Millett Tube Portable amp
Mar 8, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #91 of 371
available for preorder at TTVJ

preordered
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #93 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by ttvj
On another note there will be a new portable headphone amp available at TTVJ. It will be the TTVJ Hybrid Amp - the same one that was shown at the Texas meet and designed by Pete Millett. It will be selling for $459. We will be taking preorders for it. I expect it to ship in 6-8 weeks. Initially there will be a limited supply so reserve on for yourself now!

That's from Todd's most recent thread in his forum here.

Mar 9, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #96 of 371
Congrats to Pete and Todd! Sounds like a great way to get this hot little item out to the masses. And, whooo-hooo, it's gonna happen and I'm gonna get me one way or the other.

Mar 9, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #97 of 371
I'm with Apnk... is it the same amp? Did Pete have any other amps at the meet? Also, TTVJ's description of the amp on his site is very shady. IMO

...cant wait to get one of these
580smile.gif

Mar 9, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #98 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by S4NDmaN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, TTVJ's description of the amp on his site is very shady.

I'm going to forgive what you said above as the mistake of a first post. There's nothing shady about Todd's description and you'd be hard pressed to find someone with more integrity. Sure, you're entitled to your opinion but I'm pretty sure you couldn't be more wrong in this case.

Mar 9, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #99 of 371
Whoa man chill for a sec, I didn’t insult anyone (well maybe from your perspective, but) just saying he should fix the description cause it's well, lacking ALOT of information on the product, hence the word shady. I don’t question his integrity at all either, I mean, you have eyes too… his name is all over Head-Fi making him more then creditable.

Mar 9, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #101 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by S4NDmaN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa man chill for a sec, I didn’t insult anyone <snip>

I'm sure when Todd has more information he'll post it. And no worries on my chillness.
cool.gif
Just trying to say that you should think before you post, calling it "very shady" is irresponsible, IMO.
wink.gif

Mar 9, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #102 of 371
OK, now that Todd has announced it...

Yes, this is the amp I had at the Dallas HeadFi meet. The production amps are exactly the same as the protos, other than nicer machined front and rear panels, and one additional filter cap on the tube filaments.

Todd will post more info, I'm sure, it just takes time.

Pete

Mar 9, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #103 of 371
Thanks for the update, Pete. What's the expected life on the internal battery?

-edit- to be specific, i mean how many charges, not battery operating time

-edit2- i also saw a comment in the Dallas/Ft. Worth thread saying there was room on the PCB for a dac...any word on that?

Mar 9, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #105 of 371
Hello there,
I thought I read SOMETHING somewhere about that possiblity of a DAC being built in since there was room for one. Did I missread that? Will there be an option for it? There is not one from the preorder I read on TTVJ page.

From everything I have heard about that amp, this is one amazing sounding amp. Having a DAC is REALLY must want for me. I currently use an Audigy 2 break out box for 99% of the headphone listening I do. I REALLY want to be able to connect this or whatever amp I use right through the DAC and have no need for a break out box other than the amp for JUST using my headphones. I hope if there is not an option for one now, that there will be in the very near future. I am a sucker for an all in one solution that takes up less desk space. I should have enough saved for this by the late spring earlier summer.
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back