Mid priced IEM cables thread.
Mar 31, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #31 of 1,865
Hi there,

Can someone help me finding a cable with the following (mandatory) criteria:

- High braid quality
- USD 500 max
- Recessed 2pin (premium quality with firm fit)
- Copper only
- Ear hooks

I am looking for direct sale via boutique's official website.

Thanks, merci, grazie, danke, obrigado, arigato, gracias and byebye
i'm trying effect audio vogue series now, and, although i've not tried it, effect audio Ares II+ could be a very good contender. multi-size stranded up-occ copper litz 22awg.
you can select the 2pin plugs you need. it marks all the ticks.
https://www.effectaudio.com/ares-ii-967.html

Mar 31, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #32 of 1,865
Mar 31, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #34 of 1,865
yea, of course my actual favorite copper cable, number 171 of my list
Of course it is [smacks forehead]....I'm no good with numbers. I do have the 175 though. My favourite cable for my IEMs bar none.

Mar 31, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #35 of 1,865
I am at home for 3 weeks which was most definitely needed so I am catching up on reviews I have been meaning to do. This is my take on the ISN CU4.
1585680025315.png
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/isn-cu4-iem-cables.24291/

Apr 1, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #36 of 1,865
i'm trying effect audio vogue series now, and, although i've not tried it, effect audio Ares II+ could be a very good contender. multi-size stranded up-occ copper litz 22awg.
you can select the 2pin plugs you need. it marks all the ticks.
https://www.effectaudio.com/ares-ii-967.html

Hi, hakuzen. Could you please give your opinions on Effect audio vogue series compare to EA cable ? Thank you.
I'm looking a new cable for my IER-Z1R. My friends suggest to try Eros II+ but I don't want to spend that kind of money. Want to try EA but they don't have occ silver cable (not occ silver plated).

Apr 2, 2020 at 1:58 AM Post #37 of 1,865
Hi, hakuzen. Could you please give your opinions on Effect audio vogue series compare to EA cable ? Thank you.
I'm looking a new cable for my IER-Z1R. My friends suggest to try Eros II+ but I don't want to spend that kind of money. Want to try EA but they don't have occ silver cable (not occ silver plated).
i've just measured them and took some photos, but haven't compared to electro acousti cables yet

Apr 5, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #38 of 1,865
Okay, I'll bite. I just upgraded my HD-650s to Corpse Gravedigger cables, and they're awesome. I'm now looking for something to improve my CA Andromedas. I'd happily buy from Corpse again, but they seem to be HP-focused, not IEM.

Any recommendations to meet the following specs?
  • MMCX and Pentaconn terminated
  • Mostly listen to classic rock or 80s/90s rock (Skynyrd, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, GnR among my faves)
  • Sometimes I'm in the mood for instrumental stuff and like classical or even jazz
  • Mostly listening through Tidal Hi-Fi or Amazon Music HD
  • Source is iBasso DX228
  • Interested in supporting an American cable maker if possible
  • Would like to stay under the $300 price point, but have some wiggle room
Thanks!

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #39 of 1,865
[1] This thread will be dedicated to cables that are above the magical $100 range in cables. As requested from the guys on the budget thread. Cables in the $100 plus range provides higher end materials and workmanship that bring a bit of the higher end flavor to cables, budget cables don't quite provide.
[2] Budget cables has the absolute best value but for guys that requires a bit more sonically/ aesthetically this thread is for you.

1. Shouldn't this thread be titled "Mid priced cables thread"? I'm not sure there's even such a thing as a mid-fi cable, because:

2. "Guys that require a bit more sonically" are out of luck, as there is no audible improvement in fidelity/sonics (assuming an appropriate type and gauge "cheap" cable). There is or can be a significant difference in aesthetics though.

G

Apr 6, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #40 of 1,865
1. Shouldn't this thread be titled "Mid priced cables thread"? I'm not sure there's even such a thing as a mid-fi cable, because:

2. "Guys that require a bit more sonically" are out of luck, as there is no audible improvement in fidelity/sonics (assuming an appropriate type and gauge "cheap" cable). There is or can be a significant difference in aesthetics though.

G
You make a good point. Thread headliner changed.

Apr 8, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #41 of 1,865
Apr 8, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #43 of 1,865
AD4AC5CD-DCC3-49B1-8D7E-62627D29EBB7.jpeg

PW Audio No.5

This cable costs $178. It is a 26awg copper litz that offers a warm sound. It brings a bit of emphasis to the mids and bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back