Mid Fi - General chat for all discussions and general chat a Thread for all.
May 22, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #391 of 439
I own a SeeAudio Neko that came with an Effect Audio Cable like this new IEM. It is honestly one of the worst cables I've ever used and I wish I could replace it, but I can't find another cable that will stay in the 2pin connectors.
What don't you like about the Cadmus cable? If it's the way it handles, I recommend contacting EA and getting a quote on upgrading your 4w EA cable into an 8w. Their 8w cables are thicker and heavier, but they handle way better for some reason. They don't tangle and have memory kinks like their 4w cables.

Last October, EA had a Halloween promotion where they could upgrade your 4w EA cable into an 8w cable so I sent in my copper 4w Ares S to be combined with a 4w Cadmus. This franken-cable is still one of my favorites.

1716425799672.png

May 22, 2024 at 9:31 PM Post #392 of 439
What don't you like about the Cadmus cable? If it's the way it handles, I recommend contacting EA and getting a quote on upgrading your 4w EA cable into an 8w. Their 8w cables are thicker and heavier, but they handle way better for some reason. They don't tangle and have memory kinks like their 4w cables.

Last October, EA had a Halloween promotion where they could upgrade your 4w EA cable into an 8w cable so I sent in my copper 4w Ares S to be combined with a 4w Cadmus. This franken-cable is still one of my favorites.

1716425799672.png
My cable has terrible memory and I've been completely unable to get it back into its original shape. I'm unable to screw swappable terminations in all the way although for whatever reason they still work (the threads seem have been been stripped). The cable overall in my opinion looks and feels like someone wanted to create a premium looking product and then cheaped out on all the materials. I won't say anything in terms of sound quality as I'm pretty firmly in the camp that cables don't do much of anything in that regard.

As I mentioned I've also been unable to replace the cable with a new one due to the 2 pin connector being seemingly stretched out. Any other 2 pin cable will slide out with a bit of jostling. I'm not sure if that was caused by the cable or if it is due to an issue on SeeAudio's side. I appreciate your suggestion to upgrade to the 8W, but I'm not a terribly big fan of thick cables and I just want to be rid of the thing.

May 23, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #393 of 439
Talking about cables; Any recommendations for longer IEM cables? I use my IEM's a lot at the PC, and often I feel the stock cables are too short. Need about 30-50cm more than what is stock for the Letshouer S12 Pro and Tanchjim Origin.
It's great if they look nice, but I'm not looking to spend hundreds of dollars on a cable :wink:

May 23, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #394 of 439
Talking about cables; Any recommendations for longer IEM cables? I use my IEM's a lot at the PC, and often I feel the stock cables are too short. Need about 30-50cm more than what is stock for the Letshouer S12 Pro and Tanchjim Origin.
It's great if they look nice, but I'm not looking to spend hundreds of dollars on a cable :wink:
If you message Xhins they often make you up a length of choice for not a lot off money.

May 23, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #395 of 439

I had XINHS custom make a couple of 500mm long female to male extension cables for just this application. Get hold of them on Ali Express and got to the message option in the app and let them know what you want. Always top service and good products.

May 23, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #396 of 439
IEM don’t need to be expensive or the latest and greatest to sound good.

Just bought the Final Audio E5000 to try something different and am enjoying them. Very smooth with realistic timbre. A nice change from more detail oriented modern IEMs.

They require ridiculous amounts of power for their size, iFi Diablo isn’t overkill. Sounding great off Astell and Kern PA10 today.

IMG_0444.jpeg

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #397 of 439
Tonight I'm enjoying the iBasso 3T-154 with the Xhins Bright/dark 8w copper cable on the Sony Zx707 uncapped and it's damn fine, incredible stage really 3D. While I wait for my hype train Elysian Pilgrim to arrive. Will be reporting back how it performs. Hoping it's a bullet train and not Thomas the tank engine.

May 23, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #398 of 439
IEM don’t need to be expensive or the latest and greatest to sound good.

Just bought the Final Audio E5000 to try something different and am enjoying them. Very smooth with realistic timbre. A nice change from more detail oriented modern IEMs.

They require ridiculous amounts of power for their size, iFi Diablo isn’t overkill. Sounding great off Astell and Kern PA10 today.

