Minneapolis meet 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #31 of 141
Needle Doctor is pretty close for me which would be rather helpful as w/e it is I'll probably be heading there from work

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #32 of 141
Were there any disadvantages to hosting at the Needle Doctor besides the mentioned space issue? I'm not sure of the tradeoffs involved. Going on nothing but what was said, the Roseville buildings seem better options.

At the moment I'm planning to bring some Foster-powered over ears (Denon D7000 & Fostex TH-X00) and a few IEM's (Campfire Andromeda & its S-tuned variant, and a Fiio FH5).
I'll have a Chord Mojo & Schiit Fulla there, as well.

Hmm, other than space and distance (for me), the Needle Doctor was ok.

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #33 of 141
... I remember the Needle Doctor got a bit packed as more folks came in.

Ah, this is what I was thinking of.
Anyway, either is good I guess if the main factor is accessibility for most members, which seems to be significant.

The business-hosted option just seemed like it would be a weird mix of customers and meet attendees, possibly vying for space, but I wasn't there years ago.

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #34 of 141
Ah, this is what I was thinking of.
Anyway, either is good I guess if the main factor is accessibility for most members, which seems to be significant.

The business-hosted option just seemed like it would be a weird mix of customers and meet attendees, possibly vying for space, but I wasn't there years ago.

I believe we did it on a Sunday when the store would be closed, so we basically had the day to ourselves.

Mar 4, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #35 of 141
I liked doing it at needle doctor. That’s a righteous spot.

Mar 5, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #38 of 141
Needle Doctor is fine by me as well. Should we start working on a date? I say we aim for the end of April or early May. That gives us plenty of time to work our individual schedules out.

I'm fine with late April or early May.

Mar 5, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #43 of 141
I counted possibly 5 people on my post on the r/headphone subreddit that showed interest in attending. I think we can expect about 15 people, judging based off the people who replied there and here as of now. I may have a few people coming as well, and I'm not sure whether you guys will have other folks as well. I'm also not sure how many of us plan to have tables set up. Might we have enough room?

As for location, here's the poll that @boneburglar made: https://www.strawpoll.me/17546416/r

I'd like a Roseville building (since it's closer to me cough cough), but it seems like most people here are closer to Minneapolis :wink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back