MHDT Havana DAC
Jun 4, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #407 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by kkib /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, joel. I ordered a fit-pc2.

Now I need to find a Havana. Do they show up on the used market often?

Stalk Audiogon (AudiogoN high end audio auctions, classifieds, hifi chat) and search regularly ... they come up their more than anywhere else, really. Very seldom here at Head-fi.

Good luck.

.joel

Jun 18, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #408 of 2,680
Recieved my Havana yesterday.
It looks very nice, i really like the black anodised aluminium and the light of the tube in the night, it is just stunnig to look at.
Yesterday i listened to the music till 02.00 in the morning. Even before burn-in this DAC sounds more, more and again a lot more musical and involving compared to what a have or ever heard. Without burn-in and without a proper tube i really enjoyed the sound, so much weight to the music without a gram of sibilance or brightness, a very relaxing, smooth, musical sound. I liked how it sounds so much that today i got a day off from my job
devil_face.gif
and started to listen to the music from morning again
smily_headphones1.gif
till now..
So far, without a doubt this is my best purchase in my audio history i ever did, i think i will keep it for a loooong time ...
More impressions after i will get an NOS Cryo JW WE396A.
Now i can happily retire from head-fi, it seems that i found what i was looking for, everytime i upgraded to something better i found my system lacking of something, but never really knew what i wanted more, it was just..not so involving, not so musical, not so smooth and relaxing, now it is just a different story!
Regards,
Darku

Jun 19, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #410 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by kkib /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, joel. I ordered a fit-pc2.

Now I need to find a Havana. Do they show up on the used market often?

I might be selling my havana soon with all 4 tubes... I might downgrade to a pico dac since I'm on the move more. My havana is 220 volts though but Ive heard its easy to convert to 110.

Jun 20, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #411 of 2,680
hehe, let me know if you do want to sell it. I am in Bangkok at the moment so 220v is fine by me.
Cheers,
AP

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #416 of 2,680
Well, I just relented and moved my gaming computer into my listening room, replacing my Macbook Pro + optical with my PC + USB into my Havana with WE396A. I'm using Foobar with Kernel Streaming. It sounds way, way better. Bigger, more intense, more transparent...better everything. Fail source was fail.

Jun 25, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #417 of 2,680
these have always intrigued me but the tube sound makes me think I should listen before I invest in it as an alternative to a Buffalo. Anyone have both to compare?

Jun 26, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #418 of 2,680
I've had both. I don't think the buffalo supersedes the Havana. It depends on what you are looking for: for example, the Buffalo (with Ivy) is very neutral and detailed while the Havana is slightly less detailed but more musical.

Jun 26, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #419 of 2,680
musical meaning warmer? or what?

Jun 26, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #420 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
musical meaning warmer? or what?

From the Glossary:

"Musical (or musicality) - A sense of cohesion and subjective "rightness" in the sound."

Don't forget of course, that you can roll tubes in the Havana for different flavours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back