Minneapolis Meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #647 of 697
Spoke with ugh Needle Doctor and they will tell us on Tuesday if Sunday will work. They apologized for the holdup. They've been swamped.

Have they answered yet? Head-Fi updating really took the whole day yesterday.

Hopefully, people can still see notifications from new posts on a thread. I don't even know how to view my subscriptions anymore.

EDIT: Nevermind, found out how. It's under Account Alerts on the top right and is known as "Watching Threads" now.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #650 of 697
12-4 on Sunday is good with me. Is this happening?

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #653 of 697
Does Sunday work? Either 11-3 or 12-4? Needle Doctor would be the place.

Seems like Sunday from 12-4 would work for the ones that have replied. We're talking about this Sunday (the 30th), correct?

Apr 28, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #659 of 697
Anyone have a table or chairs they could bring for the afternoon?

I might have a couple of foldable tables and a few foldable steel chairs. Since I'm coming with a friend, I doubt I can get them to fit in his car though. No guarantees, but I'll ask my friend. Let me know if it looks like we'll for sure need more tables and chairs.

Will we need to bring our own extension cords and/or surge protectors?

uh... I guess I could shove a few tables in the back of my SUV.

I'll be bringing:
Stax Lambda Nova Basic w/ Stax SRM212
Pioneer Monitor 10
Kennerton Vali
Audio Technica ATH-ES5
Ety HF5
AKG K240 Sextett LP

Nice collection! I've always wanted to hear the Vali and Sextett.

I'll try to bring:

Beyerdynamic T1
Focal Listen
Koss Sporta Pro
Audio Technica ATH-M50S
Sony MDR 7550
VE Monk
Maybe various Brainwavz IEMs, though it would be great if those interested in trying can bring their own eartips.

ifi Nano iDSD
Schiit Magni
Gustard H10
Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball

I'm hoping someone has an HD800, as I've never heard a pair.

Unfortunately, my pair of ZMF Ori's are not here yet from repair and I highly doubt it will be here on time.

I'm not too fond of smoke, so it would much appreciated if it can be saved for later. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #660 of 697
honestly I don't use the Sextett much anymore. Monitor 10 runs circles around them. You'll know when you hear it why it's quickly become one of my favorites. :wink: not gonna spoil the surprise too much.

anyways... my main cans are away on loan to my friend, and the Vali is a loaner from someone else to me.

The vali reminds me of the AD500/700/900(X or not) in the mids. Slight rise to 1khz that makes vocals sound a tad shouty and pushes forward stuff like guitar riffs. Take those mids, slap on well extended, albeit slightly woolly, bass, and then clean up the spectral decay and fix the timbre.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back