Mid Fi - General chat for all discussions and general chat a Thread for all.
May 26, 2024 at 6:37 AM Post #406 of 439
Agreed it is a good cable, but the challenge is real regarding ergonomics. I don't have the one that says OG.
OG = Original Gangsta i.e the first version

May 26, 2024 at 6:47 AM Post #407 of 439
OG = Original Gangsta i.e the first version
I understand OG; I was merely stating I have the one that doesn't say that, so it must be the 2nd version. It is still unwieldy but sounds good.

May 26, 2024 at 8:58 AM Post #408 of 439
I understand OG; I was merely stating I have the one that doesn't say that, so it must be the 2nd version. It is still unwieldy but sounds good.
Not sure if serious?? "OG" is just internet shorthand borrowed from the language of '90s hip-hop. It won't actually have the letters "OG" printed on it!

May 26, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #410 of 439
Not sure if serious?? "OG" is just internet shorthand borrowed from the language of '90s hip-hop. It won't actually have the letters "OG" printed on it!
Lol...on my order receipt, holy smokes, not looking on my cable.

May 28, 2024 at 8:53 PM Post #411 of 439
What everyone got incoming?
I'm waiting on the Elysian Pilgrim
TRN Medusa ( cos it looks funky)
And ISN Neo5
A real spread of sound signatures if the graphs are to be believed.

Being an Acoustune fan boy I have a few pentacon cables so will be cable rolling the Pilgrim to see if they steps up in performance Excited to see if this admittedly beautiful iem lives up to the hype.

The TRN Medusa I'll just be happy if it plays music lol.

The ISN NEO5 is promising to scratch my basshead tendencies so also very excited for this too.

May 28, 2024 at 10:29 PM Post #413 of 439
I don't wait anything. I can't stop listening to SLT6 - it gets better over time. It needs quality amplifier. Hiby R5-II + Cayin RU7 + Topping NX7 + Penon Totem adapter + SLT6 = excellent resolution, dynamic, details, timbre... Quite versatile IEM for any music styles. Just maybe a bit brighter than I prefer.

Last edited:
May 29, 2024 at 2:58 AM Post #414 of 439
Mega 5EST! Been waiting so long for this one. It's in the country now, and should arrive today, but the tracking shows no update :frowning2:

May 29, 2024 at 3:06 AM Post #415 of 439
Mega 5EST! Been waiting so long for this one. It's in the country now, and should arrive today, but the tracking shows no update :frowning2:
Would love to hear about your impressions!

I just traded my Goldplanar GL-AMT16 for the Dunu Mirai, two divise IEMs. :D Excited to try them out.

May 29, 2024 at 7:04 AM Post #416 of 439
What everyone got incoming?

THis:
SASH TRES.png

SASH Tres is shipped, I'm excited to hear it...

Cheers!

May 30, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #417 of 439
20240530_173458~2.jpg

20240530_173225~2.jpg
20240530_173942~2.jpg

Today is a good day

May 31, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #418 of 439
20240530_173211~2.jpg

I've been hating big time on the Elysian Pilgrim having splashed $400 and really regretting the purchase. Then I put Coreir brass tips on them turns out it's another stubby nozzle iem that need deep fitting. iI now sounds fantastic I must have tried 15 type of tips with no success then boom warm bassy organic smooth sound signature worthy of the hype.

When are manufacturers going to stop with the stubby nozzles. The large diameter on the Pilgrim works in its favour to keep the Coreir tips on when removing from ear too so that's a positive too.

Recent culprits of the stubby nozzle blight
NICEHCK HIMALAYA (AT LEAST YOU COULD SWAP FOR LONGER ONES)
TMSR X

So a message to iem designers out there stop the stubby!

May 31, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #419 of 439
1717210673725.png

Recently pulled out the fiio FH5S to try tip and cable rolling. Tbh after putting on the corrier Aluminum tips and kbear ST20 I would say its been alivated to a much higher plane. I donno why they used their SPC cable as stock as that was super preakly and it was way ahead of its time as hard foam was the best compromise back then but now with dunu S&S and Corrier Al it has very smooth treble but without sacifising any detail.

One downside unlike the FD7 is that this iem is decently open which means it doesnt isolate that much.

Jun 1, 2024 at 5:26 AM Post #420 of 439

I've been hating big time on the Elysian Pilgrim having splashed $400 and really regretting the purchase. Then I put Coreir brass tips on them turns out it's another stubby nozzle iem that need deep fitting. iI now sounds fantastic I must have tried 15 type of tips with no success then boom warm bassy organic smooth sound signature worthy of the hype.

When are manufacturers going to stop with the stubby nozzles. The large diameter on the Pilgrim works in its favour to keep the Coreir tips on when removing from ear too so that's a positive too.

Recent culprits of the stubby nozzle blight
NICEHCK HIMALAYA (AT LEAST YOU COULD SWAP FOR LONGER ONES)
TMSR X

So a message to iem designers out there stop the stubby!

At least the (good) reviewers should make this aspect clear ( I haven't followed reviews of pilgrim, just going with your struggle with eartips).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back