Michigan Spring Meet-Up 2013 (APRIL 20TH @ MSU KELLOGG)
Feb 7, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #76 of 334
Curses. I was planning to sell my denons for lcd2s, but wasn't getting any hits. So I took the denons out of the classified while a hard case is on the way, to guarantee more protection for shipping. So I decided to try a mod on a mod for the denons, which is removing one of the strips of dynamate from the rear driver, and repeatedly denting the hell out of the dynamate in the cup. The purpose of both was to tame the highs a bit more. I also added some easy to remove foam to do the same thing. 

Result: Dammit. Dammit all. These sound better than ever now. Curses. Massive Curses.

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #77 of 334
Also, as everyone seems ok with the 20th of april I was intending to lock it in on Friday with the coordinator.

Now I either need a quick way to get cash or to sell the denons...

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #78 of 334
Also, as everyone seems ok with the 20th of april I was intending to lock it in on Friday with the coordinator.

Now I either need a quick way to get cash or to sell the denons...

If you don't mind giving PMing me with your real name and institutional edu email address so I can contact you that way and verify your identity (sorry, nothing personal), I'd be glad to PayPal gift you $20 now toward the room rental.

Feb 7, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #80 of 334
I don't actually have a MSU edu email (LCC here), and payment for the room occurs after the function has finished/during checkout. Some larger group would put down a deposit, but it isn't necessary. I'm sure it's possible to pay with a handful of cash, but i'll have to check.

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #81 of 334
So, anyone have Mad Dogs to bring? I'd love to hear those if anyone does. I guess I could bring my Plantronics 780 GameCom. Although it's developing distortion in the left speaker.

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #82 of 334
Hope to be there!

I'll be bringing:

KOSS Pro/4AAA
Pioneer SE-500 and SE-700
Beyerdynamic DT1350
Sony MDR-SA3000
Open Pandora (my portable solution)
AudioQuest Dragonfly

I can bring any of my other headphones if it's desired. Check my profile.

I would love to see any or all of the following headphones there:

Senn. HD800
Senn. HD700
Audeze LCD-2
KOSS ESP-950
HiFiMAN HE-500
KOSS KDE-250
Audio Technica ATH-AD900X
Denon AH-Dx000
Sansui SS-100
Yamaha HP-1

Can't wait!

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #83 of 334
Quote:
Hope to be there!

I'll be bringing:

KOSS Pro/4AAA
Pioneer SE-500 and SE-700
Beyerdynamic DT1350
Sony MDR-SA3000
Open Pandora (my portable solution)
AudioQuest Dragonfly

I can bring any of my other headphones if it's desired. Check my profile.

I would love to see any or all of the following headphones there:

Senn. HD800
Senn. HD700
Audeze LCD-2
KOSS ESP-950
HiFiMAN HE-500
KOSS KDE-250
Audio Technica ATH-AD900X
Denon AH-Dx000
Sansui SS-100
Yamaha HP-1

Can't wait!

Niiiccee, I've wanted to hear the MDR-SA3000 after reading a meet thread on it. I'm going to have to throw the expected person count out the window it seems. No problem at all
atsmile.gif

Feb 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #84 of 334
The coordinator I've been communicating with had the day off Friday, but I work all next week so she can't dodge me.

Accidental good news. I forgot about tax returns. I will be able to bring both my Denon AH-D2000's and the LCD-2 to the meet now. ( Shameless: and if anyone is interested in buying the denons after hearing them, just speak up and we'll talk)

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #85 of 334
Quote:
The coordinator I've been communicating with had the day off Friday, but I work all next week so she can't dodge me.

Accidental good news. I forgot about tax returns. I will be able to bring both my Denon AH-D2000's and the LCD-2 to the meet now. ( Shameless: and if anyone is interested in buying the denons after hearing them, just speak up and we'll talk)

This...might happen.

Depends on if they can beat my Somic EFi-82 MTs (I love those hideous stallions.) and if I can sell my M50s (probably, seeing as a used pair of M50s goes for just as much as a new pair, and the price has increased recently. The things are recession proof!).

Also, my DBIs busted. Shame, I really enjoyed them. Oh well, that's just more of an excuse to get the Pro 700 that's on eBay right now!

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #86 of 334
Lansing happens to be about the same distance from my school (Ferris State) as it is from my home (Tri Cities), and April 20 is right after my Senior Portfolio Review in Grand Rapids, so it looks like a good possibility that I can attend! If I can find a friend to drag with me, I'm there. 

I could bring the following gear with me, providing I don't have to sell any of it for last minute funding:

Dragonfly USB DAC/AMP
Little Dot I+ hybrid tube amp
Little Dot M+ portable amp (has since been replaced by their PA_V)
Westone 3
VSonic GR07 MK2
Sennheiser HD-598
Fostex T50RP, modded via BMF v8 

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #89 of 334
Quote:
Say, has anyone invited Jude yet?

Jude lives here...? Have I been living under a rock or something?

I invited wualta, but he hasn't responded to me yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back