Millett "Starving Student" hybrid amp
Feb 19, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #2,401 of 7,277
Quote:

Originally Posted by zkool448 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CaptHowie, if I add these optional caps/resistors this is exactly how I would connect/add them to Pete's original schematic... *however* before I do I'll need someone here first to kindly verify my diagram! thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

zk

What software did you use to make this? Just paint.net or something?

Nice job zkool
wink.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #2,402 of 7,277
Quote:

Originally Posted by nightanole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a question on the bypass caps. I guess i miss read the Bom of one of the early builds. Anyway i have 2 sets of .22uf audio caps coming, the Wima MKP10 .22uF 250V from mouser and the vitamin C's from beezer. I was planning on using the wima as by passcaps on the power supply, and the vitamins on the bypass caps on the outputs. Now i realize i still need another set of .22 coming off the tubes. So which set should i use for c2,c4 and which set for c3a/c5a since i dont have enough caps for the power supply bypass ( and its not really needed anyway)?

I think you answered your question.
wink.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #2,403 of 7,277
Just finished my SS and I'm listening to it now...

img0432wh2.jpg

It is built into the cast aluminum enclosure of an old piece of cookware. Easy to service clamshell construction...

img0431in5.jpg

Feb 19, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #2,406 of 7,277
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What software did you use to make this? Just paint.net or something?

Hey Hayduke, just plain 'ol photoshop
wink.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #2,407 of 7,277
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaughn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It is built into the cast aluminum enclosure of an old piece of cookware. <snip>

Wow nice job Vaughn! It's no wonder the students are starving, you take away their cookware
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #2,408 of 7,277
Quote:

Originally Posted by zkool448 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CaptHowie, if I add these optional caps/resistors this is exactly how I would connect/add them to Pete's original schematic... *however* before I do I'll need someone here first to kindly verify my diagram! thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

zk

Thanks heaps for that zkool448, should be greatly helpful
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: Yes! 50th post
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #2,410 of 7,277
Any suggestions for the volume knob? I didn't see it on the BOM and I'm not sure what the dimensions should be. I looked at the manufacturer's page for the potentiometer, and couldn't find any knobs that matched the shaft's dimensions.

Also, will pre drilled face plates for the Hammond case be sold or are we going to have to drill them ourselves?

Feb 19, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #2,411 of 7,277
Quote:

Originally Posted by iareConfusE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any suggestions for the volume knob? I didn't see it on the BOM and I'm not sure what the dimensions should be. I looked at the manufacturer's page for the potentiometer, and couldn't find any knobs that matched the shaft's dimensions.

Also, will pre drilled face plates for the Hammond case be sold or are we going to have to drill them ourselves?

most likely will have to do all the casework on our own, although i'm sure someone can whip up some templates

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #2,412 of 7,277
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoxMonkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
most likely will have to do all the casework on our own, although i'm sure someone can whip up some templates

Templates would help quite a bit, I also need to buy a drill now D:

Feb 19, 2009 at 12:12 PM Post #2,413 of 7,277
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoxMonkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Plenty of drawings will be available on the website when it's finished - just as I've done for the MAX and MiniMAX.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #2,415 of 7,277
Quote:

Originally Posted by gurusan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, what's the purpose of the 50k resistors before the pot?

To reduce gain and allow you to use the middle portion of the pot instead of just the first few degrees

Users who are viewing this thread

Back