Michael Jackson Dead
Jun 26, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #76 of 213
Quote:

Please be respectful and do NOT comment on the more controversial aspects of his legacy.

A bad person doesn't become good just because he dies and he was as bad as they come. He made a few good albums and influenced a lot of other musicians but that's about it. The rest is all hype. I just hope he hasn't screwed up his kids too much.

Jun 26, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #78 of 213
RIP MJ,
I love these posts, I get to see who the a holes are.
and it sure didn't take long.

Jun 26, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #79 of 213
OK, for starters, I'm a 50-something white guy who's always been a musician and broadcaster.

As a young reporter, I interviewed Michael Jackson when he was still with the Jackson 5. He was incredibly nice, and accomodating, with a voice like an 8-year old girl.

Years later, his music on 'Thriller' was amazing, compelling, and new. I loved it. Played 'Billie Jean' top volume with subs pumping.

But later, as he descended into hell, I thought, 'here goes yet another star into the depths of self-annihilation.'

Some stars make it in the long, long run, some don't.

My thoughts?

Yesterday I might have worried about the child-molestation aquittal, about the skin-color-change, about the feminization.

But now he's gone.

So there's never going to be anything more.

To Michael: Thank you for music that rocked me, made me play air drums, made me play air-bass, made me play air-guitar, made me wonder how you moon-walked. made me admire you as an entertainer.

Done.

Jun 26, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #80 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by Singapura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A bad person doesn't become good just because he dies and he was as bad as they come. He made a few good albums and influenced a lot of other musicians but that's about it. The rest is all hype. I just hope he hasn't screwed up his kids too much.

I would hardly say Michael Jackson is as bad as they come. He suffered from a mental illness and was exploited by the media for it. He's as much a victim to me as he is a "criminal"........

Just a reminder.....

There are many many artists in this world who are disturbed and exhibit symptoms but they're not in the media's constant eye and therefore can't be exploited to the same extent. Mourning the death of an artist in a public forum is a place for FANS to memorialize, NOT a place to express disregard for a human being simply because they don't agree with things he was accused of and exploited for.

Anyone remember that book Albert Goldman wrote about John Lennon shortly after Lennon's death? No one's a saint, but with rare exception, I believe the deceased should be left alone.

Jun 26, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #81 of 213
Very sad and tragic. I just began to enjoy his music again and has been playing his album in car more regularly. RIP MJ You are a legend.

Jun 26, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #82 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would hardly say Michael Jackson is as bad as they come. He suffered from a mental illness and was exploited by the media for it. He's as much a victim to me as he is a "criminal"........

Just a reminder.....

There are many many artists in this world who are disturbed and exhibit symptoms but they're not in the media's constant eye and therefore can't be exploited to the same extent. Mourning the death of an artist in a public forum is a place for FANS to memorialize, NOT a place to express disregard for a human being simply because they don't agree with things he was accused of and exploited for.

Anyone remember that book Albert Goldman wrote about John Lennon shortly after Lennon's death? No one's a saint, but with rare exception, I believe the deceased should be left alone.

Agreed.

Jun 26, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #83 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since I have nothing nice to say I will remain silent.

x3. My mother told me if I have nothing nice to say about people, don't say it.

Jun 26, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #84 of 213
Never listened to him but still respect what he did for music.

Jun 26, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #85 of 213
MJ was born the same year as me. This gives me the perfect excuse not to exercise.

Jun 26, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #86 of 213
Very very sad. I am shocked.

He was a legend and he'll be missed.

Gone Too Soon.

Like a comet
Blazing 'cross the evening sky
Gone too soon

Like a rainbow
Fading in the twinkling of an eye
Gone too soon

Shiny and sparkly
And splendidly bright
Here one day
Gone one night

Like the loss of sunlight
On a cloudy afternoon
Gone too soon

Like a castle
Built upon a sandy beach
Gone too soon

Like a perfect flower
That is just beyond your reach
Gone too soon

Born to amuse, to inspire, to delight
Here one day
Gone one night

Like a sunset
Dying with the rising of the moon
Gone too soon
Gone too soon

R.I.P Jacko
frown.gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #87 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonrev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just found this out as well. I'm in some shock because you never really think about someone like Michael Jackson just up and dying.

Yeah it just seemed to come out of nowhere

I don't listen to his music so I have no real feelings there but 50 is just too young for anyone to die
frown.gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #89 of 213
I understand that it is a tragic event. MJ was the man and touched a generation. He was not perfect but still, his life is truley an amazing story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back