Mid priced IEM cables thread.
Feb 6, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #676 of 1,874
Yes, XIN HS is a really responsive seller.

Quite helpful as well.
Yes confirm! Just ordered 3 cables with custom flat 2 pin one week ago. Took order in the morning, shipped out same day. He also took picture without me asking.👍
Screenshot_20210131-185222_AliExpress.jpg

They will arrive coming monday.

Feb 6, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #677 of 1,874
I should have cables coming from XINHS this week or the next, too. The parcel is on the last leg of the trip to me.

Feb 6, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #678 of 1,874
Yes confirm! Just ordered 3 cables with custom flat 2 pin one week ago. Took order in the morning, shipped out same day. He also took picture without me asking.👍
Screenshot_20210131-185222_AliExpress.jpg
They will arrive coming monday.
He really is amazing. I've got 4 more cables coming from him,. I asked if he could make some custom pigtails which weren't listed and he had them done the next day. So I've got a 3.5m to 2.5f, 2.5f to 4.4m and a 4.4f to 2.5m in pure silver on their way as well.

Feb 6, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #679 of 1,874
He really is amazing. I've got 4 more cables coming from him,. I asked if he could make some custom pigtails which weren't listed and he had them done the next day. So I've got a 3.5m to 2.5f, 2.5f to 4.4m and a 4.4f to 2.5m in pure silver on their way as well.
How much were they?

Feb 6, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #680 of 1,874
NiceHCK DarkJade Graphene vs LN007040 6.35mm Pure Silver Gold Palladium
The Pure Silver 97.42% + Gold 2.39% + Palladium 0.017%

I have to say- I am extremely impressed by the sound of both- but the PSGP edges out for sound- more clarity and authority
but the cable is so thin- I ordered it in separate left and right XLR 3 pin and only one wire strand is being used for the pins and two wire strands for ground! I feel like I would have been served better if they upped the strands for each pin to at least 2 maybe three each- so I am returning it - or attempting to anyway. We will see.

NiceHCK DarkJade is probably my second best cable I ever owned- if not my favorite period- the dual XLR PSGP is very limited to my desktop- so limited use. DJ can go anywhere and yields best dividends and seems to check all my boxes for what I look for in a cable. Never was one to think the difference was so dramatic but I am sold- cable for what ever reason really does make some quiet of difference. I tried it on all my IEMs but the Penon ORB and
Kinera Nanna 2.0 seemed to benefit most from the Dark Jade.

LN007040-6-35mm-Pure-Silver-Gold-Palladium-Alloy-Headphone-Cable-For-Hifiman-Sundara-Ananda-HE...jpg30aa7fae.jpg
I should mention a recent article:
Graphene has a current carrying capacity about a thousand times greater than copper

New research shows that Graphene may be very useful as an interconnector in computer chips. In widths as narrow as 16 nanometers, graphene has a current carrying capacity approximately a thousand times greater than copper – while providing improved thermal conductivity.
A team from the Georgia Institute of Technology has performced this research. “Our measurements show that these graphene nanoribbons have a current carrying capacity at least two orders of magnitude higher than copper at these size scales.” said Raghunath Murali, a senior research engineer in Georgia Tech’s Nanotechnology Research Center.
“Our measurements show that graphene nanoribbons have a current carrying capacity of more than 10^8 amps per square centimeter, while a handful of them exceed 10^9 amps per square centimeter,” Murali said. “This makes them very robust in resisting electromigration and should greatly improve chip reliability.”
Electromigration is a phenomenon that causes transport of material, especially at high current density. In on-chip interconnects, this eventually leads to a break in the wire, which results in chip failure. https://www.graphene-info.com/graph...-capacity-about-thousand-times-greater-copper

Feb 7, 2021 at 12:08 AM Post #681 of 1,874
How much were they?
I picked them up for $12 each. They would normally be $15 or $16 but because I had ordered other cables and 2 more in this order, he threw in a discount.

Feb 8, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #682 of 1,874
Any recommendations for an 8 core pure silver litz cable, ideally US$200-500?

