Millett Tube Portable amp
Mar 12, 2007 at 1:51 PM Post #107 of 371
First, let's all remember this is a totally new design, and is basically just a couple of months removed from the prototype stage. While the basic circuit is Pete's, this is a new foray into portable, and the first tube portable, so patience is a virtue regarding specs, not to mention the rather proprietary nature of a long-awaited (as yet unmet) feature set.

I had tackled Pete about the DAC specifically, and he believed it would not be a universally good thing to include, but, the clamoring masses *might* sway his opinion... question really is, how much are we (royal we) willing to pay for an embedded DAC in a portable amp?

There _is_ room on the board - and the challenge will be to convince the designer of the need, and, what's in it for him...
cool.gif

Mar 17, 2007 at 7:14 AM Post #109 of 371
pmillett,
I just checked, you're registered to attend the HeadFest in SJ, I hope you're bringing your stuff, and if we bring our own sources will you be giving test rides? Give us a chance to kick the tires, i.e. beta your new tube baby?

Mar 18, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #110 of 371
WOW! That is a cool little amp! I wish I had the $459.
600smile.gif
One day I will have one.

Mar 19, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #112 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg4icn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW! That is a cool little amp! I wish I had the $459.
600smile.gif
One day I will have one.

$459 tube amp: you are not buying an amp you're buying art. (PMillett, do suckups get a discount?)

Mar 19, 2007 at 12:40 PM Post #113 of 371
Wow! I'm glad that I found this thread! Count me in for one too! Am looking for the tubey sound - but being portable is a marvel! When is this thing available? Can one tube-roll this one?

Apr 16, 2007 at 8:30 AM Post #115 of 371
Is it here yet?? Todd emailed me back and says it is not far away. I have $$ for it now. Just wanting to see what others think of it before I order.

Apr 17, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #117 of 371
^ I will kill you if you're lying.

Apr 17, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #118 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I will kill you if you're lying.

I assume you're talking to me. You'd travel all the way up from Florida to kill me? I assure you that I'm not lying. I received an order update from TTVJ today. Oddly enough, I'm trying to get a job down in Florida at the moment. 17+ years at my current job has taken it's toll on me.........I'm just hoping I don't have to liquidate my toy chest to facilitate a job change.

Apr 17, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #119 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by Large4mat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I assume you're talking to me. You'd travel all the way up from Florida to kill me? I assure you that I'm not lying. I received an order update from TTVJ today. Oddly enough, I'm trying to get a job down in Florida at the moment. 17+ years at my current job has taken it's toll on me.........I'm just hoping I don't have to liquidate my toy chest to facilitate a job change.

You better post pics then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back