Michael Jackson Dead
Jun 25, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #62 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll always remember him as the child front man singing ABC and I'll Be There. RIP Freaky.

Yeah I fondly remember him on Ed Sullivan when everyone was saying the same thing...that kid is dynamite.

Peete.

Jun 25, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #63 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
>TMZ

Sure.

EDIT: Nevermind looks like it's confirmed, but use a more credible link next time.

Dude, the BBC, Sky News and CNN were all using TMZ as a source for this at first since it was the first and only source for quite a while. Lighten up.

Jun 25, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #64 of 213
I was hoping that MJ would bring his tour back to the US for one last tour because I'd have pay anything to experience a MJ concert. I am really sorry to hear of his passing....as they say, way too young. I will be spinning his "Thriller" SACD tonight.

I hope your pain is finally over, MJ. RIP.

Jun 25, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #65 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by karthur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, the BBC, Sky News and CNN were all using TMZ as a source for this at first since it was the first and only source for quite a while. Lighten up.

Eh. I'm with Kona on this one. Knowing TMZ's attitude towards celebrities and news and their generally sensationalist reporting, they are not my source of choice for something like this.

Jun 25, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #66 of 213
Thriller was the jam. I can't think of any other album that was a similarly huge cultural event.

Jun 25, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #67 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eh. I'm with Kona on this one. Knowing TMZ's attitude towards celebrities and news and their generally sensationalist reporting, they are not my source of choice for something like this.

and I quote from watching both the BBC and Sky News - words right out of the presenters mouths "TMZ is accurate and has a long history of breaking these kinds of stories first", "TMZ is the only souce, so it is unconfirmed, but TMZ is a well respected celebrity news site", etc... so you're gonna have a dig at some guy posting this news on Headfi when that is exactly what two of the biggest news organizations in the world are doing? I guess at least it wasn't Fox News...then maybe he'd still be alive.

Jun 26, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #68 of 213
I used to get up in front of my grade 5 class with a friend and perform the whole Thriller routine.
smily_headphones1.gif
RIP Mikey J.

Jun 26, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #71 of 213
Wow, one local radio station here where I live has played some of Michael's songs in which I haven't heard in a very long time. It's been years since I last heard Man In The Mirror or Human Nature.

Jun 26, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #73 of 213
Wow, the news about Farah Fawcett this morning was unfortunate, but was inevitable. There didn't seem to be anything indicating this in the coming...

RIP Michael Jackson

Jun 26, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #74 of 213
Just thought I would throw in my ($0.02) on hearing of Michael Jackson's death. I believe I may have a few feelings about the matter that a few people may have. First of all I was saddened to hear of his death since I am of the same age, I feel he was one of the best musical performers that there was in the last half of the 20th century. And then with the pressures that he had had from a very early age he took on a strange and tragic persona. His death brought to mind something that my brother said to me a few years ago,"if a person is poor and acts strangely they are called mentally ill-if a rich person acts strangely they are said to be eccentric". I will not get into his personal and legal battles that he had through the second half of his life except to say that I hope that Michael has greater peace in death than I believe that he had through most of his life.

Jun 26, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #75 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamemako /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good riddance; too bad he couldn't have died before unleashing such utter **** upon the world.

//EDIT: I'm talking about his "music", not any allegations of whatever.

There's no point for posts like these......I don't understand it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back