Minneapolis meet 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #64 of 141
I think that would be great!
But I may have final exam within those days. I really have no idea wether I could come.
I will follow this posts until that day to check my schedule, and if I could come, I will fund what I can to host at that time.
Please let me know the following! Thanks

Apr 10, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #69 of 141
Thanks so much for getting all the details Feilong! Yeah, I should be able to make that I think.
I will pitch in to the gofundme for whenever that gets set.

I'll be getting a card table soon and can haul that along
I have a couple of amps and several headphones I'll be bringing as well.
Probably my violectric v200, loxjie p20, and a teac ud 301.

For headphones, I need to figure out the rest still, but definitely will be bringing my eikons (love em) and verum ones!

Apr 10, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #70 of 141
For meet first-timers:

If you plant to bring IEM's (or try them), what's the protocol? Bring your own tips/have multiple pairs on hand?

Apr 10, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #71 of 141
For meet first-timers:

If you plant to bring IEM's (or try them), what's the protocol? Bring your own tips/have multiple pairs on hand?

Hmm, I'd bring my own eartips. At the least meet, I believe someone brought alcohol wipes. I could try to supply the wipes unless if someone already has a lot on hand.

Apr 11, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #72 of 141
I will try to take that Sunday off and provided my wife is fine with me stepping away from the house for a bit (have a baby otw which could come any day now) I should be there. If I come I’ll most likely bring along my Atticus, Auteur, TR-X00 and HE 560 for headphones and maybe my thx and smsl dac

Apr 11, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #73 of 141
I will try to take that Sunday off and provided my wife is fine with me stepping away from the house for a bit (have a baby otw which could come any day now) I should be there. If I come I’ll most likely bring along my Atticus, Auteur, TR-X00 and HE 560 for headphones and maybe my thx and smsl dac

If you do come, I'd be very interested in trying out the Auteur and THX AAA 789!

Apr 11, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #74 of 141
The Roseville location should be OK with me on the 5th.

I do have a couple of questions/suggestions I'd like to get out there.

Public libraries also have meeting rooms that can be reserved for events and meetings. The larger rooms are booked out well in advance. I did a quick check of the Hennepin County Library system and the libraries all have their meeting room calendars online. I don't know how the libraries in St. Paul work, but I assume it would be similar. I would have suggested this to the group but all the larger rooms were taken in the times that were being thrown out for this meet. I think this would be good if the group decides another one in the future would be in the works.

Would it make sense to put a google doc out there as a quasi sign up sheet so people can list the headphones/IEMS, amps, dac's etc. they want to bring? We could also use it to get a rough idea of how many people can make it too.

Apr 11, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #75 of 141
The Roseville location should be OK with me on the 5th.

I do have a couple of questions/suggestions I'd like to get out there.

Public libraries also have meeting rooms that can be reserved for events and meetings. The larger rooms are booked out well in advance. I did a quick check of the Hennepin County Library system and the libraries all have their meeting room calendars online. I don't know how the libraries in St. Paul work, but I assume it would be similar. I would have suggested this to the group but all the larger rooms were taken in the times that were being thrown out for this meet. I think this would be good if the group decides another one in the future would be in the works.

Would it make sense to put a google doc out there as a quasi sign up sheet so people can list the headphones/IEMS, amps, dac's etc. they want to bring? We could also use it to get a rough idea of how many people can make it too.

That can be an option for a future meet. I'm not sure how big the rooms are though or whether we have to keep at a certain noise level.

Yeah, a Google Docs document or spreadsheet can be a way to organize information on who's coming so we know what to expect. As for the things we would bring, we could probably add in that information as well. I'd like to add maybe another field for those who may be able to donate like just a simple "yes" for yes, and "blank" for no.

I could try to whip something up in a few and then you guys can input into the document or spreadsheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back