IMG_0444.jpeg
I've heard quite a bit about the Final Audio E5000 must try them out some time

May 24, 2024 at 4:27 AM Post #399 of 439
The other guys mentioned Xinhs already but IvipQ is also an option if you find a nicer looking cable there.
Quality for both is fairly similar, I read a rumor they are made in the same factory. But to me it seems IvipQ has a bit better prices for some stuff.

May 25, 2024 at 3:59 AM Post #400 of 439
Tonight I'm enjoying the iBasso 3T-154 with the Xhins Bright/dark 8w copper cable on the Sony Zx707 uncapped and it's damn fine, incredible stage really 3D. While I wait for my hype train Elysian Pilgrim to arrive. Will be reporting back how it performs. Hoping it's a bullet train and not Thomas the tank engine.
After not hearing the 3T for a few days and just having been switching back and forth between Aehta and DTE900 for a while you made me remember and grab for the 3T once again. And - as always - it immediately clicked with my brain and doesn't stop to amaze me. Such an enjoyable listen with it's incredible technicalities and imaging given it's price tag and single DD configuration. Have meanwhile hooked it up to a Penon Leo +...

May 25, 2024 at 7:58 AM Post #401 of 439
Would you compare 3T-154 with Shozy P20?

May 25, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #402 of 439
May 25, 2024 at 8:21 PM Post #403 of 439
This is for the cable believers out there of which I am one. Next time there's an Aliexpress sale on Nicehck cables the DragonScale is a superb match with the IMR ACOUSTICs Elan+ a DD+BC+Ba adding a more spacious stage and reinforcing and tightening bass. It may be the least ergonomic cable ever made. Stiffer than a tree branch but boy the sound synergy with the Elan+ is superb.
The price of $400 when not on sale is a bit steep but the sale price of $100 is well worth it. There are 2 versions of this cable the new version has the pithy name of DragonScale 11. While mine is the OG DragonScale. Stiff as a snake with Rigamortus but sound improvements are really worth the cable wrangling.
Screenshot_20240526_010847_AliExpress.jpg

May 26, 2024 at 12:20 AM Post #404 of 439
Nice to see people enjoying the 3T-154 here, its such a pitty they didnt send it out to the usual shills and as such its gone really under the radar. One interesting thing Ive learnt from tip rolling is that it benefits alot from TWS tips as for some reason there is a very tight sweet spot for the imaging and other full size tips collaspes the soundstage.
After not hearing the 3T for a few days and just having been switching back and forth between Aehta and DTE900 for a while you made me remember and grab for the 3T once again. And - as always - it immediately clicked with my brain and doesn't stop to amaze me. Such an enjoyable listen with it's incredible technicalities and imaging given it's price tag and single DD configuration. Have meanwhile hooked it up to a Penon Leo +...
What I find amazing is that the 3T is able to outperform so many 300usd hybrids and how how "unforgiving" it is but not punishing at all letting me listen to some of the most mono compressed music, enjoy the micro details of well recorded songs and have the saperation 6 layers deap in brickwall j-edm(which is a misnomer imo since its designed for headphone and rythem games)

The only maybe issue is maybe that it doesnt hold the body longer than the song dictates which can potentially make it sound dry. Also its so sensitive that it can potentially play the noise floor when nothing is playing on more noisy tube amps.

Tbh personally I feel that the 3T-154 is competing in the 500usd range and is way undervalued.

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 6:21 AM Post #405 of 439
This is for the cable believers out there of which I am one. Next time there's an Aliexpress sale on Nicehck cables the DragonScale is a superb match with the IMR ACOUSTICs Elan+ a DD+BC+Ba adding a more spacious stage and reinforcing and tightening bass. It may be the least ergonomic cable ever made. Stiffer than a tree branch but boy the sound synergy with the Elan+ is superb.
The price of $400 when not on sale is a bit steep but the sale price of $100 is well worth it. There are 2 versions of this cable the new version has the pithy name of DragonScale 11. While mine is the OG DragonScale. Stiff as a snake with Rigamortus but sound improvements are really worth the cable wrangling.
Agreed it is a good cable, but the challenge is real regarding ergonomics. I don't have the one that says OG.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back