Feb 8, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #684 of 1,874
I should mention a recent article:
Graphene has a current carrying capacity about a thousand times greater than copper

New research shows that Graphene may be very useful as an interconnector in computer chips. In widths as narrow as 16 nanometers, graphene has a current carrying capacity approximately a thousand times greater than copper – while providing improved thermal conductivity.
A team from the Georgia Institute of Technology has performced this research. “Our measurements show that these graphene nanoribbons have a current carrying capacity at least two orders of magnitude higher than copper at these size scales.” said Raghunath Murali, a senior research engineer in Georgia Tech’s Nanotechnology Research Center.
“Our measurements show that graphene nanoribbons have a current carrying capacity of more than 10^8 amps per square centimeter, while a handful of them exceed 10^9 amps per square centimeter,” Murali said. “This makes them very robust in resisting electromigration and should greatly improve chip reliability.”
Electromigration is a phenomenon that causes transport of material, especially at high current density. In on-chip interconnects, this eventually leads to a break in the wire, which results in chip failure. https://www.graphene-info.com/graph...-capacity-about-thousand-times-greater-copper
so basically we need to wait for pure graphene cables now? or maybe graphene copper silver gold palladium mix haha

Feb 8, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #685 of 1,874

What ChrisOc pointed out I also will chime in. These 8 core silver cables is for real. I know it may seem hard to believe you can get a pure silver cable for that cheap but I did a review for the NiceHCK version and tested that cable out aganist much higher end pure silver cables and just going on performance wise. It is the real deal. No faking real silver and what it does for sound. So might as well save some money and grab yourself one of these to try out.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...0o.store_home.productList_103909896.subject_3

This is my read about this cable. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-litzps-pro.24889/ There is a independent chemical lab results with a certificate I posted on the read here that proves these cables are 99.998% pure silver.

Kbear and NiceHCK uses the same OEM that makes these cables. I own both the Kbear and NicehCK version of the 4 cored Litz pure silver ones and they both ended up being exactly the same cable. I am very certain both their 8 core versions are the same cables here as well.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #687 of 1,874
I have the universal MEST. I like using UPOCC cables on them. Otherwise higher end copper cables. MEST can sound a bit edgy due to ample treble response and detailed nature of their sound signature better pure copper cables gives excellent detail but ends up making the MEST sound a bit smoother and accentuates the mids and bass ends a touch making them more engaging to listen to imo. Several options. I recently bought a used EA Eros 2 8 cored UPOCC and matches well but I also like something like these for a bit cheaper. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001022119240.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.46.486b7854BMftcZ KBEAR has these which are very similar/ could be the same exact cable as KBEAR and NiceHCK seem to use the same OEM https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...0o.store_home.productList_103909896.subject_5 Excellent for the price and performs just as good as my EROS II for not even half the price.

Feb 8, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #688 of 1,874
I'll weigh in as well. I dont think you need to spend anywhere near $200 to $500 to get an outstanding pure silver litz. Funny enough I was chatting privately with another member and here's what came of that discussion - if you're interested.

As you know the subject of cables is a hotly debated one with as many opinions as there are choices! The first thing I'll say is that unless the stock cable is complete garbage, cable upgrades in general only provide marginal gains and some IEMs will demonstrate larger shifts in sound than others while some may not be affected at all.
Having said that different conductors do have different characteristics. Copper is known to be warmer. That doesn't mean it will take a bright cold iem and make it warm, it means that it will bring a bit of warmth or accentuate warmth. Silver is know to be bright. Again that doesn't mean it will take a dull, lifeless or overly warm iem and make it bright, it means that it will help accentuate the bright characteristics of an iem. A perfect example is what I wrote in the Mid Priced IEM Cable Thread. I popped a pure silver litz cable on my fusions and it brought forward the capabilities of the magnetostatic treble driver. It took beautiful treble and gave it a touch more presence. It did not fundamentally change the fusions. I hope that makes sense. One more thing; your player puts out its signal as an electrical current. The cable transmits that signal over to the IEM. So there are factors that affect the sound here too. The number of cores, the electrical resistance and the type of plug. Think about it, you could have a pure silver cable where the plug is copper, so the signal has to pass through the copper before it ever gets to the silver and then it passed back through whatever material the the MMCX or 2 Pin is made from.....

