Michael Jackson Dead
Jun 25, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #46 of 213
Wow, this is totally unexpected.

To be honest, he's one of the last people I'd have expected to die any time soon.

Jun 25, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #48 of 213
i NEVER said that Michael Jackson was an innocent man...........Nor can I say I'm a huge fan of his music.......however, it has always struck me as very VERY weird that parents left their children with a presumed child molestor and then sued the man for millions, rather than having the man put in prison.....sounds very VERY odd to me. and I personally think the media has been VERY unfair to the man. I don't believe all the accusations made about him, I'm sure some were true, and it was clear through just looking at him that he had a psychological condition. But I believe that this thread should honor his musical contribution......He as much as almost anyone in the 20th Century has been a very important and influential music artist. And the loss of the artist (not the man) is what is very sad to me.

Thank you

Jun 25, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #49 of 213
Not all that surprising, considering his health issues the last years.
Still sad news of course! R.I.P.

At least his legacy will live on.

Jun 25, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #50 of 213
He never recovered from that trial back in 2005 and had been really ill for the last couple of years...too bad he couldn't have turned it all around and made a comeback. I'm no fan of his music but he was a major talent and did deserve one last glorious spate of shows before being taken. I guess it wasn't meant to be. I honestly believe that without Jackson MTV may have been a flash in the pan such was the impact that "Thriller" made to the early days of music television.

Hopefully his tortured existence on Earth will have been left behind wherever he is now.

RIP MJ.

Peete.

Jun 25, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #52 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by 03029174 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RIP, Jackson Album HIStory going on

me, too

Jun 25, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #54 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was listening to his "Wanna Be Startin' Something" about an hour or two ago. I love all his songs, at least from the album I have. Looks like the only king alive now is James Brown.

R.I.P. MJ.

Sidenote - I wonder how much longer he'd have if he hadn't bleached himself.

Sorry to break this to you, but james brown died a while back.

Jun 25, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #55 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was listening to his "Wanna Be Startin' Something" about an hour or two ago. I love all his songs, at least from the album I have. Looks like the only king alive now is James Brown.

R.I.P. MJ.

Sidenote - I wonder how much longer he'd have if he hadn't bleached himself.

James Brown died on Christmas day in '06 (unless you're talking about a different one).

A sad day indeed. Regardless of his controversial personal life, he did make some great music. A great dancer too. I have a feeling he might have been pushing himself too hard for the tour he was due to start next month.

Jun 25, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #56 of 213
RIP
frown.gif

Jun 25, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #57 of 213
Yes, on your first point I agree -the parents in/actions always struck me as very weird too, if not downright neglectful. I've worked in child protection, so forgive me if I seem a little harsh. No doubt MJ had psychological problems -it's common that the abused become abusers, and that is truly sad....

Jun 25, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #59 of 213
He was acquitted of those charges. But as we famously do, we put on the judges' robes and pass verdict. There will never be another Michael Jackson, as a performer and showman. whatever your view of his personal space, he changed the music scene with his contributions. RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back