Michigan Spring Meet-Up 2013 (APRIL 20TH @ MSU KELLOGG)
Feb 10, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #91 of 334
I'll text Jude and pass along an invite. I dropped by the office last week but he was out. There are a few other head-fier in the area too - declinedesign and musicman59. I'll let them know as well.

Also, I am adding the DT1350 to my list of things I'm bringing - just ordered a pair to try.

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #92 of 334
Quote:
I'll text Jude and pass along an invite. I dropped by the office last week but he was out. There are a few other head-fier in the area too - declinedesign and musicman59. I'll let them know as well.

Also, I am adding the DT1350 to my list of things I'm bringing - just ordered a pair to try.

Oh wow, thanks!

So, what gear is everyone excited to hear?

I'm really geeking over the D2K and the 225is.

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #93 of 334
Quote:

I'll bring my DT1350 as well, I want to see if the rumors about variance between units are true.

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #94 of 334
Quote:
Quote:

Oh wow, thanks!

So, what gear is everyone excited to hear?

I'm really geeking over the D2K and the 225is.

I'm losing it over the LCD-2, and your Monitor 10.

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #96 of 334
Quote:
Quote:
I'm losing it over the LCD-2, and your Monitor 10.

Yeah, that LCD-2 looks pretty crazy! Your vintage Pioneer stuff has me pretty hyped too.

I'm excited to get to hear these out of a real amp, I've never used them with anything more powerful than my Dragonfly and I'm certain they're capable of sounding better.

I just wish my SE-500 was in better condition. It works... barely. I had to rewire the cable and reterminate it shortly after receiving it, and even still the left channel cuts out occasionally.

My SE-700 however is pristine. I just disassembled it and cleaned everything (including the piezo films), so it'll be flawless for the meet both cosmetically and sonically.

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #97 of 334
Quote:
I'm excited to get to hear these out of a real amp, I've never used them with anything more powerful than my Dragonfly and I'm certain they're capable of sounding better.

I just wish my SE-500 was in better condition. It works... barely. I had to rewire the cable and reterminate it shortly after receiving it, and even still the left channel cuts out occasionally.

My SE-700 however is pristine. I just disassembled it and cleaned everything (including the piezo films), so it'll be flawless for the meet both cosmetically and sonically.

Great! I am hyped!

I'm thinking about getting a Bravo V3 or an O2, and then there's a $25 Arcatron amp I want to try out (it's from a liquidator on eBay and looks like it came from a record store, so.)

I am hyped to hear that SE-700. Craziness.

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #98 of 334
I ended up purchasing the O2 and ODAC, so I will bring them with me. Perhaps we can setup a comparison between them and the Modi/Magni (I thought someone else mentioned bringing them).

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #100 of 334
Quote:
I ended up purchasing the O2 and ODAC, so I will bring them with me. Perhaps we can setup a comparison between them and the Modi/Magni (I thought someone else mentioned bringing them).

Wonderful. Really want to hear the Objective combo. I greatly admire what NwAvGuy is doing.

Feb 11, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #101 of 334
Mastershake go ahead and add my gear to the list when you get a chance.

CANS:
HE400
HE500
Magnum V4

AMP:
Emotiva Mini X
Hlly MK III(recapped)
Magni

DAC:
Pure i-20
Modi

SOURCE:
I can bring a thorens TD-125 if needed for vinyl.
Or a Marantz UD-5005 for BD/DVD-A/SACD/CD

Feb 11, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #103 of 334
Ok. April the 20th is locked in now for a 12pm - 5pm block. I'd suggest getting to Lansing at around 11:30am and eating before the event. Details for the contract will be given to me in the next day or so, but there shouldn't be any surprises.

Things to bring:
Lots of headphones (If you want to bring speakers, I'm not sure where they'd be set up. There is a lounge area outside Michigame that is quite big.)
Lots of amps/dacs/sources/cds/phones/etc.
Power strips. Each chair will have close access to about 1 or 2 plugs. If you are planning on plugging in more than one thing, bring a power strip. (We do have power strips here, but think ahead)
Ears
Camera, post pics of the meet on Head-Fi

When you get here, look for the sign that says "Head-Fi" and you'll know you're in the right place. The room is located as far away as you can get from the parking structure on the lowest level of the building. (Room is: Michigame) 
L3000.gif

I look forward to seeing you all here!

(Building is the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center on MSUs campus. It's very close to the Breslin Center/walking distance. Website with directions: http://www.kelloggcenter.com/map/map-michigan-state-university-east-lansing-map-kellogg-hotel )

Feb 11, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #104 of 334
Quote:
Ok. April the 20th is locked in now for a 12pm - 5pm block. I'd suggest getting to Lansing at around 11:30am and eating before the event. Details for the contract will be given to me in the next day or so, but there shouldn't be any surprises.

Things to bring:
Lots of headphones (If you want to bring speakers, I'm not sure where they'd be set up. There is a lounge area outside Michigame that is quite big.)
Lots of amps/dacs/sources/cds/phones/etc.
Power strips. Each chair will have close access to about 1 or 2 plugs. If you are planning on plugging in more than one thing, bring a power strip. (We do have power strips here, but think ahead)
Ears
Camera, post pics of the meet on Head-Fi

When you get here, look for the sign that says "Head-Fi" and you'll know you're in the right place. The room is located as far away as you can get from the parking structure on the lowest level of the building. (Room is: Michigame) 
L3000.gif

I look forward to seeing you all here!

(Building is the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center on MSUs campus. It's very close to the Breslin Center/walking distance. Website with directions: http://www.kelloggcenter.com/map/map-michigan-state-university-east-lansing-map-kellogg-hotel )

You. Are. A. Rockstar.

Thank you so much for getting this all set up! It's going to be a blast.

Feb 11, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #105 of 334
Hows parking going to work out? Generally there are almost no areas to park. Does the building have its own parking or do we have to have passes to use it? Or are we going to park like half a mile down the road?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back