MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device
Nov 15, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #2,101 of 2,609

And punch the mZ2 with a pair of 6SN7W and 7062 tubes and even higher you go. An excellent, excellent value that many would have had to pay 4 to 5 times as much to get this sound and even then, they may not achieve it. 

... and invest some hundred hours to burn in ...  I found the standard Tungsol 6SN7GTB in combination with the 7062 perfect !

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #2,102 of 2,609
  ... and invest some hundred hours to burn in ...  I found the standard Tungsol 6SN7GTB in combination with the 7062 perfect !

I would agree. Time for everything to settle and some inexpensive tube rolling. Either the 12 or 6 volt model allows for this. 

Dec 1, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #2,103 of 2,609
I'm still enjoying my moderately upgraded microZotl2 (by Mojo Audio) with their Joule v5 power supply, quite sufficient
upgrades for mp3, FLAC and most audio files.  
However, to be honest, I REALLY miss the extreme upgraded microZotl2 that Ben Z from Mojo let me audition with the new Illuminati power supply. That rig was the closest toVinyl performance I have ever heard with better source files.

I just thought some of you would like to know that Mojo Audio appears to have finally caught up with their Illuminati back orders. From 8 weeks lead time down to 1 week now, and they expect to have inventory on the shelves by the end of the year. 
They finally posted photos and specifications on their website: 

http://www.mojo-audio.com/illuminati-power-supply/

There is even a professional review where Karl Sigman awarded the Illuminati "Star Component" on Audiophilia! 

http://www.audiophilia.com/reviews/2016/10/29/mojo-audio-illuminati-power-supply

And Ben's personal extreme upgraded mZ2 and Illuminati that was used in the Audiophilia review is now with wildcatsare1 (Kevin) who will be reviewing it for Headphone List. I hear after Kevin that doctor jazz (Jack) should be receiving

the upgraded microZOTL2 and Illuminati to review it for Headphone Guru. 

From what I understand Kevin and Jack have both an upgraded microZOTL2 and a plug-and-play power cable that mates with their stock microZOTL2s, and they'll be comparing the Illuminati both on their personal microZOTL2s and on Ben's upgraded one. Kevin is listening to it right now so soon he should have something to report.

Happy Listening and Happy Holidays!

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #2,104 of 2,609
It would be interesting to get a illuminati vs LTA LPS+ comparison...

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #2,105 of 2,609
  It would be interesting to get a illuminati vs LTA LPS+ comparison...

While we're happy with the LPS+ being a nice upgrade to the standard LTA LPS, the Mojo Audio power supply is an entirely different thing engineered to fulfill its own goals. We used a few higher quality parts and made small changes that would allow us to get a worthwhile improvement without having to get a new case or add any cost except for the individual parts. 

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #2,108 of 2,609
Bummer. LTA is building my MZ2 with LPS+ and a ZOTL10 as we speak.

I live near their Washington DC store/shop/factory and have been auditioning the MZ2 in my own home for my speaker system. It is a truly remarkable preamp.

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #2,109 of 2,609
  I have a LTA LPS in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Yeah, I have one too that I need to sell. I'll wait until yours is gone before putting mine up for sale :wink: 

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #2,110 of 2,609
Are you guys going for the LPS+ or the Joule/illuminati?
I have the LPS+ and think it is just fine.

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #2,111 of 2,609
What are the options for tube rolling on the MZTL2S?

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #2,113 of 2,609
  Are you guys going for the LPS+ or the Joule/illuminati?
I have the LPS+ and think it is just fine.

I have the Mojo V and the LPS and think the LPS does a fine job. On tubes, there is a huge number you can try. I think a number of them have been mentioned in pages here. 

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #2,114 of 2,609

I have the Mojo V and the LPS and think the LPS does a fine job. On tubes, there is a huge number you can try. I think a number of them have been mentioned in pages here. 

The MZTL2S has a different board and tubes 12V vs 6V if I recall... As the product is not quite old, I guess there has not been a lot of tube rolling on this one.

Dec 6, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #2,115 of 2,609
  Bummer. LTA is building my MZ2 with LPS+ and a ZOTL10 as we speak.

I live near their Washington DC store/shop/factory and have been auditioning the MZ2 in my own home for my speaker system. It is a truly remarkable preamp.

I'd be curious to hear your impressions of the ZOTL10. I have a ZOTL40 and am ecstatic with it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back