Millett "Starving Student" hybrid amp
Mar 4, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #2,566 of 7,277
exphy, most people sourced their 19J6 online, mine came from thetubecenter.com. If you can wait a couple more weeks when prototyping is successfuly completed, tubes will be available at beezar.com but you must also purchase the mssh pcb.

zk

Mar 4, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #2,567 of 7,277
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptHowie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm having a little bit of trouble finding a few of the parts on the revised BOM. The parts are:
- 50K, 1/4W Resistor;
- 2.4K, 2W Metal Oxide Resistor;
- Alpha 50K Audio Taper Stereo Pot [RV122F-20-15F-A50K];
- Neutrik 3.5mm Stereo Audio Jack [NMJ6HCD2];
- 20mm M3x0.5, Male-Female Aluminium Hex;
- TO-220 Heatsink Kit;

i ordered from farnell uk over the phone, instead of 50k resistors they sent me 100k ones, for 2.4k one they sent a led (shipped sepratly from the usa) the alpha pot was wrong and not dual. even tho the person. they did refund me before i even sent them back so i wont lose sleep over it

Mar 4, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #2,568 of 7,277
finaly had time to work on the proto board first pics in its nekid glory

sshproto1.jpeg

sshproto2.jpeg

sshproto3.jpeg

and i ran into a problem with the pot, one of the legs/lugs was broken. managed to fix it tho
sshproto4%20potfix.jpeg

i am preety much newbie when it comes to this, if anyone spots a mistake let me know. also the L case i got for it is too thin damn caps i got a 1mm to big:/

Mar 4, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #2,569 of 7,277
Perhaps this question has been asked before, but this is a long thread.

I am in Denmark: 230VAC/50hz with Schuko plugs. Can anyone give me a part number to an adapter?

Is there anything tied to the AC frequency?

Thanks.

Mar 5, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #2,573 of 7,277
Quote:

Originally Posted by gore.rubicon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ooh man...so beezar is selling a full kit for the mssh?

No, Tom is selling the PCB with 2 tubes. You can only get 2 tubes with a PCB, or just a PCB.

I'm surprised Tom didn't clear htis up himself
rolleyes.gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #2,574 of 7,277
I finally purchased a knob today and realized there is one other little artifact of mounting the SSMH PCB board "upside down" in the case (as designed). If you mount a typical knob on the shaft and set the knob set-screw on the flat side of the pot shaft, the knob indicator is a little wonky -- it's meant to all work the other way up. Simple enough to back out the set screw and set it into a round section of shaft so 0 is straight down (or up, or whatever), but maybe someone else will come up with a cleverer solution....

Mar 5, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #2,576 of 7,277
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, Tom is selling the PCB with 2 tubes. You can only get 2 tubes with a PCB, or just a PCB.

I'm surprised Tom didn't clear htis up himself
rolleyes.gif

Well for one reason, because I'll have more stuff than just the tubes and PCB. So, clearing it up is a bit more complicated than that.
wink.gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #2,577 of 7,277
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frihed89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps this question has been asked before, but this is a long thread.

I am in Denmark: 230VAC/50hz with Schuko plugs. Can anyone give me a part number to an adapter?

Is there anything tied to the AC frequency?

Thanks.

Wrong amp page ...sorry. This belongs on the MiniMax page.

Mar 5, 2009 at 10:16 AM Post #2,578 of 7,277
Tomb, is there an ETA on the final boards?

Mar 5, 2009 at 12:33 PM Post #2,579 of 7,277
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tomb, is there an ETA on the final boards?

We still need some more work done by the prototypers. There's still a few that haven't built their boards (including me) and no one but Nate and Royewest have cased them up. Roy is the only one to use the smaller case so far, but he ran into some issues. So, I'd like to see a few more try it before we finalize some minor changes to the board. I'm hoping to do mine this weekend.
smily_headphones1.gif

It should take 2 weeks from the time I order the boards to have them in hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back