Mini Review: PHENIX G3
Feb 5, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #31 of 42
I could probably fit a new jack for you at no charge, but I don't know anything about how a volume POT is put in. Hrm I'll look into it for you.

Feb 7, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #33 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could probably fit a new jack for you at no charge, but I don't know anything about how a volume POT is put in. Hrm I'll look into it for you.

Well, If you could figure that out I'd certainly pay for the shipping and the costs of materials.

Feb 7, 2010 at 3:16 AM Post #34 of 42
Let me look into it a bit more them for you my friend. I want you to experience this amp.

Feb 8, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #35 of 42
How do you think this would work with the JVC RX900s? Granted they aren't the greatest headphones out there but for the price they provide a very good sound. The bass is a little heavy already on these 64ohm cans so would it be overpowered with the amp? Would it even provide a noticeable difference in sound?

Feb 9, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #36 of 42
I'm not sure exactly. What impedance are they? If they are higher impedance they should work nicely.

Feb 9, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #37 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by davendesai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you think this would work with the JVC RX900s? Granted they aren't the greatest headphones out there but for the price they provide a very good sound. The bass is a little heavy already on these 64ohm cans so would it be overpowered with the amp? Would it even provide a noticeable difference in sound?

With headphones in that price range I'd be reluctant to purchase equipment more expensive than the headphone. You could get a very nice upgrade selling the RX900's and combining the money to get something like D2000.

Feb 9, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #38 of 42
Yes, I had the same thought. Was just thinking about setting aside some money right now for an amp while at the same time looking towards the future. Hopefully I might pick up an HD555 (which i don't know would be much better) or an AKG K701 (less likely).

Jan 11, 2011 at 4:20 AM Post #39 of 42
Zombie_X referred this amp to me but I am still stuck between either the Phenix G3/uDac2 combo, or a LD MK iii/ (accompanying dac) combo. Any thoughts from other head-fiers? Thanks.

Jun 15, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #42 of 42
Just picked up the G3-T7 out of curiosity.  Right now it's driving the HD201 (with nominal impedance rating of 24 ohms) and doing a good job.  The tubes it has now (an EH 12AT7 and a couple of Chinese 6N11) will soon be replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back