Millett Tube Portable amp
Apr 18, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #121 of 371
It was sarcasm...but I'de definitly appreciate seeing some pics and posting a review!!!

Apr 18, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #123 of 371
Damn. Now I have to get a (regular) job.

$450, this place is worse than being hitched!
mad.gif

Apr 18, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #124 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by Large4mat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine shipped today..........

I can't wait for you to get it and let us know what you think!!
tongue.gif

Apr 18, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #125 of 371
I was not going to post until it arrived but since somebody else did, here it goes:

Dear ______ _ ______,
Todd The Vinyl Junkie
Order Number: XYZT
Detailed Invoice
Date Ordered: Monday 12 March, 2007
The comments for your order are: DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBER ~ 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
Your order has been updated to the following status:
New status: Shipped Shipped

Apr 18, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #126 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was not going to post until it arrived but since somebody else did, here it goes:

Dear ______ _ ______,
Todd The Vinyl Junkie
Order Number: XYZT
Detailed Invoice
Date Ordered: Monday 12 March, 2007
The comments for your order are: DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBER ~ 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
Your order has been updated to the following status:
New status: Shipped Shipped

I want one even more now!!!!

Apr 18, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #128 of 371
I just ordered one for ttvj! I am counting on this being the new best portable amp on the market....better than sr-71 and hornet m. I hope I'm right!

Apr 18, 2007 at 11:14 AM Post #131 of 371
I put off buying a Xenos X1HA-EPC when I saw the first posts about Pete's amp, I emailed him directly which he promptly responded to. I didn't want to bug Pete further so I waited patiently for more details and availability to emerge. When Todd announced he was going to be the one selling them I emailed him with a few questions I had but I never received a reply so I never took the idea of purchasing further.

Say what you will but I'm personally really tired of manufacturers and retailers who don't ever respond to emails, that's why I nixed the idea buying a Xin amp awhile back. It may not be a big deal for those of you in the same country but it can get pretty expensive for those of us who are in different countries that can't utilize toll free numbers and such. I guess in my mind it makes me wonder, if they can't reply to simple email request for further information what will they be like to deal with if I have a more serious problem with a product purchased from them?

Apr 18, 2007 at 12:35 PM Post #132 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I put off buying a Xenos X1HA-EPC when I saw the first posts about Pete's amp, I emailed him directly which he promptly responded to. I didn't want to bug Pete further so I waited patiently for more details and availability to emerge. When Todd announced he was going to be the one selling them I emailed him with a few questions I had but I never received a reply so I never took the idea of purchasing further.

Say what you will but I'm personally really tired of manufacturers and retailers who don't ever respond to emails, that's why I nixed the idea buying a Xin amp awhile back. It may not be a big deal for those of you in the same country but it can get pretty expensive for those of us who are in different countries that can't utilize toll free numbers and such. I guess in my mind it makes me wonder, if they can't reply to simple email request for further information what will they be like to deal with if I have a more serious problem with a product purchased from them?

Put your flame suit on. I expect a horde of TTVJ fans to come looking for you now.
Happened to me.
This sort of behaviour is supposed to be normal to a lot of people, because Todd is a great guy (he probably is) and he runs something that is just a small streetcorner shop and not some slick mega buck business.
To be honest: after I protested in these forums Todd corrected everything promptly and correctly. I am convinced he is a perfectly honest man.

Apr 18, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #133 of 371
I don't intend any of this as a flame so please don't take it that way but I think the small guys are in a tight spot when it comes to issues like this. The way I see it Todd has two options, either shut off email entirely and listen to people complain that they can't get answers to their questions without a phone call or try and answer every email that he gets and never get anything done. Or I suppose there's a third option, raise his prices so that he can hire help and listen to people complain about why his prices are higher than others.

Apr 18, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #134 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't intend any of this as a flame so please don't take it that way but I think the small guys are in a tight spot when it comes to issues like this. The way I see it Todd has two options, either shut off email entirely and listen to people complain that they can't get answers to their questions without a phone call or try and answer every email that he gets and never get anything done. Or I suppose there's a third option, raise his prices so that he can hire help and listen to people complain about why his prices are higher than others.

I agree with you up to a point. I think he could make it more clear on his site that he is in this position and sometimes maybe not able to answer all e-mails within x days. It would help people understand their position and what to expect and keep them from reacting too harshly. Good communication is key here, I think, to create mutual realistic expectations.

Apr 18, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #135 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think he could make it more clear on his site that he is in this position and sometimes maybe not able to answer all e-mails within x days.

I don't have a problem with waiting for a reply, that's not really the issue I have, I know alot of these guys a just small manufacturers or retailers therefore they are busy and sometimes not able answer as promptly as we would all like, I've learned that patience is a virtue.
wink.gif
My issue is with the ones that never bother to reply at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back