Minneapolis Meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #676 of 697
I will bring it anyway, just in case. And to verify, needle doctor is at 6006 Excelsior Blvd. St. Louis Park, MN, correct?
I believe that's right. There are also parking spots right at the back of the store, so you don't have to carry your equipment so far, which I used last time, not sure if it will be the same this time around though.

Apr 30, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #677 of 697
I'll bring the following:

Wells Milo
Chord Mojo
Acoustic Reseach M2
Abyss AB-1266
ZMF Atticus
ZMF Ori
HD800
Project Solstice
Dana Cables

Can also bring some IEMs:
Campfire Andromeda
1More Quad Driver
Periodic Beryllium

If anybody wants to hear the 1More Triple Driver or the Periodic Mg or Ti, let me know ahead of time. The samples are still in boxes, but I can crack them open if there is genuine interest. If you want to sample the IEMs, please be kind and clean your ears. :) Bring your own tips, if you can. Otherwise, I'll have a few extra tips and some alcohol swabs.

Andro please.

EDIT: Nevermind, see you are bringing them anyways.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #678 of 697
If Feilong4 is unable to find his, that would be great, I'll also bring along an external hard drive, with some tunes and the necessary drivers, so having no internet wont be a problem.

Yeah, it seems like I'm carrying a bit of stuff already so it would be great if LeMoviedave can bring theirs.

I will bring it anyway, just in case. And to verify, needle doctor is at 6006 Excelsior Blvd. St. Louis Park, MN, correct?

I think so. Google Maps seem to show the building. Those who have been there, is there parking in the back? I'm looking at Google's streetview and I only see street parking.

EDIT: I just saw the later posts about parking.

Also, do we need steel chairs? I might have about 5 that I might be able to bring. I'll be leaving with a friend though, so I'll have to take them back whenever he has to go.

So we have until 11-4?

Last edited:
May 2, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #682 of 697
I'd like to thank everyone for bringing their gear. I would have probably never get to hear any of the headphones and IEMs brought that day.

Some of my favorites were:
- Hifiman HE-6
- Campfire Audio Andromeda
- Alclair 4 driver (I believe)
- ZMF Atticus

Definitely getting a pair of the Andromeda's as soon as I can.

May 27, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #683 of 697
I missed the needle doctor day unfortunately!

Does anyone live near uptown (We could meet up at spyhouse or somewhere) that would be willing to let me demo a nice dac/amp combo such as a Jotunheim or something comparable? I'd like to be able to listen to one for a bit to see if it is worth upgrading from my current source in the living room, which is an AV receiver. I'd be bringing revision 2 monoprice m1060's.

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #687 of 697
Hey Twin Cities Dudes & Dudettes,

We’re trying to book ASM meetings for October and November, and we’d like to do another joint ASM/Head-Fi meet at the Pavek. Last one two years ago was quite a success, and we’d like to bring everyone up on the latest.

I’d bring my three current DACs (Mytek Brooklyn, exaSound e22 MkII & Woo Audio WA7 MkII), some cans (Audese LCD-3, Westone W60, beyerdynamic Xylento remote, AIAIAI TMA-2) and a couple of HRA portables (Pono Player, AK120, Calyx M, maybe AR-M2 & more). Anybody up for this?

Aug 18, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #689 of 697
I'd be interested in attending,if it ends up being the last weekend in October or in November. I could bring some stuff as well, I'm likely to have at least these around: Schiit Gungnir Multibit, Dragon Inspire IHA-1, Cayin iHA-6, HD800, HE-6, Eikon, TH-X00.

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #690 of 697
I would love to attend. I will bring my Bel Canto stack and 1/2 dozen 'phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back