bass didnt feel too strong to me.. well atleast comparing them to a HD-650 :D

Apr 22, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #56 of 82
I'm finally able to the point where I feel like I can make a judgement about these. I like them.

The bass was INSANE at first, bat has calmed down a bit. The HF extension isn't nearly that of my RE0, nor can it touch it for clarity or detail, however, the MR2 Pros are pretty nice and smooth to me. The bass is still strong and I really dig listening to dubstep/hip-hop with these, it's very cool. World changing? Nah. Great value? Yes.

Oh, also, the comfort of these is great, once you switch the tips. The stock tips are garbage. With Sony Hybrids, I've been able to get a very deep insertion with a very, very good seal. They seal better than I've ever been able to get RE0s to seal. Great noise isolation, they're my new work IEMs. They cut out the sound of an idling generator or Humvee without too much difficulty. Really enjoyable in that regard.

Apr 22, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #57 of 82

Quote:
Really? Bass didnt feel too strong to me.. well atleast comparing them to a HD-650 :D

Check the phase as I described earlier. These should have lots more bass than the 650. For those with channel level problems, Unlikely to be phase but i'd check it anyway. Your brain can do odd things with phase interpretation.

Apr 23, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #59 of 82
For those of you who are able to but have yet to do this, throw a PtoS Cable (5 Ohm Impedance adapter) into the mix.

It should help taming the bass down quite a bit from what I'm experiencing on my end =)

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #60 of 82
I just got the MR2pro, initial impression:

If I were to find it's headphone cousin, it would be the ATH-M50 (that I din't like either). The MR2pro is like a lower quality M50, ie. the typical cheap closed headphone.

Similar wooly bass but more uncontrolled, unclear lower mids, attenuated but still a little bit harsh highs. Voices sound good though.
Soundstage has depth but it's narrow. Let's hope the burn-in will help. :)

If someone knows what tip I can put on it to lower/tighten the bass, increase the isolation and maybe open up the mids a little bit ... please tell me. I use the small tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back