MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device
Jul 6, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #2,552 of 2,609
I haven’t. I checked the site and saw the two they had used were sold.
Could you be put on a contact / first dibs list with LTA?

Jul 6, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #2,554 of 2,609
The MicroZOTL 2 pairs fabulously well with the Verite Closed. I own both and have commented on this thread and even more extensively (I think) on the Verite Closed thread. And yes, smooth detailed high end, plenty of low tight bass, great transient attack. To my ears, the sound approaches perfection in terms of a headphone system.

Jul 6, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #2,556 of 2,609
The MicroZOTL 2 pairs fabulously well with the Verite Closed. I own both and have commented on this thread and even more extensively (I think) on the Verite Closed thread. And yes, smooth detailed high end, plenty of low tight bass, great transient attack. To my ears, the sound approaches perfection in terms of a headphone system.
And the Atrium! I wish I had my VC still to try on the MZ2, I can imagine it's stellar. I love how natural and effortless the MZ2/Atrium combo is. And as of today I'll be listening on my own MZ2! :) After a delay by FedEx I have my own unit in my possession. No more begging my friend for his haha.

Jul 8, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #2,559 of 2,609
Thanks guys- I contacted LTA about trade-ins. I'll keep an eye on their website. They do list trade-ins for sale on social media, but I don't do Facebook or Instagram.

If any of you guys know of an MZ2 for sale in the US, please let me know. I'll check the classifieds here (maybe put in a WTB ad), Hi-Fi Shark, etc.

Jul 9, 2022 at 5:52 AM Post #2,560 of 2,609
I've been a lurker on this thread for a while now and I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop the mulah for a MZ2 in a couple of months (Need to move apartment first, expense after expense aha).
I saw that a few people had used the Mojo Illuminati lps with the MZ2 to great success and was wondering if anyone else had used a different lps, other than the LTA lps+, that had worked well?

Jul 9, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #2,561 of 2,609
I've been a lurker on this thread for a while now and I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop the mulah for a MZ2 in a couple of months (Need to move apartment first, expense after expense aha).
I saw that a few people had used the Mojo Illuminati lps with the MZ2 to great success and was wondering if anyone else had used a different lps, other than the LTA lps+, that had worked well?
Looks like the Mojo supplies are out of stock and "on hold" for a while. I would get LTA's LPS and spend money on rolling some NOS tubes :wink:

Better yet, try to find their preamp on the used market. It is an advanced version of their MZ2 and also has a headphone output. LPS is built in.

"Due to overwhelming demand for our Mystique DACs, we are delaying production of our Illuminati power supplies."

Jul 9, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #2,562 of 2,609
Guys, please let me know your thoughts:

I placed a WTB ad on the classifieds and someone maybe offering me a first-run MZ2 (serial less than 100). Any upgrades to the newer/more recent versions? Power supply? I believe this older model does not have the internal jumpers for switching 6sn7 & 12sn7. Curious on opinions of the older models.

Jul 9, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #2,563 of 2,609
• You should ask LTA. They should be able to tell you if changes were made to MZ2 with respect to 6SN7 / 12SN7: especially if you relay that narrow serial # range.
• FYI, when I initially looked at MZ3, there were jumper slots for use depending on the choice of 6SN7 / 12SN7. A year plus later, when I purchased / received the MZ3, a slider switch was on the pcb to accommodate the choice.

Jul 9, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #2,564 of 2,609
Looks like the Mojo supplies are out of stock and "on hold" for a while. I would get LTA's LPS and spend money on rolling some NOS tubes :wink:

Better yet, try to find their preamp on the used market. It is an advanced version of their MZ2 and also has a headphone output. LPS is built in.

"Due to overwhelming demand for our Mystique DACs, we are delaying production of our Illuminati power supplies."
Thanks for the response!
Yeah you're probably right, especially since the LPS+ was designed with the MZ2 in mind.
Interesting about the preamp, I was aware of it of course but for some reason never thought to scour the used market for one - an interesting idea.

Jul 9, 2022 at 11:54 PM Post #2,565 of 2,609
ZMF Auteur with LTA MZ3 (close!) is one of my favourite combinations! OTL / transients performance 😄:C400F456-3E63-4AE7-AEEF-B87375AE8EEB.jpeg
How come your PSU's power switch is on the front? Is that a standard MZ3 psu?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back