OK, I think that gives some context. Now as for your question, its very wide open. To answer "what is the best cable under $200" is really hard to answer per se because I dont know what kind of sound you want and what type of IEM you're going into BUT I really dont think you need to spend $200 to get an outstanding cable. My 3 best scores in the last few months has been an 8 Core Pure Silver Litz Cable from Nice HCK and I paid $40 for it. The 2nd one was the Graphene I picked up from XINHS on AliExpress. What I like about that cable is that it is Silver Plated OCC Copper with a graphene coating. Graphene is an amazing material. It's light weight, high strength and has tremendous conductivity. I've got a very high end Road Bicycle and I've got several graphene components on it. What I noticed with the graphene was that it kept all the detail and resolution of the planar in my EDP but it also brought a bit of weight to the bottom end. Again, it didn't change the nature of the IEM it gave a subtle shift.

So what does that mean? If I were to give you my advice on the Best Cable Under $200 Why dont you write to XIN HS and pick up a pure silver litz (they have 4 core listed but if you ask for 8 core, he'll make for you) and do the same with the the 4 Core Graphene they have listed. If you want 8 core just ask for it. You can get both cables for under $100 and it will give you a nice taste of the difference and leave you with $100 to play with. Tell him holsen from Head-Fi Canada sent you and he'll give you a little discount.

Of course you can spend a couple hundred bucks elsewhere and part of what you're going to pay for (in my opinion) is the brand name and the jewelry effect. Some of those cables are real pretty, but pretty doesn't (necessarily) sound better.

Now, I'm not saying that there aren't expensive cables that have been engineered with a cocktail of materials to optimize impedance, balance tonal properties etc, I'm just saying that if you're dipping you foot into the pool and want to figure out your preference while experiencing the differences between the two primary cable material in a high quality cable, you CAN do it affordablely. And sure, we can expand this dissertation and get into other materials like gold, palladium, etc and the effects on the sound signature.... but this is enough for now....

I'm in the professional development and sales / customer service training business and I always teach that people buy emotionally but justify rationally. If you spend several hundred or several thousand dollars on a pretty cable you bought because of the emotional satisfaction it brought (and there's nothing wrong with that) you're likely to also justify how great it sounds too...... Anyway, just my thoughts; I hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #689 of 1,874
What ChrisOc pointed out I also will chime in. These 8 core silver cables is for real. I know it may seem hard to believe you can get a pure silver cable for that cheap but I did a review for the NiceHCK version and tested that cable out aganist much higher end pure silver cables and just going on performance wise. It is the real deal. No faking real silver and what it does for sound. So might as well save some money and grab yourself one of these to try out.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...0o.store_home.productList_103909896.subject_3

This is my read about this cable. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-litzps-pro.24889/ There is a independent chemical lab results with a certificate I posted on the read here that proves these cables are 99.998% pure silver.

Kbear and NiceHCK uses the same OEM that makes these cables. I own both the Kbear and NicehCK version of the 4 cored Litz pure silver ones and they both ended up being exactly the same cable. I am very certain both their 8 core versions are the same cables here as well.
Thanks for the recommendation, I purchased that NiceHCK 8 core cable. Will be interesting to compare it to the 4 core Linsoul EST litz cable I'm using.

Feb 9, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #690 of 1,874
So this cable here would be the copper equivalent to the pure silver litz cables sold by NiceHCK.

1612907539195.png
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001585790927.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.54.22bc61c6admY4M

I asked Jim of NiceHCK if he can make an 8 core version of this. I tested this particular cable and in deed these are higher purity copper cables something equivalent to OCC or UPOCC copper cables. These cost less than a $20 spot and are much better than you would imagine for a cheapo cable. I know this thread deals with some of the more expensive cables out there but hey who don't want to save some money for a good deal on a good copper cable.

Where something like this cable here would play well is for your all multi BA earphones. I do like me a higher end copper cable for all BA earphones. Copper here tends to smooth out that BA timbre a touch and adds some musical warmth to otherwise digital sounding multi BA sets. Worth looking into a set or two for your neutral bright sounding earphones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back