MHDT Havana DAC
May 2, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #391 of 2,680
I think they're a 4/40 thread, not sure though. I swapped my stock screws out for grey titanium machine screws.

May 3, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #392 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have any hands on experience with any other converters except the ones built into my constantine (Thingee is much better) and Stello(Thingee is slightly better). The Trends UD10 uses the same chip as the Stello and should also do a good job too for less money than the Thingee.

What bothers me about the Thingee is that you can't open it up to to see what's really in there. They are probably using the same chip as everyone else and get away with charging more, because there's no way to tell what they are actually using.

There are some threads you can read comparing the Trends, Thingee and Hag. IIRC, they both were rated better than the Hag.

USG

Thanks! Plenty of time to do my research until I scraped enough funds to buy these anyway.
tongue.gif

As a side question, upgrading your source will yield more improvement compared to upgrading amp no? I'm currently using the Audio-gd Compass and this thing already sounds pretty decent so I really want my next upgrade to really make a difference.

May 20, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #393 of 2,680
Will someone sell me *back* my Bendix 6385 tube for use in the Havana?

[embarassed]

I'm prepared to immediately PayPay you the exact amount you payed me.

It's just that I've got this new RSA Raptor amp ... and .. well ... I just think the 6385 would be perfect for it and all ...

So PM me if we can do some bizness.

smily_headphones1.gif

May 20, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #395 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Joel,
Have you ever tried the lm ericssons on your havana?

No I have not.

But I will.

Wanna send me some?

:wink:

May 20, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #399 of 2,680
Hehe sigh, Joel, you have no clue on how many times I've looked at that Havana you posted the link of. If I could only afford it - but getting the Raptor, my funds have completely depleted!

May 24, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #401 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by twylight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that one is sold - i checked heh

And mines certainly not for sale ... so you guys are S.O.O.L.

wink.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #403 of 2,680
My Havana sounds even better now with the GE 1962 swapped out for a NOS (yay yellow writing) WE 396A. Huge soundstage, way crisper but still silky smooth, bass penetrates a little deeper. The tube is very important...hehe

Jun 3, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #404 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Havana sounds even better now with the GE 1962 swapped out for a NOS (yay yellow writing) WE 396A. Huge soundstage, way crisper but still silky smooth, bass penetrates a little deeper. The tube is very important...hehe

Is your WE 396A "JW" branded?

If so, the tube will read JW WE396A.

These tube are 100% better than the non JW branded tubes. I have had them both and it's amazing how much better the JW tubes are (the "JW" means military spec, as I understand it but Orcin might be able to clarify).

You'll pay more for them but it's worth it. Got mine for 70 dollars from tube world.

Main difference between the JW and non-JW is detail, air and resolution.

Best ...
.joel

Jun 4, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #405 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by kkib /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am interested in MHDT Havana DAC and was wondering if it will perform well connected to a fit-pc(2)? Any experience, insights?

RE: Fit-PC2??

Yes. As long as you've got either a coaxial/toslink or USB output to feed the Havana ... it would be excellent with that little unit.

Best.
.joel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back