mitchb is ripping me off for $440
Aug 2, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #16 of 160
Wow I almost did a trade with him. I called it off and said I was uncomfortable after listening to how he wanted me to ship and he kept emailing and calling me. Good thing I didnt.

Aug 2, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #18 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockCity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OP, I'm sorry I derailed the second page.

No worries, I'm not one to mind a little derailing.
redface.gif

Aug 2, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #19 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Meh, I've always made good use of that word outside HF.

lol srsly, every time I use it now, I remind myself of Head-Fi.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 2, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #20 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by jellojoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it possible that his accounts have been hacked and it's actually a different person sending messages?

I'm thinking substance abuse.

Aug 2, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #21 of 160
i posted a wtb for hd580s a while back and received several gibberish offers from mitchb and i turned them all down, but it seemed like he had no recognition of ever sending the other offers. I explained why his offer wasn't what i was looking for, then the next day he sent another one that was even farther away from what i was looking for. I then brought this up in another thread about issues with mitchb and he attacked me in the thread. 2 days later he sends me another offer wanting to do business. I would expect this to be several people on the same account, but is is very easy to realize its the same person because they are always huge long walls of text that are borderline English and hard to decipher.

Aug 2, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #22 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh, I knew something was wrong with him when I first saw his huge Grado garage sale. It was taken off the FS forum within a few minutes, which made me wonder.

Then a few weeks ago, he had a RS-1 up for sale. I asked him if it was part of the huge Grado collection he was selling a few weeks ago. I also asked why his spelling suddenly went bad. I mean, seriously, it was like somebody was holding a gun to his head and making him type at 1,000 words a minute. Seemed very off-beat and suspicious.

Then he replies back all angry saying he failed grades 1, 2, and 3, and that's why his spelling has suddenly gone to heck. Seriously, I could care less; look at other posts he has written; they're cohesive and comprehensive.

In short, I don't know why anybody would take a chance dealing with this guy. He obviously has anger and financial issues he needs to sort out with himself before he deals around with other Head-Fi members.

I remember reading that thread and thinking What, Like you I checked a few of is other posts and they seemed to be in perfect English. Uncle Erik could be right ?

Aug 2, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #27 of 160
hm. In Mitchb's feedback, the post right above yours, is dated July 18th,

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade0203 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bought a brand new never open Denon D5000 from Mitch. Nice deal and fast shipping. A+++ Head-Fier

I remember MitchB seemed to have a few of the same headphones in the past... but the dates just seemed to line up really well for the D5000. Wonder whats up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And Duggeh owes Teal'c ten.

Hahhahaha.

Aug 2, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #29 of 160
It may just be me, but the whole scenario sounds like it was a planned rip-off of Sennheiser Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back