MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device
May 4, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #2,356 of 2,609
Just tried the Russian 6N8S Metal Base tubes (replacing the TS 6SN7GTB). These tubes are so much better. The harshness has gone and the sound is so much more natural. Very happy with them.

I am selling this pair. I bought them new from Mojo Audio and I have used them for a maximum of 30-40 hours. PM me if interested.

Compared to the stock Tung Sol 6SN7GTB, there is a lot more detail but the sound is more natural. The soundstage has really opened up with them especially in depth.

May 26, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #2,358 of 2,609
I am considering selling my Mojo Audio upgraded Micro Zotl and Illuminati power supply. Please PM me if interested.

Just curious. What amp are you looking at as a replacement? Love my ZOTL, but always curious about what else is out there.

Did you list it in the classifieds here?

May 26, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #2,360 of 2,609
I have put an interest check in the classifieds. Not 100% I even want to sell but thinking of the Devialet Ensemble package.

I prefer the stock Micro Zotl 2 to the Balancing Act which I used to have.

That a no joke system, hopefully you can keep the ZOTL in the process. Expensive hobby with limited resources for most, even the high end stuff. Hope you end up happy with whichever way you decide.

I'm lucky my 2 channel system was finished when I started the Headphone game. Now my ZOTL makes Headphones and my 2 channel system better simultaneously.

May 26, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #2,362 of 2,609
I have to try the ZOTL as a preamp one of these days. I have the Mojo upgraded ZOTL, but still using the LTA LPS.
Have everything to do it, but just haven't gotten around to it.
Love it with my HE-1000 v2, though.

May 27, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #2,363 of 2,609
I have to try the ZOTL as a preamp one of these days. I have the Mojo upgraded ZOTL, but still using the LTA LPS.
Have everything to do it, but just haven't gotten around to it.
Love it with my HE-1000 v2, though.

I think you'd really enjoy the sound and how easy it is to access music from a PC. I run heavy duty RCA cables to my 2 channel system (15' cable run). My ZOTL sits next to me on my couch (along with all my headphone gear). So from my couch I can control my PC music and the ZOTL really makes a nice sound difference versus using my Pioneer Elite SC-72 alone. I run the ZOTL at slightly less than half volume into CD RCA inputs. Really cool feature if you use it. Think you'd enjoy it immensely Doc. Just another great option for music playback.

May 27, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #2,364 of 2,609
After careful thought, I have decided to sell and will do a very good price for anyone interested. Never seen an upgraded ZOTL or Illuminati come up for sale before.

There's a local hifi dealer who knows the Micro Zotl and is interested. if it doesn't move soon, I will pay him a visit and see what he has for trade.

May 27, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #2,365 of 2,609
After careful thought, I have decided to sell and will do a very good price for anyone interested. Never seen an upgraded ZOTL or Illuminati come up for sale before.

There's a local hifi dealer who knows the Micro Zotl and is interested. if it doesn't move soon, I will pay him a visit and see what he has for trade.

Good luck! Audio Nirvana is different for everyone and hopefully your next move puts a huge smile on your face. Go check out the dealer anyway to see what he may have. Always fun demoing new gear!

May 28, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #2,366 of 2,609
Thank you. I would prefer to give someone here a good deal. The dealer who's interested is the same one where i first heard the micro Zotl and was blown away. I was about to ask if he would be interested in a trade in and he received a call right then offering his full asking price.

Jun 21, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #2,367 of 2,609
Thank you. I would prefer to give someone here a good deal. The dealer who's interested is the same one where i first heard the micro Zotl and was blown away. I was about to ask if he would be interested in a trade in and he received a call right then offering his full asking price.

Have you posted a for sale thread here on HF yet? I have read your saga in the other MZ thread and will certainly give your ad a boost.

I live near LTA and own an MZ2+ and a Z10. This gear is a bargain at its price.

A couple of other options are Audiogon or finding someone with a stock unit to make a trade for. With the difference in cash you could get a Schiit DAC and have a very satisfying system.

Jun 21, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #2,368 of 2,609
Thank you Mourip. I have now traded it in with a local dealer. I agree the Micro Zotl is a great amp. I have got to demo the COS Engineering H1 amp/dac and decided to go for it. It's a very different sound to the MZ2.

Jun 21, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #2,369 of 2,609
Thank you Mourip. I have now traded it in with a local dealer. I agree the Micro Zotl is a great amp. I have got to demo the COS Engineering H1 amp/dac and decided to go for it. It's a very different sound to the MZ2.

Great. Hope that it works out well for you. Sorry about your experience as described in the other thread.

I think that most folks will be well served by dealing directly with LTA for upgrades and tweaks. They are great to work with, flexible regarding customization, and always looking for ways to improve their own products.

Jun 21, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #2,370 of 2,609
Great. Hope that it works out well for you. Sorry about your experience as described in the other thread.

I think that most folks will be well served by dealing directly with LTA for upgrades and tweaks. They are great to work with, flexible regarding customization, and always looking for ways to improve their own products.

Thank you! LTA have been absolutely great and gone above and beyond with their service.

My upgrades were with Mojo Audio. It's very disappointing that it's come to this (per the other thread). I tried to give a balanced view of my experience but at no point was I told to upgrade my source first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back