Michigan Spring Meet-Up 2013 (APRIL 20TH @ MSU KELLOGG)
Feb 11, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #106 of 334
Parking is one of the points i'm still waiting to have hammered out, but the timeslot, day, and room are locked/reserved for us. Turns out the coordinator I had been communicating with this whole time will not be here by monday next week, so everything is shifting to a different coordinator that I have to re-explain everything to. Personally, based on how up in the air the number of people coming can be I'd say we probably won't use passes. There is a 4 story parking structure attached to the building though and it will by no means be full at 12pm on a Saturday. Maybe getting close by 6pm but never that early. As for price of 5 hours in the parking structure vs passes, I'm going to be discussing that. We also were much better off in the timeslot we chose, as 6pm on usually means wedding receptions + DJ + right above the room on saturdays.

I'll keep posting any developments as they happen. 

Feb 12, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #107 of 334
Payment will go on my credit card 3 days before the event. I'm not going to be desperate for money at that point, so some system could be set up to pay me at the event itself. Parking and little details will not be discussed until 3 weeks before the event, so that's when I'll know which system will be better. The likely cheaper passes would work if I could get a better sense of the overall number of people intending to come. Otherwise paying as you leave might be around $5-$7 for 5 hours? I'm not sure as I've always had an employee pass but I'll try asking around. 

Feb 13, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #108 of 334
Hello Michigan Peeps-

I just found this post and I'd like to come out and play.  Anyone coming from the Detroit area interested in car-pooling? I'm in the Ferndale/Royal Oak 696 area and could meet up.

I'd be willing to bring my toys as well as chipping in $ for food or what-not...

Little Dot_dac1
Headroom Maxed out amp with upgrade mod
Fiio E17 Portable amp/dac
AKG K701
Senn HD600
Ultrasone Pro900
I also have a Maverick Tubemagic Dac1 but I'm having intermittent issues with it, but I know how to "make it behave"
I have some KRK Rokit 6 powered monitors if anyone wanted to hear some minimal system two channel, just add a headphone amp/pre...excellent sounding speakers.

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #109 of 334
At this rate, we might need to see how many people are going so far so we can divvy up the space.

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #110 of 334
Would also help to know the electrical outlet situation. Depending on their availability around the room, we may need extension cords and power strips

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #112 of 334
I'm considering trying to attend this meet.  I live in North Carolina but my wife will be visiting her family near Grand Rapids and I'm planning on driving up there in April to pick her up.  Trying to coordinate with another meet in North Carolina that was also originally scheduled on the 20th but may be moving to the 27th.

If I do attend I can bring the following:

Resonessence Labs Concero DAC
Audio-GD SA-31 amp
AKG K702 65th anniversary edition
Audio Technica ATH-AD2000X
Audio Technica ATH-A900X

I also have a Schiit Magni and Modi but I'm planning on selling them before then.

There is a slight but minute chance that between now and then I may sell the AD2000X and A900X and get something like an HD800 but I'd really like to hear one again first before deciding.  That and the AD2000X is still rather new and somewhat rare and I'd like to give people a chance to hear it.

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #113 of 334
Yeah! I love those helmets!

Here's a 3D Version for you, thank me later!

Tim

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #114 of 334
Phew, boy have I had a week... I'll update the OP with everyone/everything that is coming to the event.

We really need to see how many people are coming so we can: get all the money in order and find out how much snacks everyone is planning on bringing (I'm planning on bringing a big fruit salad, homemade cookies, pastries, etc.).

Everything should come together and make it a fantastic meet!

Feb 14, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #115 of 334
Quote:
I'm considering trying to attend this meet.  I live in North Carolina but my wife will be visiting her family near Grand Rapids and I'm planning on driving up there in April to pick her up.  Trying to coordinate with another meet in North Carolina that was also originally scheduled on the 20th but may be moving to the 27th.

If I do attend I can bring the following:

Resonessence Labs Concero DAC
Audio-GD SA-31 amp
AKG K702 65th anniversary edition
Audio Technica ATH-AD2000X
Audio Technica ATH-A900X

I also have a Schiit Magni and Modi but I'm planning on selling them before then.

There is a slight but minute chance that between now and then I may sell the AD2000X and A900X and get something like an HD800 but I'd really like to hear one again first before deciding.  That and the AD2000X is still rather new and somewhat rare and I'd like to give people a chance to hear it.

Really want to hear the AD2000X, they look quite impressive.

Feb 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #116 of 334
subscribing to this thread.

I could possibly attend this meet also. my sig has everything that I have but I need to update it.

my imetals died and I now have a rockboxed ipod 5.5.

Feb 14, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #117 of 334
Quote:
subscribing to this thread.

I could possibly attend this meet also. my sig has everything that I have but I need to update it.

my imetals died and I now have a rockboxed ipod 5.5.

I'd want to compare stock ah-d2000s to my modded ones. Never had a chance to in the past.

Btw, parking is $1 an hour (so $5) and passes would be around $3 for the whole event. That would be dependent on knowing how many are coming though (although more can be added later). Starting to get the feeling the room might be getting filled up.

Feb 14, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #118 of 334
Heloooooooo
I just saw this thread. 
I can make it to the Lansing area no problem. 
If this meet has an official time & date now, could that be posted on the 1st page? Thanks. 

I can bring: 
HE-500
HD-650
RSA Intruder
Calyx 24/192 DAC 
Macbook
My main amp is still being decided on, but I've got a Woo WA6-SE on order and should have it in about 2 weeks. Hopefully this will be the one. 

Feb 14, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #119 of 334
I would love to show Up, but due to the driving, I won't know until closer if I can actually make it,I may end Up being skiing out west

Users who are viewing this thread

Back