Mic for Audio technica AD700 for gaming
Aug 26, 2011 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Coolsax

Head-Fier
I only game on a  PS3 so when I use the AD700s they just go in my AVRs phone out.  Is there any way to rig a mic up to the AD700s for a ps3?  I've started playing more FPS and would like to start playing online.  Is there such thing as a mic only with bluetooth connection that I could rig to the AD700s or would i just be better off getting a turtle beach type headset that uses either USB connection or bluetooth?  I'm just trying to avoid having to spend another $100 on a decent headset for gaming.

thanks!

also if i were to give up on that idea and get just one side earpiece bluetooth headset would I be able to use that with the surround sound on so that I can hear only the chatter through the headset but still have all other sounds come out of the speaker system?

Aug 26, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 6

Quote:
I only game on a  PS3 so when I use the AD700s they just go in my AVRs phone out.  Is there any way to rig a mic up to the AD700s for a ps3?  I've started playing more FPS and would like to start playing online.  Is there such thing as a mic only with bluetooth connection that I could rig to the AD700s or would i just be better off getting a turtle beach type headset that uses either USB connection or bluetooth?  I'm just trying to avoid having to spend another $100 on a decent headset for gaming.

thanks!

also if i were to give up on that idea and get just one side earpiece bluetooth headset would I be able to use that with the surround sound on so that I can hear only the chatter through the headset but still have all other sounds come out of the speaker system?

Have you considered an Astro mixamp?  That would be the best solution.

If that's not an option, you could always use a bluetooth headset (like the one you'd use with your cellphone) as your mic, then just set the ps3 to output the incoming voice sounds to your headphones.  It's not the best solution but it'll definitely work.  

I'm not sure what you're asking at the end...if you use a bluetooth earpierce, it only deals with voice chat sounds.  Game sounds will come out of your tv speakers, surround setup, etc.

Aug 26, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #3 of 6
Aug 26, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
Have you considered an Astro mixamp?  That would be the best solution.

If that's not an option, you could always use a bluetooth headset (like the one you'd use with your cellphone) as your mic, then just set the ps3 to output the incoming voice sounds to your headphones.  It's not the best solution but it'll definitely work.  

I'm not sure what you're asking at the end...if you use a bluetooth earpierce, it only deals with voice chat sounds.  Game sounds will come out of your tv speakers, surround setup, etc.

The astro mixamp looks interesting.. not sure i want a $130 dollar solution since i could just get turtle beach type headset.. was trying to work with what i had :)  but definitely and interesting option since it does have its own mic port.   thank for answering the other question as well.. i haven't played much with the audio out options on the ps3 yet so if I can direct voices only to a bluetooth headset that would be nice for when i want the full surround sound on.

Quote:
Or... you could wait for the new PS3 Gaming Headset!!!
I have a couple of cans but still I ordered:

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Stereo-Headset-Playstation-3/dp/B0053OLY9O/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1314397075&sr=8-12

No mess with cables, no hassle.

:wink:

I saw that today.. I think i'm going to wait until a few reviews go up of it.  it does look interesting though for sure.

Aug 26, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #5 of 6
That wireless ps3 headset probably won't produce the same clarity as the ad700.  I use the labtec lva-7330 boom mic with my ad700.  They're discontinued and hard to come by nowadays, but there's a couple on amazon and ebay with gouged up prices.  Ideally you don't want to pay more than 20 for them.

Aug 27, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #6 of 6
08262011595.jpg
08262011595.jpg
08262011595.jpg
I agree that sound clarity wont be as great as that of a dedicated headphone, but again, no extra cables, no extra equipment, no hassle. Still, as the OP mentioned, you could wait for a couple of reviews/comparisons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back